• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

"A Country Boy on the Camino"

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Two things to consider:

There are a lot, really a lot of travel memoirs of the Camino, especially the Francés published already, you really need a unique point of view / style to stand out from the crowd.

Be careful, I hope your friend warns you of this also, not to fall for any company that takes your money in exchange for 'deluxe publishing packages' or similar. You can publish for free on Amazon via KDP and Createspace.

Upfront costs for indie authors are typically cover design, editing and proof reading and you can organize all this yourself, you don't need a publisher for this. If you have any questions, send me a PM and I do my best to help. Buen Camino, SY

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
You really really do need an editor. Don't let anyone tell you any different.
Agree.

Currently, my husband is getting a book ready for the printer, and we hired an editor to work through the MS and do basic edits on conventions-type issues (comma use, spelling, sentence structure, etc.). Sadly, she also changed the word choices, and as a large part of the book's charm is the use of 19th-century colloquial midwestern english, I am now having to completely re-edit, changing language again and referring to an original (and very messy) original manuscript. You not only need an editor, but you then need to check the editor's work. Carefully and painstakingly.

Two things to consider:

There are a lot, really a lot of travel memoirs of the Camino, especially the Francés published already, you really need a unique point of view / style to stand out from the crowd.

Be careful, I hope your friend warns you of this also, not to fall for any company that takes your money in exchange for 'deluxe publishing packages' or similar. You can publish for free on Amazon via KDP and Createspace.

Upfront costs for indie authors are typically cover design, editing and proof reading and you can organize all this yourself, you don't need a publisher for this. If you have any questions, send me a PM and I do my best to help. Buen Camino, SY
Thank you for your input, I plan on doing it myself as much as possible

A selection of Camino Jewellery
You really really do need an editor. Don't let anyone tell you any different.

A friend who has published five books tells me you need two editors; one to tell you what you do well, and one to tell you what you do poorly.

Also don't underestimate the power of beta-readers, if you have good ones, it really can cut down on time/costs of an editor (which you still need). Buen Camino, SY

Most read last week in this forum

My father read a book about the Camino written by a Catholic Priest from a small town in Europe. The book was fairly detailed in capturing life of pilgrim. We have perused all pics of books on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back