• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Holy cow - I am out now for the 9th time

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
WOuld you girls mind posting a pic or twoof you both on route? Sounds like it’s going to be an adventure and a half ;) Super buen camino
Day 3. 28 km from the Parador de Tortosa to Benifallet. Downscaling from the Parador de Tortosa to the albergue in Benifallet (situated at an old estacio in Benifallet) sleeping out in a tent. No room inside snd we are expecting rain tomorrow. Oh well, that is the camino. We brought our sleeping bags and are not scared. No mantas available. We followed the Via Verda today - it is a bike/ walking way on old railroad tracks. On tarmac all day butvery pleasant! Buen camino a todos!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    455.7 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
image.jpegimage.jpeg Ps Pilgrims! We are downscaling - from Parador to a tent! LOL. In Benifallet.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
What fun girls (I hope) . Did you expext to do much tenting? I’ll have to print off a map of your route and follow along. Thanks so much for the pics,
Hi peregrinas.
Were you expecting a possibility of needing a tent on this Camino ?
Who came prepared with a tent or was this overflow accommodation in an alburgue.
Really mixing it up. Go girls.
Buen Camino.
Annie

I saw the answer to my question above on Peregrina2000's post. The tent was provided for you.
I've experienced similar on the Norte. Must admit eve a top bunk is a better sleep tho , lol. We didn't have anything soft underneath /only the sleeping bag.
Keep smiling.
Annie

We slept well in a rent - they had inflatable mattresses! It was not raining and about 10 degrees Celsius.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
image.jpeg image.jpeg Ruta del Ebro in Aragon. Easy to follow - there is a sign every now and then and always when you really need one.

The weather has been great - no rain yet which is great because IMO many of the trail and dirt roads would be muddy and sticky.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hola!
I needed some rest days to heal blisters so I took a bus to Zaragoza. So far so good! Staying at the Albergue La Posada de Comendador (also youth hostel).
I am leaving Ruta del Ebro for now but coming back to finish it later. The etapas are very long and cannot be made shorter so my blisters would not have any chance to heal properly.
This Is Life.

Ruta del Ebro has been wonderful so far with it's rice paddies for two days, walking along the irrigation canal for days, Via Verde following the old rail road on tarmac straight and no ups or downs but through the mountains in the tunnels with spectacular views, then the olive trees, almond, fig, fruit trees, very solitary and no shade!

The weather has been great - no rain yet!

But I will walk another camino now with possible shorter stages - don't know which one yet!

Train to Santiago tomorrow!

Waiting for Laurie now so we can solve her little problem!

I hope you heal well, Annie, that's bad luck.
There's certainly no shortage of possibilities--so you will find something!
Buen Camino, wherever you decide to walk.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hello all!

I am in Santiago now staying at the Roots and Boots. I went to get a sello in the brand-new international pilgrim's welcome center. And consulted the Alsa ticket booth. Sent also home the Ruta del Ebro guide book.

My new plan is to bus to Viana do Castelo in Portugal tomorrow and walk slowly stage by stage from there.

Been there seen it - first the Mass in English with blessing and the Botafumeiro at the noon mass today!

Got mucho Hiker's wool from Pilgrim Robin I will try tomorrow!

Well, life is good.
This Is Life.

Of course missing Laurie!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hello all!

I am in Santiago now staying at the Roots and Boots. I went to get a sello in the brand-new international pilgrim's welcome center. And consulted the Alsa ticket booth. Sent also home the Ruta del Ebro guide book.

My new plan is to bus to Viana do Castelo in Portugal tomorrow and walk slowly stage by stage from there.

Been there seen it - first the Mass in English with blessing and the Botafumeiro at the noon mass today!

Got mucho Hiker's wool from Pilgrim Robin I will try tomorrow!

Well, life is good.
This Is Life.

Of course missing Laurie!

Glad that you are feeling better!

Viana do Castelo is a very nice seaside town with a pilgrim albergue, S. João da Cruz dos Caminhos. However if you are searching for private accommodation, consider the Hotel Residencial Laranjeira, rua Candido dos Reis 45. It a charming newly furnished small place with a very good dining room. Just before Christmas 2014 a double room with private bath and delicious breakfast was 45 euros. Quite a bargain!

Bom Caminho!

Thank you for the information @mspath!
It depends on the weather - if it is raining maybe I will try the private accomodation.
I don't think the albergue had any heating.

Btw- I will try some Hiker's wool I got today from @Kialoa3!
Thank you all for your concern!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Annie, there's a very informative website completely devoted to biter management, care, and treatment. On my phone so can't look for the link but if you Google 'blister treatment Australia' it should come up. I learned about paper tape and lambswool there and here on the Forum. These together make blister-free Caminos possible for me. Before that it was a horrible experience of blisters between the toes.

Thank you @Viranani! I will check that out. Hiker's wool is I guess lambs wool.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thank you all for your concern!
After almost 3 wonderful days in Zaragoza I took a train to Santiago last Sunday (with a "complicated" change of train stations from
Atocha to Chamartin - it went well though).
Coming to Sdc feels almost like coming home.
Had breakfast with anniesantiago and met Robin, John, John and Stephen briefly!
So Tuesday I took a bus to Valenca - my intention was to bus to Viana do Castelo but Alsa doesn' t drive that way to Porto anymore. Arrived in Valenca at 11.55 and the next bus to Viana at 12.20.
Perfect.
My blisters are healing now and I walked 24 km on the Litoral from Viana to Ancora.
Don't want to push it too much!
I walked with a Polish peregrina and we really walked the oceanside paths with one river crossing barefoot!
Now resting in Ancora and walking about 20 km per day on paths I have not done before - maybe bussing but not after Vigo!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Wow, a change of scenery, that's for sure.
May you go easy and go well, Annie...
Buen (blister-free) Camino!

My fourth time in Portugal so I "know" my way here!
The secret is Hiker' s wool - got it in Sdc a friend.

I would love to see a picture of the forum's two most famous Annies meeting up!!

Glad you're doing well Annie. Miss you but I'm glad I have wifi for company at night now that you're gone!!

Take care Laurie!
How are your new boots?

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
The secret is Hiker' s wool - got it in Sdc a friend.

That hikers' wool is magic. It saved my feet when I had to walk 12 kms in wet boots with no socks. It is available in Europe from Germany.

Continued Buen Camino @anniethenurse, keep those feet cocooned - who knows what might emerge!

I am walking camino Portugues coastal (litoral as much as possible). From Viana do Castelo.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back