• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Villar Farfon

sulu

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
a few since 2010
I walked from Zamora without my guide. only with note from Mundicamino, which I found to be out of date, as usual, but I think that any guide is out of date for this stretch of the camino. Mundicamino says that Villar Farfon is deserted and the Levante guide does not mention the Albergue.
3km before Villar Farfon there was a sign saying that there was refreshment in 3km. I thought this probably meant that in peak times there is something here so I did not hold out much hope. When I arrived in the village it was obvious that there were some people here but it was Holy Week and there are more people about in small villages. I couldn't see, and didn't expect to see, a bar. I sat on a bench for a few minutes but then continued, just at the very end of the village I saw signs again. I was desperate for a loo so I rang the bell at the doorway.
Wow!!!
This is a small albergue, run by a South African. He offers tea or coffee (and the toilet) to any pilgrims, for a donativo. The albergue is small and in the middle of nowhere but for anyone in need of R&R it is wonderful. There is a kitchen and a small range of food and drink available for those who arrive unprepared.
Villar Farfon is probably not somewhere you would put on your list of 'places I must visit' but for anyone in need of a rest on the camino take note that it exists, not only as somewhere to sleep but with nourishment available as well.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I walked from Zamora without my guide. only with note from Mundicamino, which I found to be out of date, as usual, but I think that any guide is out of date for this stretch of the camino. Mundicamino says that Villar Farfon is deserted and the Levante guide does not mention the Albergue.
3km before Villar Farfon there was a sign saying that there was refreshment in 3km. I thought this probably meant that in peak times there is something here so I did not hold out much hope. When I arrived in the village it was obvious that there were some people here but it was Holy Week and there are more people about in small villages. I couldn't see, and didn't expect to see, a bar. I sat on a bench for a few minutes but then continued, just at the very end of the village I saw signs again. I was desperate for a loo so I rang the bell at the doorway.
Wow!!!
This is a small albergue, run by a South African. He offers tea or coffee (and the toilet) to any pilgrims, for a donativo. The albergue is small and in the middle of nowhere but for anyone in need of R&R it is wonderful. There is a kitchen and a small range of food and drink available for those who arrive unprepared.
Villar Farfon is probably not somewhere you would put on your list of 'places I must visit' but for anyone in need of a rest on the camino take note that it exists, not only as somewhere to sleep but with nourishment available as well.
I have a plan to stay in Vilar de Farfon and this is the info I've gathered so far:

A (4pl, »Rehoboth«, Travesia de la Iglesia 25, 647-297-390, craigdotw@yahoo.co.uk, pilgrimmission@yahoo.co.uk, www.pilgrimmission.org) don€

Anyway thanks for posting, Sue!

lovely oasis for a cool drink on a hot afternoon

Attachments

• 2013 Caminos Aragones and Sanabres 304.jpg
    2013 Caminos Aragones and Sanabres 304.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 9
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I've stopped by three times for a cup of coffee and enjoy chatting with the owners. They built up their house/annex albergue (one room) from ruins and actually slept quite some time in tents inside the house.

If I recall, there is only room for about 4 people, lovely with lots of wood and stone.

Hi,

I've been there as well, not staying but passing by and having a coffee. For the dog-o-phobes out there, it would be good to know they have a large dog. It ran out, seemingly from nowhere, when I was walking by, rushing towards me and barking aggressively. I was startled and didn't know what to do. This went on for about three and a half seconds, then he started wagging his tail and jumping around my feet begging me to play - he was harmless! That's how I got interested in this place so I stopped for coffee, chatting with the owners.

So far so good. The thing is that these people belong to some church or sect or something. The man gave me a Bible before I set off again. Not Jehova's Witnesses but it was something similar. I was a bit offended by this, but I gracefully accepted the gift as there was no need to make a scene of it. Don't get me wrong: they can belong to any church they want and, after all, the Camino is a Christian pilgrimage... But handing out bibles randomly without knowing if people are believers or not... I don't know. The others that were there were not awarded this - how should I interpret this!? Do I look that bad? :O)

Sorry, I found this a little bit strange and I do not intend to visit this place a second time... I hope I'm not offending anyone here...

/BP

Hi, BP,

I stopped there for coffee and was given the same pamphlet you describe. When I got to the albergue in Mombuey, there was a big stack of them in different languages, so I just added mine to the pile. I would have preferred to not accept the material, but, like you, I didn't want to be rude since they had been so kind.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Oh,

A few years ago it was but I'm almost sure it was a bible. They must have seen me as a really bad specimen of a pilgrim. In need of penitence and absolution. In spite of me playing with that dog of theirs that I actually liked very much! Being as kind as I could!! :OD

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back