• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Laundry facilities along the coastal route?

peghaz

Time of past OR future Camino
June (2016)
Hello, Our group of 7 will begin walking the coastal route from Porto to Santiago in two weeks. We wonder if there are laundromats available along the route or whether we should plan to wash our clothes by hand. Thanks!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hola @peghaz and Welcome to the Forum!

As I remember I did my laundry by hand and did not see laundromats nor washing machines anywhere. I was staying in the albergues if there were one. I walked the coastal twice in May and Sept, 2014.

While at the hotels you could ask them to do it.

Google search Self Service Laundry Lavaderia Lavandeira + name of the city. There are self service laundromats at least in Porto and in Vigo.

Bom caminho.

Hola @peghaz and Welcome to the Forum!

As I remember I did my laundry by hand and did not see laundromats nor washing machines anywhere. I was staying in the albergues if there were one. I walked the coastal twice in May and Sept, 2014.

While at the hotels you could ask them to do it.

Google search Self Service Laundry Lavaderia Lavandeira + name of the city. There are self service laundromats at least in Porto and in Vigo.

Bom caminho.
Thank you for responding. Knowing there is a laundromat in Vigo helps!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Vigo us a great city and easy to follow the signs through the whole city. While in the city you will walk through a park and in shade for seversl kilometers.
After Vigo the trail will be following the yellow arrows. Approaching Redondela is ok.
The municipal in Redondela is great and fills up fast! In that case some hundred meters up on the trail there is an albergue in a private home. A great place. Bookable.

Many albergues have washers and/or dryers, some times for free, others for a fee.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Oh, that's new for me! On the coastal Camino from Porto? Great news!
Oh, wait, I typed too fast. Coastal Portuguese... Vila do Conde has in albergue Santa Clara, the others I came across were on the central. My appologies.

Best programme to wash by hand, then should a washing machine turn up, 'make hay
while the sun shines'

Best programme to wash by hand, then should a washing machine turn up, 'make hay
while the sun shines'
So true. In fact the problem is much more drying than washing. There have been a few days I didn't do laundry on the Portuguese because no matter the Merino and/ or tech stuff would simply not have dried.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hello, Our group of 7 will begin walking the coastal route from Porto to Santiago in two weeks. We wonder if there are laundromats available along the route or whether we should plan to wash our clothes by hand. Thanks!
Hotel Chef Rivera in Padron. He owns a self-service laundromat across the street from the hotel. Hours 0900-2300. Fairly priced and very clean.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    797.8 KB · Views: 5

Most read last week in this forum

Doing research for my upcoming Camino, I want to connect from coastal to central in Caminha. According to JB the ecopista is pleasant along the river, but I notice Stingy Nomads recommend the...
Will be walking the CP in Aug/Sep with planning clearly focused to staying (for the most part) on the Litoral. However, (using Brierley's Guide) the stage from A Ramallosa to Vigo sets up quite a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back