• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Austin/Central Texas - new Chapter forming of American Pilgrims on the Camino

mcopeland

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances - April-June, 2016
Portuguese Lisbon-Santiago - October, 2017
I've been asked to post this notice on the Forum. If you're interested in attending, please RSVP as a private message. It's so exciting to have some local support!
Mary

We are thrilled to announce the American Pilgrims on the Camino board has approved our first step for forming a local chapter in the Austin/Central Texas area!

The mission of our chapter would be to build a community that provides support to pilgrims, past, present and future and to have fun in the process. We hope to coordinate walks/hikes for members (family and pets invited), hold regular happy hour gatherings, have monthly intro meetings for new (to the Camino) pilgrims, and to set up our own private online group where we can keep each other up to date on Camino plans and local activities. We are looking forward to hearing what you’d like too!

The first step toward establishing a chapter is to have two exploratory meetings to confirm there is sufficient interest in our area. We’ve scheduled these meetings at different times of day/days of the week to hopefully make it possible for everyone to attend at least one.
Both meetings will be held at REI downtown
601 N. Lamar Dr, Austin, TX 78703
The first meeting on Wednesday, March 2nd from 6-8pm
And the second meeting on Sunday, March 6th from 4-6pm

These meetings will give us a chance to meet, chat and learn more about what we’d all like to build together for our local group. If you have friends that have walked the Camino, or have interest, please feel free to invite them too!
Please RSVP in a private message to let us know if you plan to attend (and which meeting) and how many family/friends (if any) you're bringing with you.
We’ll provide snacks and drinks for the exploratory meetings.
Looking forward to meeting you!
Buen Camino!
Jennie Benjamin
Claire Weber
Co-Chairs of American Pilgrims Chapter Exploratory Committee

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello future pilgrims!Although I can't make to the meeting,I just wanted to say that I live in Laredo.My trip will be July 12th to Sept 6Th along the Camino France's.There's no hills what so ever where I live.I've been training a lot with a 20 lb pack so when I hit the Meseta in August I'll be good to go in the heat.I'm a trucker and I'm away quite a bit so maybe I can get to a meeting in the future.BUEN CAMINO!James.

I've been asked to post this notice on the Forum. If you're interested in attending, please RSVP as a private message. It's so exciting to have some local support!
Mary

We are thrilled to announce the American Pilgrims on the Camino board has approved our first step for forming a local chapter in the Austin/Central Texas area!

The mission of our chapter would be to build a community that provides support to pilgrims, past, present and future and to have fun in the process. We hope to coordinate walks/hikes for members (family and pets invited), hold regular happy hour gatherings, have monthly intro meetings for new (to the Camino) pilgrims, and to set up our own private online group where we can keep each other up to date on Camino plans and local activities. We are looking forward to hearing what you’d like too!

The first step toward establishing a chapter is to have two exploratory meetings to confirm there is sufficient interest in our area. We’ve scheduled these meetings at different times of day/days of the week to hopefully make it possible for everyone to attend at least one.
Both meetings will be held at REI downtown
601 N. Lamar Dr, Austin, TX 78703
The first meeting on Wednesday, March 2nd from 6-8pm
And the second meeting on Sunday, March 6th from 4-6pm

These meetings will give us a chance to meet, chat and learn more about what we’d all like to build together for our local group. If you have friends that have walked the Camino, or have interest, please feel free to invite them too!
Please RSVP in a private message to let us know if you plan to attend (and which meeting) and how many family/friends (if any) you're bringing with you.
We’ll provide snacks and drinks for the exploratory meetings.
Looking forward to meeting you!
Buen Camino!
Jennie Benjamin
Claire Weber
Co-Chairs of American Pilgrims Chapter Exploratory Committee

Hello!
I am not sure I can make it to the meeting but will try. I am located in San Antonio.
I am planning on walking the Camino March 19-april 1. I have been researching and most likely fly into Madrid and start in Pamplona.

Anyone else migh be going around that time. It will be my first time on the Camino.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hello!
I am not sure I can make it to the meeting but will try. I am located in San Antonio.
I am planning on walking the Camino March 19-april 1. I have been researching and most likely fly into Madrid and start in Pamplona.

Anyone else migh be going around that time. It will be my first time on the Camino.

Did you know there is an American Pilgrims on the Camino group in San Antonio? But you are certainly welcome to attend the meeting in Austin.

Congratulations on the formation of an APOC chapter in Austin. We have found the Colorado Front Range Chapter here in the Denver/Boulder area a tremendous resource for would-be pilgrims as well as for veterans.
Ultreia!

Well, I didn't start it. I'm just the messinger!

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

This may seem petty since the actual donation cost was minimal, but in February 2024, I sent some money to American Pilgrims (americanpilgrims.org) for two credentials in advance of an April 2024...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.