• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sello in Ferrol?

Sansthing

Time of past OR future Camino
French Camino (2009), French Camino (2011), Via de la Plata (2012), Camino Inglês (2014),
Hello,

I shall be walking the Camino Ingles from June 8th, a Wednesday. I know I need to get my first sello in Ferrol if I want to qualify for a Compostela. My problem is that I shall be arriving in Ferrol on the bus at about 13:30 and want to walk to Naron that same afternoon. I understand the tourist office in Ferrol only opens at weekends at that time of year, and since I won´t be staying in a hostal there I don´t know where else I can get my first sello. Even if the tourist office were open, I doubt I´d get there in time before it closed at 2pm for lunch! Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I had to settle for a sello from a bar; the tourist office did not open as advertised. Even tiendas are likely to have a stamp, though it may only be an envelope return address stamp.

Many thanks for your replies...it seems like I have plenty of options!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hello,

I shall be walking the Camino Ingles from June 8th, a Wednesday. I know I need to get my first sello in Ferrol if I want to qualify for a Compostela. My problem is that I shall be arriving in Ferrol on the bus at about 13:30 and want to walk to Naron that same afternoon. I understand the tourist office in Ferrol only opens at weekends at that time of year, and since I won´t be staying in a hostal there I don´t know where else I can get my first sello. Even if the tourist office were open, I doubt I´d get there in time before it closed at 2pm for lunch! Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you.
In mid-September the tourist office was open normal hours during the week.
Hello,

10-14h, 16-20h every day. I think!

Why not ask at the information counter in the Ferrol bus station for your first sello? If that fails try at any bar/resto/hotel in the town before you walk on towards Naron. Be sure that the stamp is also dated before you set off.

Good luck and Buen camino!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Thanks once again!

Hi, in April we set off from Ferrol before the tourist office opened but got a stamp from the port authority across the road. It was a nice official looking sellos too.
Buen Camino!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
HI @Sansthing there are 2 tourist offices in Ferrol. The one near the camino ingles marker at the port only opens on weekend. The one near plaza espana should be open on week days (Rúa Magdalena, 12, 15402 Ferrol, A Coruña, A Coruña, Spain). That's where i got mine. I walked down at the port only to find out that it was close another pilgrim told me to go to one in near plaza espana. I did have a photo of the marker thou.

Thanks for all the useful information...two days to go! :)

Last time I walked the turismo in Rua Magdalena was closed and there was a new one in, I think, it was plaza espana but I do not know if this is permanent because it looked a bit like a building for exhibitions and events.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi there. I’m thinking of spending around five to seven days walking the Ingles, and would be interested in getting some input. I’ve walked the Portuges from Porto to Santiago, before continuing...
So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Howdy folks I am looking forward to doing the St. James Way in England and considering continuing on with the es Camino INGLES. Can anyone share suggestion or have experience with transportation...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back