Search 69,459 Camino Questions

News on the Camiño de Inverno

peregrina2000

Staff member
I thought I'd start a thread where I (or anyone else of course) can post recent news items on the Camiño de Inverno (that's galego). With its recent designation as an official camino by the Xunta (the Galician regional government), things are likely to start moving a bit faster.

Here's an article from Lalín, the last town/city on the Invierno, about 5 km from where it merges with the Sanabrés at the albergue door in A Laxe.

If you don't read Spanish, the article describes how the municipal government of Lalín is planning to promote the Invierno with an organized walk in February, as well as comments about the possibility of a pilgrims' albergue in Lalín. That'd be great, Lalín is a nice little city.

http://www.farodevigo.es/portada-de...4/lalin-programa-ruta-21-febrero/1385222.html

(I should also credit Javier and his marvelous facebook page, "Más camino, menos compostela", which is my source for most of the news articles I see about the camino.)

buen camino, Laurie

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I thought I'd start a thread where I (or anyone else of course) can post recent news items on the Camiño de Inverno (that's galego). With its recent designation as an official camino by the Xunta (the Galician regional government), things are likely to start moving a bit faster.

Here's an article from Lalín, the last town/city on the Invierno, about 5 km from where it merges with the Sanabrés at the albergue door in A Laxe.

If you don't read Spanish, the article describes how the municipal government of Lalín is planning to promote the Invierno with an organized walk in February, as well as comments about the possibility of a pilgrims' albergue in Lalín. That'd be great, Lalín is a nice little city.

http://www.farodevigo.es/portada-de...4/lalin-programa-ruta-21-febrero/1385222.html

(I should also credit Javier and his marvelous facebook page, "Más camino, menos compostela", which is my source for most of the news articles I see about the camino.)

buen camino, Laurie

The link to the guide a the top of the page isn't working!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Yes, but the nice thing is that since it's a short 260 km, it doesn't require a major battle with the home crew, just a few pleas for a 10-14 day leave of absence.
Laurie... I've printed the fantastic document and have put on my thinking cap :). The rest will be easy ;) Thanks again. Buen Camino :) Caesar

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The Galician government has finally adopted a law establishing the Camino de Invierno as an official route. There were other announcements earlier, but they involved things like including the Invierno in an official plan -- this is the real deal. If you want government approval, you now have it!

http://www.abc.es/espana/galicia/ab...ido-camino-invierno-201604271043_noticia.html

And dear Asun (owner of the albergue in A Rua) is interviewed and points out that the facilities and infrastructure are lagging behind. Hopefully, there will be some investment, both public and private, but it's always such a delicate dance between having good infrastructure and not falling prey to total commercial exploitation.

why can i not download the guide to my tablet

Hola! I am in O Barco right now after my 2nd invierno day. Walked up from Santiago to Ponferrada on the Frances - meeting loads of pilgrims in the opposite direction :). So i am making kind of a weird circle. I checked the forum before arriving in Ponferrada & found the dogposts that i hadn't seen before & almost decided not to go, because the info freaked me out. (I once stopped on the primtivo on the 'northern variant' on the last days, because it was impossible for me to enter villages where five dogs were waiting for me at the entrance....). But i went to the pilgrim info in ponferrada & met this amazing Roger who was really good in talking me back into it. And up to now i really love it, although i have kind of an adrenaline raise at the villages because of dog fear. I take notes for the guide (which is really such a good piece of work: thanks Laurie!) & the dog situation (or isn't that necessary anymore?). Btw: this morning i had a stray dog following me for 8 kms from las medulas: such a sweetie. Heartbreaking to know he was abandoned & i felt very bad leaving him behind (asked a local to hold him for a bit, so i could go). I already took a dog from a hike in croatia back to amsterdam and i can not take one every year... I really like Spain and most people living in it, but i always see so much animal suffering.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back