• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Roncesvalles to Somport

beiramar

Time of past OR future Camino
Caminho Português, Camino del Norte, Fisterra,
I'm planning to walk from Roncesvalles to Somport in June and I'm wondering if anyone here has experiences with this route?

While I'm aware that it "doesn't count" as a pilgrimage since it has no name and no albergues, it still seems like an amazing walk.

For a longer while I wanted to do a walk where "crossing the Pyrenees" doesn't take just one single day. I will consider to do the whole GR-11, GR-10 or HRP in September if I do like this first bit.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I don't know if there'll be a forum member with personal experience on the route you plan to make but I'm sure you'll find plenty of info and personal experiences about it online because Burguete (close to Roncesvalles) to Candanchú (next to Somport) is part of the GR-11 (aka Senda Pirenaica); a well-known hiking route among hikers.

Yes, the GR-11 is the trail I will walk on.

I was just curious if someone here had done it, since I'm very much anticipating this walk. I have the Cicerone guide book at home but it's always so much more interesting to hear other people's stories! :)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you for the links!
I'm reasonable at reading in Spanish, these days mostly menus in restaurants though ;)

Most read last week in this forum

For those who will walk something different , https://www.jejuolle.org/trail_en#/...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back