Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Movie of our Camino Primitivo this past summer

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thank you Liz for your photos and music (muiñeira de Chantada included!).
So you did Hospitales and went to Muxia.
I can tell from yor smiling faces that you enjoyed a Camino that you had been preparing for a long time.
I'm happy for that:)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you Liz for your photos and music (muiñeira de Chantada included!).
So you did Hospitales and went to Muxia.
I can tell from yor smiling faces that you enjoyed a Camino that you had been preparing for a long time.
I'm happy for that:)
Hi Pelegrin, yes -- we did Hospitales -- It was the second hardest day for me (going down to the dam before Grandas was the hardest). But it was the most absolutely glorious experience. We were worried about thunderstorms up there and made plans at Campiello to walk in groups (hence the big group picture). But the day was incredible. Every thing about this camino was incredible!

We had planned originally to walk from Muxia to Fisterra, but from the day before Lugo to Santiago we were walking in very hot weather (33+ degrees) and I had trouble in that heat with blisters. We decided to take a rest day in Lugo (now my favorite Spanish city after Santiago) and to take an extra day in Santiago.

It was all simply wonderful!

Liz

Hi Primitivo-ites.

I have not been online much this fall. My work schedule has eaten up my free time almost completely. I finally finished a video of our Primitivo from this past summer. The link is also on my blog. Its public on youtube here.

Liz
Loved it. The horses on Hospitales, although it makes me wonder if the carcases I saw could be their, amd the view of the dam. And the girl who,paints rainbows, whose name escpaes me. Paz, Mapi?

I started wondering today what to walk next spring: new groud ( English, fistera), otpr Portugese, or go back to Norte & Primitivo. Arghhh.

Thank you for,your video and the memories,it brought back,

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I love the way that you Primitivo-ites (great word, @ebrandt !) write about your experience and your love of this Camino. Maybe I am imagining this, but there seems to be a pure awe in so many of the posts about the Primitivo. This was one of the things that made me really want to do this route - so I'm grateful to all you hard-core Primitivo-ites for sharing your experiences so generously.

We initially thought of the Portuguese for our 2016 Camino, but I couldn't shake my Primitivo notions . My husband was a little unsure, but it didn't take too much persuasion. A couple of weeks ago, I showed him @katdavis 's video of her Primitivo photos - deal done! We'll probably do this in September 2016, but June is also a possibility. Ideally, I would like to walk the Del Salvador too, but that might have to wait for another time.

Thank you so much for sharing. It has brought back so many happy memories for me. I walked last October. I would love to be there again now.

Hi Pelegrin, yes -- we did Hospitales -- It was the second hardest day for me (going down to the dam before Grandas was the hardest). But it was the most absolutely glorious experience. We were worried about thunderstorms up there and made plans at Campiello to walk in groups (hence the big group picture). But the day was incredible. Every thing about this camino was incredible!

We had planned originally to walk from Muxia to Fisterra, but from the day before Lugo to Santiago we were walking in very hot weather (33+ degrees) and I had trouble in that heat with blisters. We decided to take a rest day in Lugo (now my favorite Spanish city after Santiago) and to take an extra day in Santiago.

It was all simply wonderful!

Liz

So, you were lucky because living a thunderstorm in the middle of Hospitales wouldn´t had been a nice thing.
I don´t know how many cities you know in Spain but thank you for saying that about Lugo. My home village is located 40 kms from Lugo and therefore I have been there many times.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Loved it. The horses on Hospitales, although it makes me wonder if the carcases I saw could be their, amd the view of the dam. And the girl who,paints rainbows, whose name escpaes me. Paz, Mapi?

I started wondering today what to walk next spring: new groud ( English, fistera), otpr Portugese, or go back to Norte & Primitivo. Arghhh.

Thank you for,your video and the memories,it brought back,
Anemone -- I unfortunately did not write down her name either but we enjoyed coffee and I bought a pair of her macrame earrings!

We are walking four stages on the California Mission Walk this thanksgiving. Next summer I'm not sure. But we are thinking now of walking from Le Puy when we retire in 2019.

Liz

Anemone -- I unfortunately did not write down her name either but we enjoyed coffee and I bought a pair of her macrame earrings!

We are walking four stages on the California Mission Walk this thanksgiving. Next summer I'm not sure. But we are thinking now of walking from Le Puy when we retire in 2019.

Liz
Your staminal and sensé of adventure amase me. Happy Thank Giving walk!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thank you Liz, we will be walking this one in 2016. I am really looking forward to the challenge of a lesser travelled Camino.
My plan is to walk the Primitivo in May. I much prefer quieter caminos, and this seems ideal. \my camino last May - Ruta del Ebro - was TOO quiet :( .... I stayed in four albergues and was totally alone in three of them!
Maybe our paths will cross, Nuala.
Blessings from a wet Suffolk UK.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
My plan is to walk the Primitivo in May. I much prefer quieter caminos, and this seems ideal. \my camino last May - Ruta del Ebro - was TOO quiet :( .... I stayed in four albergues and was totally alone in three of them!
Maybe our paths will cross, Nuala.
Blessings from a wet Suffolk UK.

Thank you Stephen, it's a bit soggy here too at the moment. We've definitely decided to walk the Primitivo next year, but we're debating whether to do it in May/June or in September/October. My impatient side says do it in May/June, but my sensible side remembers that I get really bad hayfever at that time of year.
I had a small taste of the joys of a quieter Camino when I walked the Ingles this year. Your Ruto del Ebro experience sounds very solitary indeed!

Thank you Stephen, it's a bit soggy here too at the moment. We've definitely decided to walk the Primitivo next year, but we're debating whether to do it in May/June or in September/October. My impatient side says do it in May/June, but my sensible side remembers that I get really bad hayfever at that time of year.
I tend always to walk in May. I can't wait until September! In May, most of the rains have lessened, and the wild flowers are out in all their beauty. And - USUALLY - it's not too hot. Mind you, last May, Spain had its hottest May for 22 years, with temperatures up to 37 degs - but that's extremely unusual, and only lasted a few days.
So ... we may meet. If you meet a weary old fellow on his knees, give him [me] a hand!
Buen camino Primitivo!

Nice video Liz!, and thank you for including us in it! :) I linked it from our facebook site a few days ago! ;-)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back