• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

For Sale/Wanted R.I.P. My wonderful shoes :((

Time of past OR future Camino
Yearly and Various 2014-2019
Via Monastica 2022
I love love love my Keen McKenzies. The perfect compromise between a shoe and a sandal. Two Caminos later and not a single blister of any consequence...but they've finally reached the end of the road.:(

I went online and (of course) they've been discontinued--and I even contacted Keen to see if they could be fixed. Of course not.
Then I googled them but no-one seems to have them in stock anymore (at least not any sites where I feel comfortable shopping).

So if you see them in stock anywhere online or offline I'd love to know about it--please send me a PM...surely there are still some on the planet, somewhere.
Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1840.JPG
    IMG_1840.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 70
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thanks, trecile! Well, when I bought these I tried on others that were similar--including some Chacos--but my feet are way too wide and the only ones that fit right were the Keens.
Beginning to think I'll have to find a new favorite, though....

I ordered 3 weeks after I got back from my Camino last year another pair of my Keen Marshalls that I loved. Now they have been discontinued too. But between the old pair and the new I can still cover 2 Camino's . After that.....looking for a new model :(

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I love love love my Keen McKenzies. The perfect compromise between a shoe and a sandal. Two Caminos later and not a single blister of any consequence...but they've finally reached the end of the road.:(

I went online and (of course) they've been discontinued--and I even contacted Keen to see if they could be fixed. Of course not.
Then I googled them but no-one seems to have them in stock anymore (at least not any sites where I feel comfortable shopping).

So if you see them in stock anywhere online or offline I'd love to know about it--please send me a PM...surely there are still some on the planet, somewhere.
Thanks!

I have had my Keen Targhee II mid-high boots resoled twice, after about 1,000 km of Camino use, by this firm: http://www.resole.com/

They are located in Virginia. Send them an e-mail to ask specifically if they can resole your favorite shoes / sandals. My boots were not listed. But when I asked them directly by e-mail. They said yes, and gave me instructions on how to send them the worn boots. Easy, peasy... They charge your credit card.

They use factory Keen fixings (cobbler term for parts) and the same heat and adhesive-based process to apply the new soles. My Keen boot were returned in the US mail with factory-new soles, and a new insole, for about two-thirds of what of new pair of boots would cost. The resoled boots function like new.

However, the BEST thing is that the vamp, or upper is all broken in and I do not have to suffer through a break-in period. Yippee:)

After four Caminos and two resoling operations by this firm, I donated my still-in-good condition boots, with new insoles, at the Pilgrim House on Rua Nova in April this year. Someone will need them more than me, and they still have several hundred km left in them. Plus, it saved me space and weight returning home.

Actually, I have a brand new pair of the identical boots in the closet. Keen provided them, free of charge. After my first Camino in 2013, I wrote them complaining that their heels should last more than only about 1,000 km (620 miles +/-). I included actual photos of the worn through heel condition. After one complete Camino Frances, the mid-layer fiber padding was coming through the heel material. They did not need to give me a new pair of boots, but they did. I am sold on Keen.

In addition to the Targhee mid-high boots, I also have a pair of Keen Arroyo II hiking shoes. They are ventilated like sandals, but have a full-heel counter. I need to use prescription orthotics on both feet, so the full-heel counter is better at holding the orthotics in place, as a shoe or boot might do. Plus, I am subject to developing serious callus on both heels. The fully closed-in heel also helps with this.

But these Keen shoes seem to be the best combination of sandal comfort and shoe stability, IMHO and for my personal needs. They are also machine washable. The point to be made about these hiking shoes / sandals, is that they appear to use the identical outer soles. So, when the time comes, I will seek resoling at the above firm if the upper / vamp is still useable.

If this source does not pan out for you, try a Google or Bing search for "hiking boot resoling."

I hope this helps.

Which size do you need. I will have a look for you in Germany. Can the color be different- I guess so.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Tom, great advice! I'll definitely try that if all else fails.
Giselle, thank you!!! I'm a US Women's 9, EU 39-40.
The shoe was the McKenzie Women's and I'd go for brown over any other color but that's not so important!

The shoe was the McKenzie Women's and I'd go for brown over any other color but that's not so important!

How glad I am I can help you! I found them! Please can you send a PN to me. I do not know right now how this works. The company has just single couples of shoes, but they have your size in brown.
It is a trusted shop and you can pay via your credit card.

The shoe was the McKenzie Women's and I'd go for brown over any other color but that's not so important![/QUOTE. I can help

Woooooowwww. This Forum--truly, it's amazing...full of Camino Angels!
Thank you everyone.
Right now especially you, Giselle.:) I just sent you a PM....

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Woooooowwww. This Forum--truly, it's amazing...full of Camino Angels!
Thank you everyone.
Right now especially you, Giselle.:) I just sent you a PM....

I am just a German pilgrim or peregina . I think not only at the Camino we should help each other if it is possible. No, I think we are on THE WAY and this every day. I got a lot of help in this wonderful forum reading bunches of postings. Thank you all.

Did you got my PM Viranani?

