• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Mozarabe from Malaga starting March 12, 2016

kg76

Time of past OR future Camino
Mozarabe (2016)
Hi everybody,

Just wondering whether there are more people planning to walk this route around this time?

best
KG

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Forum member @marilyn van graan is hoping to walk from Malaga starting 13 April and is looking for a walking partner.

Forum member @marilyn van graan is hoping to walk from Malaga starting 13 April and is looking for a walking partner.
Thanks Magwood, seems not very many people will be taking this route. This was kind of the idea, but meeting nobody for two weeks is maybe a bit much. Thanks for your blog, it is lovely.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi KG - I am hoping to walk from Malaga but seems not many are going to do this route - I see you are starting in March but sad to say your dates are just too early for me - I really don't fancy walking 18 days with no other pilgrims on route - if I cannot find anyone who is walking in mid April I might change my route let me know if you change your mind about leaving times - I agree Maggie's blog is wonderful
Buen camino
Marilyn

I'm hoping for next year, too, but I wouldn't be able to leave till early May. Looks like there will be a lot of pent up demand for the Mozarabe! I was planning to start in Almeria, would you Malaga starters tell me how you chose your starting point?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I'm hoping for next year, too, but I wouldn't be able to leave till early May. Looks like there will be a lot of pent up demand for the Mozarabe! I was planning to start in Almeria, would you Malaga starters tell me how you chose your starting point?
I think for me it was after reading Maggie 's blog that got me thinking that this camino sounds awesome - I have done the VDLP starting in Sevilla (2014) and really loved it all so decided to do the extra add on - hence Malaga start

I think for me it was after reading Maggie 's blog that got me thinking that this camino sounds awesome - I have done the VDLP starting in Sevilla (2014) and really loved it all so decided to do the extra add on - hence Malaga start

Sorry, I guess I didn´t frame my question clearly. I don't know if you've seen this guide, Marilyn, http://www.caminomozarabedesantiago.es/documentos/guia-esp.pdf
but there are marked caminos from Almería, Málaga, or Jaén, all of which come together before Córdoba, and then ultimately join up with the Vdlp in Mérida. What I'm trying to figure out is how to choose between Almería and Málaga as my starting point. The Almería start would go through Granada and is also about 170 km longer to Santiago (Almería to Santiago is 1395, Málaga to Santiago is 1223), so those are two reasons in favor of an Almería start in my mind.

I wonder if anyone can comment on the differences in the terrain and anything else that would help me decide between those two. I've kind of discarded the Jaén option, for no special reason except that it is shorter and I've been to Jaén a couple of times. Thanks, buen camino, Laurie

Hi - yes I have seen that guide and I think it is good - have you decided to walk from Almeria and if so how long do you anticipate taking- I didn't realize that it is further than from Malaga - I don't mind the distance as I was going to add Finisterre on . Would you like to have someone coming up in the rear on your camino because I could then change direction so to say - i haven't finalized my bookings yet.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi everybody,

Just wondering whether there are more people planning to walk this route around this time?

best
KG
After having walked that Camino from Granada to Cordoba (spring 2014)and stopped due to a blister problem, we'll start again towards Merida on March 13th 2016 but from Cordoba !
Buen Camino !

After having walked that Camino from Granada to Cordoba (spring 2014)and stopped due to a blister problem, we'll start again towards Merida on March 13th 2016 but from Cordoba !
Buen Camino !
Hope you have a wonderful camino and that the weather is kind to you - maybe this time the blisters will stay away.
Buen camino

Thanks very much Marilyn, let's cross fingers...

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello fellow pilgrims. I will start walking the Camino Mozárabe from Almería on 5th April 2024 and just wonder whether there is anybody else there around that date with the same objective?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back