• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Edinburgh Meet-Up and John Muir Way

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
Time of past OR future Camino
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
I am flying this Friday the 13th (cheap flight I wonder why ;)) to Edinburgh. I will be staying with a friend ~20min away from Edinburgh but obviously also visiting the big city. Anybody wants to meet up for a wee dram and some pilgrim chat? Send me a PM!

I will be in Scotland until the 2nd December and hope to walk, if the weather isn't too ugly, the John Muir Way from Helensburgh to Dunbar. Anybody here living on that road and wants to meet up or even offer a tired pilgrim a soft piece of floor for the night?

Buen Camino, SY

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I am flying this Friday the 13th (cheap flight I wonder why ;)) to Edinburgh. I will be staying with a friend ~20min away from Edinburgh but obviously also visiting the big city. Anybody wants to meet up for a wee dram and some pilgrim chat? Send me a PM!

I will be in Scotland until the 2nd December and hope to walk, if the weather isn't too ugly, the John Muir Way from Helensburgh to Dunbar. Anybody here living on that road and wants to meet up or even offer a tired pilgrim a soft piece of floor for the night?

Buen Camino, SY
SYates, the John Muir Way is one I am considering for next early Autumn. A couple of others are The West Highland Way. It was suggested I could do this from Glasgow to Fort William then continue up the Great Glen to Inverness. Let me know your thoughts as you travel the John Muir Way. I will base myself in Edinburgh, as I have a life-long friend there. Maggie

Hi Maggie, I will take the bus tomorrow to Helensburgh and start walking. Let's see how far I come, depending on the weather. I will keep you updated how it goes. Buen Camino, SY

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Maggie, I will take the bus tomorrow to Helensburgh and start walking. Let's see how far I come, depending on the weather. I will keep you updated how it goes. Buen Camino, SY
If youd rather, feel free to use my PM for your updates, so as not to divert from all things El Camino….appreciate it.

If you haven't already seen them, will you have the time to stop off at Falkirk to see the Kelpies?

If you haven't already seen them, will you have the time to stop off at Falkirk to see the Kelpies?
I'm sure these horse head sculptures are worth seeing, but haven't made a final decision on which route I will do….

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
You might want to try St Columba's Way from Scotland's Border country to the Holy Island of Lindisfarne.

Yes I am, apologies for the error, St Colomba's Way is of course north of there stretching from Iona to St Andrews.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.