Yes, indeed, Giselle!
Wonderful, this forum! And all the angels in it.
Here's an update:
After a number of tips--they're available online in a few places in Europe, and one in Canada--I was frustrated by not being able to order. We live in a global village, but can't order online that way! But Giselle is helping, and hopefully I'll have a pair of these for my next Camino!
I just arrived in the place where I originally bought them 2 years ago and lo and behold they were still in stock. I got all excited... But. not. in. my. size.:(

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Gee, I just love it when a plan comes together...
Isn't it great, Tom?
This forum is more than a forum.
(I'm sorry that your good idea didn't pan out...they don't do this one! But I have a pair of Keen boots that will reach the end of their road one of these days--and now I know where to send them besides the rubbish dump, which is great!)

I bought Viranini`s new shoes in Germany and she will have the once she loves for her next Camino. Isn`t that great-I found them! We sorted everything out and I hope it works as we planned it. There have been your pair of shoes around the planet. You have been right Vianini!!!
Great day!

Obviously I quintuple-like this one!!!
Isn't it amazing?

I thought it was too bad that I couldn't directly order these, but actually this is much better. It's a win-win thing: I get my shoes (Giselle ordered some for herself too), and she gets the satisfaction of making that possible.

Meanwhile we all learned from Tom that we don't have to throw our boots out when the soles wear out, and I learned behind the scenes that Castilian knows more than just about trains and bus schedules.
I love this Forum. Thanks @ivar!

Just as an FYI, I recall that when I first ran a Google search for "hiking boot resoling" in mid-2013, after I wore out the first soles on my Keen Targhee II mid-high boots on the Camino Frances, my English language results included both UK and Canadian vendors of this service as well.

The point is that if you search Google in your country, you may find a vendor who resoles hiking boots using factory "findings" nearer to you. Also, if you are using the Forum as it is in English, but live in a country where English is NOT the first language, running a similar search with your search engine configured for your local language will produce more attuned results.

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

This makes Viranini smile :))) and me too :))) We are now over sea shoes-sisters :)))
sent today to the US

Attachments

• DSC_0181_klein.jpg
    DSC_0181_klein.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC_0182_klein.jpg
    DSC_0182_klein.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Gisele gets the Camino Angel of The Month award. And we have the same wonderful shoes now.
Doing a seriously happy dance over here, I can tell you!:):):) I'll be thinking of her on my Camino next year with so much gratitude.

And isn't the Camino Forum an amazement!? Ivar, you started something fantastic.
"Where pilgrims share"...yes, information...and shoes too.

No, no, no just happy we worked it out!
First pair of the shoes I found in Germany. They were a not available due a mistake in the internet shop.
Second pair you found in Denmark. Payment was just possible in Euro and no shipping to US. Now it was easy for me.
I bought them instead of Viranini -she sent the amount already for the first pair- and now mailed them today. I guess these pair has been the last one in this size in Europe and you found them!

Great to know I made you sooooooo happy! I got a lot of help and information in this wonderful forum - thank you Ivar - and thank you all.
And I met virtual now Viranini - which is a real pleasure for me.

Going out for a walk now in my old shoes...which are soon going to wherever shoes go when they die.
Indeed...it's such a pleasure to have the connections we have here!...a deep bow of thanks, Gisela--you are a Camino Angel, at least I think so.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
This makes Viranini smile :))) and me too :))) We are now over sea shoes-sisters :)))
sent today to the US
And received this morning!!!!!
Is it not wonderful?
I took them out for a walk and am very happy it all worked out so well--now it feels OK to start planning 2017's 'Camino retreat.'
Thank you, thank you, @Giselleontour!
Woo hoooo........
(@ivar, this is what the forum is for! Thanks go to you and all the mods and all the donors, too. My only complaint is that there is no 'happy dance' emoji.)

Attachments

• IMG_1875.JPG
    IMG_1875.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 14
I just came back and see this posting. How great is that! We could manage it! I am really happy that you got your favourite McKenzie`s now. We made the world coming close a little bit. (this should be the happy dance' emoji).

@Viranani, now you can look foreward to walk a blister free camino my shoe-sister. I will tell you about my experience.

Ultreia -

Giselleontour

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
At a time on the planet when it sometimes feels like everything is flying apart...this is proof that we are all deeply connected as human family!
I have a German shoe-sister...and we are all Camino brothers and sisters! Yeah, we sometimes have little fights, but this forum (and more importantly the Camino itself) make the world a smaller and more kindly place.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi! I'm traveling to Porto tomorrow and starting the Camino on the 19th, the problem is that I've just weighed my pack and it's 2 kilos more than it should be! Should I get rid of some stuff or...
My son has advised me to delete unnecessary apps, books, podcasts, downloaded videos etc from my iPhone. Saves up to 250gms. Great weight saving hack.
Hello all - thank you all so much for all of the guidance on what is not my only first camino but first hike over about 5 miles! I've headed a lot of advice about backpacks and trekking poles and...
While reading through one of the more recent water bottle vs. hydration bladder debates, I was reminded of something I came across a few weeks ago, bookmarked, and promptly forgot about until said...
I've stopped procrastinating and done my first pack. Was a bit nervous about being under 7kg hand luggage, but on the first try I've come to 5.9kg (13 pounds). (Not counting one set walking...
Hi there! I was on the fence about poles bc I've never used them and as mentioned previously, brand new to hiking. But because I'm in treatment for breast cancer and as such have a decent amount...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.