• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Santiago from Dublin...

cepirrwin

Time of past OR future Camino
Plan to short break to walk part of the Camino or possibly somewhere else in Europe
Hi guys, curious to know is theres any Irish guys here, looking into get to Santiago from Ireland, i take it my best bet is to go from Dublin, even if coming from the North? Am looking to get away 4/5 nights myself and have decided on doing the English Way, tho i guess thats for another thread, too..

Basically I can go Dublin to Santiago Air-lgus, and then get a bus direct from the airport to Ferrol, yea?

Any help or anyone point me in right direction, would be greatly appreciated, I have just started actively look into this evening, and am a nightmare at trying to organise or plan anything, many thanks in advance C.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi guys, curious to know is theres any Irish guys here, looking into get to Santiago from Ireland, i take it my best bet is to go from Dublin, even if coming from the North? Am looking to get away 4/5 nights myself and have decided on doing the English Way, tho i guess thats for another thread, too..

Basically I can go Dublin to Santiago Air-lgus, and then get a bus direct from the airport to Ferrol, yea?

Any help or anyone point me in right direction, would be greatly appreciated, I have just started actively look into this evening, and am a nightmare at trying to organise or plan anything, many thanks in advance C.

Hi, welcome☺
yes, i believe Dublin to Santiago with Air lingus is the easiest and best option, another airport close by is Vigo and then a 1.5/2hr bus journey to Santiago. Flights to Vigo with Ryan air from Dublin.

Then as already mentioned regular bus from airport to Santiago main bus terminal, from here regular buses to Ferrol with Monbus, you can check Monbus website for timetable.
If you stay in Ferrol i can recommend Hotel Almendra, i stayed there last year. There is no albergue de peregrinos in Ferrol itself.

i walked the Camino Ingles last year, i took 5 days to Santiago. I can also recommend Sigueiro Hostel in Sigueiro, they have hotel standard accommodation and also albergue.
The way is well marked, i went Ferrol- Pontedeume-Betanzos-Bruma-Sigueiro-Santiago.
There is a guide available on CSJ website also gronze.com is good for info.
I wish you a Buen Camino

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi @cepirrwin, I agree that the most straightforward way is to travel via Dublin (and return home the same way). The airport buses from Belfast make this a very easy option.

Another (wildcard) option is to fly from Belfast to Barcelona (Easyjet) and Barcelona to A Coruna. The early morning Barcelona departure from Belfast arrives in plenty of time for the 12.40pm departure to A Coruna. This will get you closer to Ferrol and you'll arrive there earlier in the day.

Happy planning!

Hi were from north of Ireland as well. Were planning our 4th for next year. We flew Dublin Santiago the first year and bused it to serria. Aerlingus. Last year flew Belfast one stop Birmingham on to Biarritz started in stjean port to Estella home by aerlingus to Dublin. This year Dublin Madrid there and back Ryanair. Next year will be the same as we found it great value for money with 4 from one home travelling. Buses are brill.

Thats right there will be no problems with that. have a great time, careful though it is adictive

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.

You're going to absolutely LOVE The English Way..... I did when I walked last year. There's a train from Santiago to Ferrol with a small change of trains mid-way. Gives u a bit of time to get a coffee and a snack. Its reasonably cheap too for a great train ride (not as expensive as in England... of course). Most importantly, bank on your Irish Luck and you're in for a fantastic time. Buen Camino, :) caesar

wow thanks everyone for the amazing response, yous all have me excited now.. I think bus down from Belfast yes, and return flight from Dublin to Santiago, train ride to Ferrol sounds great. I had been toying around with doing a stage of the French way, but my mind is made up, this first experience will hopefully set me in good stead for a possible return journey in the future.

Am just finding my way on the forum here, so much great content and using the search here is very helpful, loads of great info for a novice like myself, again thanks to everyone that commented, the positive input was very much appreciated :)

Most read last week in this forum

I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Hi - I've been waiting to book 2 June from Santiago dC to Madrid - finally the tickets are out! Funnily enough the luxury seats were cheaper than economy seats, so I took one.
I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
We are leaving May 4th for the Camino, starting in Ponferrada. I tried online to book the Correos Pac Monchila luggage transfer service and it provided a drop down list box of specific...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back