• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Lost property help appeal - O Pedrouzo to London

notion900

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
>
I was staying at albergue O Trisquel in O Pedrouzo on Friday night (22 July) and somehow my whole toiletries bag was accidentally taken by someone else and I could not find it, even with the help of several people looking all over the albergue late at night. I think someone mistook it for theirs and left it in another dormitory, as it had been found by the next afternoon when I phoned up, but of course I was in Santiago by then. I even went back specially for it on my way to the airport on Sunday morning, but reception was closed.

It might sound trivial, but when I added up all the things in it that would need to be replaced, it came to well over £100, and contained a whole lot of personal small stuff that I had put together over time, which suits me very well and would be just so expensive and time consuming to buy again. The albergue have now kindly agreed to keep it for the time being but it has to be collected when reception is open (12 noon to 8pm).

So I am making an appeal - is there anyone who is staying in O Pedrouzo over the next couple of weeks who lives in London who could bring it back for me? You would need to be planning to check-in your luggage on flying home, as there are manicure items in my bag which can't go in hand luggage. It is really small and light. There are no unlabelled medicines or dodgy items in there and O Trisquel can verify that I am genuine (I can forward you their email and my ID details and scan of credencial if you want). I can collect it any time from anywhere in or near London.

Really hoping someone can help! Thanks so much and Buen Camino for your walk into Santiago.

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I was staying at albergue O Trisquel in O Pedrouzo on Friday night (22 July) and somehow my whole toiletries bag was accidentally taken by someone else and I could not find it, even with the help of several people looking all over the albergue late at night. I think someone mistook it for theirs and left it in another dormitory, as it had been found by the next afternoon when I phoned up, but of course I was in Santiago by then. I even went back specially for it on my way to the airport on Sunday morning, but reception was closed.

It might sound trivial, but when I added up all the things in it that would need to be replaced, it came to well over £100, and contained a whole lot of personal small stuff that I had put together over time, which suits me very well and would be just so expensive and time consuming to buy again. The albergue have now kindly agreed to keep it for the time being but it has to be collected when reception is open (12 noon to 8pm).

So I am making an appeal - is there anyone who is staying in O Pedrouzo over the next couple of weeks who lives in London who could bring it back for me? You would need to be planning to check-in your luggage on flying home, as there are manicure items in my bag which can't go in hand luggage. It is really small and light. There are no unlabelled medicines or dodgy items in there and O Trisquel can verify that I am genuine (I can forward you their email and my ID details if you want). I can collect it any time from anywhere in or near London.

Really hoping someone can help! Thanks so much and Buen Camino for your walk into Santiago.

Hello notion900. I am sorry you lost your toiletries bag. I wish I could help, I am from Brighton and I am walking the Camino again soon, but won't get to O'Pedrouzo until around 5th October. I hope someone else can help you!

Davey

Thanks Davey - they haven't put a limit on how long they will hold it, they said "Nosotros guardaremos su bolso negro el tiempo due necessite" which is nice of them. If no-one can fetch it until then, I will get back to you.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
@notion900 I am reluctant to get into a discussion here, but I would trust you! And would bring your bag. But sadly I live in Ireland and will not be Santiago way again until next year......

Its not so much trust, I am happy bringing it back if nobody else can before. It's a toiletry bag. What can you hide in that and where? Its good to be careful but come on. Its easy to check too, not that I'm worried. However, if it was full of diamonds.......

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

So I am making an appeal - is there anyone who is staying in O Pedrouzo over the next couple of weeks who lives in London who could bring it back for me? You would need to be planning to check-in your luggage on flying home, as there are manicure items in my bag which can't go in hand luggage. It is really small and light. There are no unlabelled medicines or dodgy items in there and O Trisquel can verify that I am genuine (I can forward you their email and my ID details and scan of credencial if you want). I can collect it any time from anywhere in or near London.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Hi Pat and Colin here friends of Roger. We live near Pedrouzo so if you are stuck we could collect your bag and post it to you. Pat will be going to London in October but only taking hand luggage. Postage wise if it weighs under a kilo it wont cost too much but over a kilo it will cost over 20 Euros. My email is patnovak52@yahoo.com

Thanks SO much! I have sent you an email :)

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back