• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Hoka One One's on El Camino!

Duey0074

Time of past OR future Camino
I plan to walk in july (2015)
Hi guys! I am 17 and am booked to begin walking el camino July 1st! I am between two shoes at the moment an cannot decide which to use. One is a Salomon Mountain Trail shoe that is very stiff and breathable for the hot summer. The other is the Hoka One One Stinson ATR which is an extremely cushioned shoe with a large surface area meant for walking long distances in comfort… Thoughts?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi guys! I am 17 and am booked to begin walking el camino July 1st! I am between two shoes at the moment an cannot decide which to use. One is a Salomon Mountain Trail shoe that is very stiff and breathable for the hot summer. The other is the Hoka One One Stinson ATR which is an extremely cushioned shoe with a large surface area meant for walking long distances in comfort… Thoughts?
Hi Duey, I have been training with the Hoka and Injinji sock - It's great! I am not as tired as when I used the other brand including the Brooks.

Everyone in my group starting June 25 in SJPP will be wearing Hoka ATRs with Keen sandals for backup. Can't imagine doing it with anything else.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I wore HOKAs for my second Camino (I did the "full" (whatever that is...) Norte and the Inglais in them. I wore the Stinsons.
I had not one foot blemish. I walked all kinds of weather , rain, hot sun etc... and walked long days (one in excess of 50km). I loved my Hokas. While my first Camino (in Brooks) was a good one there was a huge difference in my feet between the two Caminos.

I wore HOKAs for my second Camino (I did the "full" (whatever that is...) Norte and the Inglais in them. I wore the Stinsons.
I had not one foot blemish. I walked all kinds of weather , rain, hot sun etc... and walked long days (one in excess of 50km). I loved my Hokas. While my first Camino (in Brooks) was a good one there was a huge difference in my feet between the two Caminos.
Did you have any problems with wear on the Hokas?

I
Did you have any problems with wear on the Hokas?
I am two days away from Santiago. The ATR have performed very well, but the knobs of the sole have worn down to nothing in some areas. If you are going during wet weather, you may end up needing to replace them with Salmons in Leon.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I

I am two days away from Santiago. The ATR have performed very well, but the knobs of the sole have worn down to nothing in some areas. If you are going during wet weather, you may end up needing to replace them with Salmons in Leon.
Why do think they will wear more in wet weather.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Start with a brand new pair of Hoka's once you know that they work well during training.

Tried the latest version of the Stimsons (the ones I just bought must be last years model they were on closeout at REI but said 2015 model). The ones at REI that I tried are much wider and appear to be longer than the older version and come with just laces not the laceless type. And for me were much more comfortable and take an orthodic much easier than the earlier version.

I tried the Hoka Stinson ATR's today, they come with a separate thin insole that you can use in place of the full insole for more volume for those with wide feet or need more volume and you can also stack them underneath the full insole for those with narrow feet or reduce the volume.
I wore them around the store for about 30 min with the thin insole, (wide feet) if they were just a tad wider, I would have bought them in a heartbeat, they were on sale for $139.99 with an additional 20% off and no sales tax. (military base exchange) Come on Hoka, make a wide Stinson ATR and you'll have a customer for life!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I'm starting in SJPP the first week of September. I'm taking a brand new pair of the HOKA Mafate 4's (trail shoes) and a pair of HOKA Bondi 4's (road shoes). Plan to switch back and forth along with sock changes. Can't wait! !! HOKA rocks!!! Sure hope Decker take over doesn't mess HOKA's up.

I loved the original Hoka Stinson. It sported a wide toe box and it cupped my heel, keeping my foot in place. With the design change in 2014, the shoe didn't work for me. Hoka now has a waterproof hiking boot with a Vibram sole- low rise and high rise-for men and women. The low rise is only available at REI. I purchased the high rise and love them even though they don't cup my heel the way my original Stinsons did.

I ditched my Keen boots for a pair of Hoka low cut boots and can't believe the difference in comfort. I believe Hoka boots just were introduced a few months ago so I haven't been able to find anyone who has worn them, but for my training they have been awesome. They are my shoe of choice for my Camino.....starting from SJPdP on Sept. 5.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I used the hoka Stinson model on my last camino. Now I really want the boots. Thanks for the info it is the 1st I heard of them!

I ditched my Keen boots for a pair of Hoka low cut boots and can't believe the difference in comfort. I believe Hoka boots just were introduced a few months ago so I haven't been able to find anyone who has worn them, but for my training they have been awesome. They are my shoe of choice for my Camino.....starting from SJPdP on Sept. 5.

Hi Susan

Hope you had a wonderful journey in September. I am going September this year :) How did your Hoka boots go on your Camino? Any thoughts you could share on your experience?

Thank you!

HOKA Stinsons are on sale at REI....huge sale...right now!
I just bought 6 pair (for myself and five of my kids), we are leaving in two weeks.
I am pretty sure I have bragged about my Hoka Stinsons on the Camino here before, but they did so much
better for me (different people have different experiences) than my Brooks.
anyway....REI has them down from $160 to $120 right now.

€83,-

wear shoes that fit.

Back