• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

I am now registered for the European Peace Walk

Bonita

Time of past OR future Camino
September ( 2015)
My friend and I are registered to start on 28 June. I finished SJdP to Santiago in September, and now I'm getting ready to do this one. Anyone else going around that time.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
That's great to hear. I am planning to do it in 2017. It will be different but that's the point. I am looking forward to doing the CP sometime in the next couple of years as well, though

Just don't expect the experience to be anywhere similar - please read the blogs of previous EPW walkers.
Kit, thanks for the advice. I know I will be in a completely different part of the continent, so I'm expecting NEW adventures. I certainly hope it won't be the same as the Camino - what's the point of that. My attitude is always positive, no matter what. Of course, it will be difficult in parts, just as the Camino was. I embrace every experience that I have.

I read one blog by a couple and they were quite positive. I probably won't read any more. When I was preparing for the Camino, I started reading several books and blogs. I had to stop because all they did was whine about their blisters or their aching body parts. I have to admit, I did get 4 blisters and have achey (spelling doesn't look right) body parts, but nothing to complain about. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the experience. Thanks again.

Sheila and SY, thanks for the positive feedback.

Just a quick comment. A friend that I met in the Camino Frances went on the Peace Walk last summer. Possibly because of the rather desperate situation with the refugee movement, she found that they were treated very suspiciously in some places, especially Hungary and were definitely not welcomed.

Something to keep in mind if you do feel an unexpected 'chill' in the air. Unless you speak Hungarian, they have no idea what you're doing, as the European walk is quite new, and apparently not well known or accepted in the small communities.

Have a wonderful experience ! Take lots of water and a bit of food as it is not as frequently available as it is on the caminos.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Enjoy the EPW. Keep an open mind. I walked it the first year. EPW walkers are in the process of developing something so the mind is much more active, seeking solutions, finding the way, etc then it is on any of the established caminos. I made friends in Hungary who I still communicate with regularly almost three years later . OTOH there were places where I was the first person from the United States that folks had actually met and talked to. The people were for the most part loving, The scenery was spectacular; like a fairy tale in place. The horror show of the history of the area and the ongoing struggle with refugee migrations really bring home the full human experience. There is very little show, pomp and circumstance on the EPW. It is walk with humanity and all that we entail.

My friend and I are registered to start on 28 June. I finished SJdP to Santiago in September, and now I'm getting ready to do this one. Anyone else going around that time.
Hi Bonita. My husband and I are starting the 2016 European Peace Walk on 4 July. Perhaps we'll see you on a the trail somewhere. We're looking forward to it.

There are a number of peacecamino.com posters attached to trees with screws from Sarria onward. It would be nice if the European Peace Walk would remove these nature-destructive signs that were put up on their behalf. :) They are very durable, attached to prevent removal (Pilgrims have broken corners and defaced them in anger, but to no avail) and not in concert with "peace" that would include peace with nature.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi Bonita. My husband and I are starting the 2016 European Peace Walk on 4 July. Perhaps we'll see you on a the trail somewhere. We're looking forward to it.
I'll keep an outlook for you. Maybe we'll meet up at the end, if not before.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back