• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The excitement is on the rise.

trevorcc

Time of past OR future Camino
SJPD to Santiago 2013,2014, Camino de Levante Sept. 2016, Frances March 2018, planning 2020
Well I am down to 55 days before I leave for Valencia and my feelings are the same as 2013, Nervous, Excited, Happy and a little scared but I know I must not have any expectations and after 2 previous Camino's I know that the Camino will look after me. I am starting to go over my pack and throw out the things that are not required.......just so happy to so near.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
That is so exciting. I am happy for you!

Buen Camino!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I know exactly what you mean! Buen Camino a Casa! SY
Thank you, I know it will be as I am at home walking the path to Santiago.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Me too! Just finally got round to gathering my things in my new :cool: backpack. It'll be my 3rd CF and my 5th pilgrimage and I am as excited - and scared - as if it was my 1st! :rolleyes::D

Hey Domigee, when are you walking? Do say 'Hi' when you see me snailing along... I have a green Osprey Exos with embroidery....! Will take a pic when I find my camera!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
@domigee

BTW many congratulations on your many Caminos and pilgrimages... I am impressed! :cool: About the embroidery, I wanted something that reflects me in my unique way!:p

Buen Camino!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Well I am down to 55 days before I leave for Valencia and my feelings are the same as 2013, Nervous, Excited, Happy and a little scared but I know I must not have any expectations and after 2 previous Camino's I know that the Camino will look after me. I am starting to go over my pack and throw out the things that are not required.......just so happy to so near.

Hi, trevorcc,

How fitting is it that this is the first post I see as I log in from home, jet lagged and back in the US, after 6 weeks on the camino! One camino ends, another inches towards the starting line, it's a neverending cycle. One of our forum members, who was at Tertulia last week, had just finished the Levante and had an amazing camino. He's headed to Italy now for a few months, so I'm not sure if he will be logging in before you head out. But I will try to get in touch with him if you have questions that a recent peregrino could answer. I can tell you he met only one walker and four cyclists till he hit the Sanabres, but you are already ready for that.

Buen camino, Laurie

@domigee

Haha...! You will be more impressed with my heavy breathing and panting whilst going up and downhill...... and, trying hard not to swear in polite company! :eek:;);)

Hi, trevorcc,

How fitting is it that this is the first post I see as I log in from home, jet lagged and back in the US, after 6 weeks on the camino! One camino ends, another inches towards the starting line, it's a neverending cycle. One of our forum members, who was at Tertulia last week, had just finished the Levante and had an amazing camino. He's headed to Italy now for a few months, so I'm not sure if he will be logging in before you head out. But I will try to get in touch with him if you have questions that a recent peregrino could answer. I can tell you he met only one walker and four cyclists till he hit the Sanabres, but you are already ready for that.

Buen camino, Laurie
Hi Laurie, so good to hear from you, well each day it inches closer, I will be reporting each day if possible on my facebook with pictures, so if you use it I am down as Trevor Cowan-Clark. I hope my photos bring back some great memories for you as I will be heading down to Portugal after Santiago do the walk out as I have 3 months. Thanks for your warm regards.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Have a great walk! I am about to embark on my Camino Frances from SJPDP .... feeling a bit apprehensive :eek:

Buen Camino
Just smile and go with the flow, don't forget to stop and look back and say to yourself Wooo I just walked that as the view back sometimes is more impressive than the hill forward. Buen Camino.

Anyone out there walking the Levante, keep an eye out for this Old fella stop have a chat, a laugh and if you see me sitting on a rock crying its okay I am so happy to be able to do it, the only weight I carry is my memories of friends. Oh my pack is an Osprey Talon 44.

Wishing you a wonderful Camino, can't wait to hear about it!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Good man Trevor..it's 50 days before I start my Camino Finisterre and I can feel the excitement kick in already. I can't believe it's nearly 2 years since we had that great meal in St Jean before the start of our Caminos in 2014.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Good man Trevor..it's 50 days before I start my Camino Finisterre and I can feel the excitement kick in already. I can't believe it's nearly 2 years since we had that great meal in St Jean before the start of our Caminos in 2014.
Two years of planning my next trip (2016) also a I had the trip paddling down the Murray river here in Oz 500k,s but that was to hold me over till this year and the Levante followed by the Portugesse. I hope you are well and maybe we will cross paths again on another camino

Two years of planning my next trip (2016) also a I had the trip paddling down the Murray river here in Oz 500k,s but that was to hold me over till this year and the Levante followed by the Portugesse. I hope you are well and maybe we will cross paths again on another camino

I have no doubt our paths will cross at some stage. :)

Nice,

But have you decided if you will go on to the Sanabrés or reach the Camino Francés? Or something else?

/BP

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Woke up this morning and as I sat on the bed edge the first thing I saw was my backpack in the early morning light that I had packed last night with my old friends my walking poles and for a brief moment, I was already on the Camino. It took me a few seconds to remember where I was and then went to the kitchen to make Jane a cup of coffee. As I fly out in 3 days I felt sad to be leaving my best friend for three months but it she who supports me and knows the love I have walking the Camino even though she does not understand it fully, Someday, somewhere, you said hello,
And walked into my life
Painted all my world in blue,
Made my life a dream come true. Thanks now its off to meet new friends .

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back