• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Santiago to Finisterre

Skol

Time of past OR future Camino
French way, last 110k in April 2014
Hi, we have 3 days to walk parts or most of the Santiago to Finisterre way at the end of March - would really appreciate suggestions on the best parts to include in our walking plan as doing the full way in 3 days may not be possible.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
In only three days...I would take a bus from Santiago to Cee and then hike to Sardineiro were you can switch and hike along the beach boardwalks to Finisterre...in the evening hike up to the lighthouse...the next day I would hike to Muxia along the coast of which about 5 km of the trail is on a beautiful beach...in the evening hike out to the cathedral on the ocean...this gives you an extra day to rest or for weather...and you can take a bus back from both Finisterre and Muxia...basically the best hiking trail with an ocean view is between Finisterre and Muxia.

I walked it in 2 and in 3 days, so it may be possible although i get the long distance walking is not for all.

I would surely not miss the last day where you can walk the last part of the day on the beach entering Finisterre.

Maybe start in Negreira which about 63 km from Finisterre
Or Vilaserio, about 50+ km from Finisterre
Or santa Mariña, about 40+ km from Finisterre.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
In only three days...I would take a bus from Santiago to Cee and then hike to Sardineiro were you can switch and hike along the beach boardwalks to Finisterre...in the evening hike up to the lighthouse...the next day I would hike to Muxia along the coast of which about 5 km of the trail is on a beautiful beach...in the evening hike out to the cathedral on the ocean...this gives you an extra day to rest or for weather...and you can take a bus back from both Finisterre and Muxia...basically the best hiking trail with an ocean view is between Finisterre and Muxia.
Great suggestions. thanks. I like the idea of taking the hiking trail from Finisterre to Muxia.

I walked it in 2 and in 3 days, so it may be possible although i get the long distance walking is not for all.

I would surely not miss the last day where you can walk the last part of the day on the beach entering Finisterre.

Maybe start in Negreira which about 63 km from Finisterre
Or Vilaserio, about 50+ km from Finisterre
Or santa Mariña, about 40+ km from Finisterre.
Thanks a mil - i think starting at Vilaserio or Santa Marina might be an option for us and that will give us time to walk to Muxia as well.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back