• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Number of Pilgrims in Avila Albergue doubles in 5 years

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
A lovely place.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
As you know Laurie, the infrastructure just isn't there. Most of the albergues have only 4 beds so how would they accommodate a group of pilgrim at one time - spread out yes but not together.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
That isn't much in the way of growth, wonder what's keeping the Levante numbers down?

Be aware Ávila is both on the Levante and the Sureste and roughly one third of pilgrims make Levante while two thirds make Sureste...

BTW, it may be not too much growth but it's more than the average growth per year from 2009 to 2014...

Last edited by a moderator:
As you know Laurie, the infrastructure just isn't there. Most of the albergues have only 4 beds so how would they accommodate a group of pilgrim at one time - spread out yes but not together.

I actually thought the infrastructure was good considering how few pilgrims there were. I think there were albergues in more than half the stages we stopped. When I walked from Lisbon in 2008 or 2009, there were no albergues, not one. Yet look at it now.

You misunderstand what I meant Laurie, yes there are many albergues and most of them are more than adequate but very small. It is the old story about the chicken and the egg. Someone would have to find other lodging - if available - if more than 4 pilgrims showed up at any given time.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.