• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Part of Mozárabe from Málaga or Almería March 2016?

LTfit

Veteran Member
Hi past and future Mozárabe walkers!

From March 10th on I have about 18 days off to walk a Camino. Given the season, any Camino in the North might not be a good choice and so am looking at starting in the south - the Mozárabe, the Vía Augusta (from Cádiz) or the Lana from Alicante.

I have already walked the Plata twice and the Mózarabe from Granada to Mérida Sept/October 2014 and so am thinking about Málaga to Córdoba or Almería to Córdoba, the first part of both would be new.

Anyone interested in joining? When I walked from Granada I was the only one on the camino for 16 days and rather not repeat. Also if anyone has suggestions or ideas for a March Camino, please post. I am open to all options.

Cheers,
LT

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
If you decide on Malaga, I could join you for a few days

Hi past and future Mozárabe walkers!

From March 10th on I have about 18 days off to walk a Camino. Given the season, any Camino in the North might not be a good choice and so am looking at starting in the south - the Mozárabe, the Vía Augusta (from Cádiz) or the Lana from Alicante.

I have already walked the Plata twice and the Mózarabe from Granada to Mérida Sept/October 2014 and so am thinking about Málaga to Córdoba or Almería to Córdoba, the first part of both would be new.

Anyone interested in joining? When I walked from Granada I was the only one on the camino for 16 days and rather not repeat. Also if anyone has suggestions or ideas for a March Camino, please post. I am open to all options.

Cheers,
LT

Ok, here we go again, another year with multiple caminos for dear LT. I would love to join, would love it more than anything! Lucky lucky you. Abrazos from Laurie.

Thanks ladies for your replies:).

@peregrina2000: don't you have an Easter break;)?

@Magwood: that would be nice! Will let you know when I finally decide which route to take.

Have crossed the Vía Augusta off my list as I just spoke to a former Camino companion who walked it recently and he said that between Cádiz and Sevilla there is only one albergue, necessitating pensiones or hostales which I prefer to avoid.

Anyone else with ideas and/or suggestions?
Want to walk 2+ weeks with a Camino addict:)? Laurie walked 3 weeks with me this past summer and survived the ordeal ;).

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I actually went to check my holiday dates, I was soooo tempted, especially by 'the Lana' as it is a bit too solitary to go alone (for me).
But alas no, they don't coincide :(
Buen camino LTfit, whichever you choose :)

Well, I am entertaining this idea! However, I need to sort out my schedule and that won't be confirmed for a few weeks. I would love to walk some of these southern routes, but not entirely alone. What sort of daily distance would you expect to walk, @LTfit ?

Hi @C clearly it really depends on albergue options and stages. I enjoy distances of about 30-35 km, can walk 40 km stages but am not adverse to 25+km. 20 km is too short for my liking. What about you? I speak Spanish so language is not a problem.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I prefer to plan for no more than 25 km, particularly at the beginning as I would be suffering 9 hours of jet lag. I have been examining the stages of the VdlP with that in mind and see that it is feasible, but the other routes might be a problem. I speak Spanish, and enjoy being on my own, but don't really want to be alone all day and evening every day!

I understand what you mean, I too am fine being on my own but after walking 16 days from Granada-Mérida last year without seeing anyone, it would be nice to share a meal or an albergue with someone from time to time.

Hi LT
I will be walking from the 12th of March from Malaga. Would be my first Camino. Any chance I will see you there?
Best

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I'm sure I can wrangle it - my poor long suffering partner is already losing me for the first week of April and then I start my own Camino on the 21st. But all being well I can will be able to do the first two days with you. It seems there will be a few forum members walking in March/April, but not coinciding with your dates. Anyway, I shall look forward to meeting you in person after making your acquaintance in cyberspace.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I will be with my sister-in-law in Spain from March 6 to April 17, mostly walking on the VdlP. However, our plans are very flexible and arriving in Santiago is not essential. We could even jump around from one route to another. I wouldn't mind getting a taste of some of these southern routes, even without walking the full length. So if any of you are still seeking company, for example for a few days or a week during our dates, let me know either here or by personal message.

I'm sure I can wrangle it - my poor long suffering partner is already losing me for the first week of April and then I start my own Camino on the 21st. But all being well I can will be able to do the first two days with you. It seems there will be a few forum members walking in March/April, but not coinciding with your dates. Anyway, I shall look forward to meeting you in person after making your acquaintance in cyberspace.
Oh Maggie that sounds great - what camino are you doing this year - once my mail is Up and running we can correspond via there. Your house is amazing why do you want to sell - I could live there till they carried me out in a boxlooking forward to meeting you too - have a great weekend

I think I am going to bite the bullet and book my flights - they are filling up quickly and I don't want to miss out - so will be leaving the 11April and hopefully start on the 13 April - it is going to be a lonely journey but you never know I might just meet up with another peregrino or two!!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I think I am going to bite the bullet and book my flights - they are filling up quickly and I don't want to miss out - so will be leaving the 11April and hopefully start on the 13 April - it is going to be a lonely journey but you never know I might just meet up with another peregrino or two!!
Hi, Marilyn, sounds wonderful! With the large increases in pilgrims on all caminos, maybe you will be lucky and find someone. When I walked the Levante, on day 4 I met two Frenchmen with whom I walked for the next 40+ days. And we saw a total of maybe 3 other walkers. So it can happen, and I hope it happens for you. But having walked a lot of these solitary routes, I know it is also wonderful to be on your own, finding your own way, and sorting things out as you go. With your experience on caminos, you have that reservoir of grit and sense that you can call on if things go a bit awry. The good thing is, those olive fields are never too far from a village! Buen camino to you, Laurie

Hi, Marilyn, sounds wonderful! With the large increases in pilgrims on all caminos, maybe you will be lucky and find someone. When I walked the Levante, on day 4 I met two Frenchmen with whom I walked for the next 40+ days. And we saw a total of maybe 3 other walkers. So it can happen, and I hope it happens for you. But having walked a lot of these solitary routes, I know it is also wonderful to be on your own, finding your own way, and sorting things out as you go. With your experience on caminos, you have that reservoir of grit and sense that you can call on if things go a bit awry. The good thing is, those olive fields are never too far from a village! Buen camino to you, Laurie
Hi Laurie - thank you for this lovely message and so encouraging - I agree it is lovely to walk some of the roads on your own and I am very comfortable with myself but like Maggie said it is nice to share a meal or two with someone else at times. Hopefully I will meet another couple of peregrinos - my one huge scare are those dogs - oh my goodness I did have a couple of hairy!! Encounters on VDLP so I always have them in the back if my mind. Never thought about villages close to the olive groves but it makes sense - thank you once again take care and buen camino to you too

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back