• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Just got home after finishing the Camino Frances

Stephen Tran

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances June - July 18th, 2016
Hi everyone! First off a big thanks to everyone that chimed in on the numerous threads I made before leaving. I laugh thinking about the pilgrims worrying about the same things, spending hours on the computer just researching the camino over and over again like I did.

This entire journey was amazing, from St Jean to Finisterre to Muxia. That's all I wanted to say, I don't think I've processed the entire journey yet, but everything, every place and everyone I met is forever in my heart. For you future pilgrims reading this, a buen camino to you and ultreia if I see you on the next trail. :)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Stephen, I'm pleased you had an unforgettable journey, now it's time to start planning the next one. Like you I've only completed the one camino, more in the planning, but I know that no two camino's will be the same. I'm in the process of planning the Ingles with my wife and the VdlP on my own,, not going yet but I'm already getting excited.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Well done Stephen and welcome home!

For you future pilgrims reading this, a buen camino to you and ultreia if I see you on the next trail. :)
Can't help laughing; Welcome to the club of repeat pilgrims. Seriously: I am very happy you have completeted your first camino. To use Arnold Schwartsenegger's words: I'll be back! One more time (or whatever...)

Thanks so much for fueling my already super excited fire! I'm off for my first Camino in September.
Buen camino Caesar

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Congratulations on a journey well travelled Stephen!

Be warned! As so many pilgrims will tell you, there is just something about the Camino that lingers long after the walking stops...

And what a lesson to remind us all to walk more and worry less.

May your future travels and Caminos go well.

Lovely post Stephen, congratulations. Although it may be a while before you feel like really you're home, simply because for so many, the Camino magically felt like home. IP

A lovely post Stephan....The Camino really does 'get under your skin', 'inside your psyche' and 'into your blood'. Welcome home and may you experience many more Caminos as you travel through life. Camino Hugs to you.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
welcome back! It is interesting the things we worry about before we go right? Glad you had a great experience too.

Hi everyone! First off a big thanks to everyone that chimed in on the numerous threads I made before leaving. I laugh thinking about the pilgrims worrying about the same things, spending hours on the computer just researching the camino over and over again like I did.

This entire journey was amazing, from St Jean to Finisterre to Muxia. That's all I wanted to say, I don't think I've processed the entire journey yet, but everything, every place and everyone I met is forever in my heart. For you future pilgrims reading this, a buen camino to you and ultreia if I see you on the next trail. :)

You made me smile! Thanks! I cannot believe that I am 4 weeks away from threading your footsteps... I stopped getting to worked up on gears ounce I found my pack and footwear... I stopped reading about best places for this... best places for that... I know in my heart that it will be ALL perfect. This forum has shown me that it is a lot about the beautiful Soul who journey there. The most difficult thing might be to be in large cities as I live surrounded by wilderness, if it gets too much i could get off track on the Camino Vadiniense depending if I make friends desiring the same (I would not walk it alone)... Oh to dream!!!
Ultreya to you as well!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back