• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Amazing Camino Ingles

donalomahony

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
"Camino from 2013 to 2019" paused for now...
On the CI from Ferrol at the moment -it's a great Camino ( even despite the curent wave of pilgrims - Sports Halls open).

Sun, sea, tidal rivers, Celtic countryside and Gallician lane ways... And a breeze!!

Not easy, I arrived here (Bruma today) after 2 weeks on the CF and found today's uphill hard after 14 days walking.

Donal

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I want to finnish in Santiago, but do not want to walk the Frances again so I was thinking to walk the Ingles after serving at San Anton from 1 - 14 September 2016 as hospitalera. Still gathering some info about the route and the availability of accommodation in middle September.

John, the guidebook is great. I will come back to you with 1 clarification.

Bruma is wonderful and the new restaurant is excellent with reasonable prices.

I could not get accommodation in Siguriro today. Albergues booked out. 2 ladies in the town made phone calls but all the small hotels were busy.

Walked on into Santiago c39k.

There are 2 groups that are filling out the Albergues on the Inglese, in the case of the Spanish group (great young people) they end up in the Sportshall with a few others others, in the case of another group (not Spanish) a car is judiciously used!! Ah the Camino...

First time in the new pilgrims office. Well organized and more important very welcoming.

Donal

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I could not get accommodation in Siguriro today. Albergues booked out. 2 ladies in the town made phone calls but all the small hotels were busy.
Walked on into Santiago c39k.
Donal

Congratulations on reaching Santiago. I did the same last year - walked the 39kms from Bruma to Santiago. It wasn't too bad, but the last few kms were pretty tedious!

On the CI from Ferrol at the moment -it's a great Camino ( even despite the curent wave of pilgrims - Sports Halls open).

Sun, sea, tidal rivers, Celtic countryside and Gallician lane ways... And a breeze!!

Not easy, I arrived here (Bruma today) after 2 weeks on the CF and found today's uphill hard after 14 days walking.

Donal
sounds like you could be walking at home;) hope to hear more when you get back,

Congrats on getting there. I stayed in a private albergue in Sigüero which was basically someone's granny's apartment that they had inherited. It was grand. One of the guys I was walking with spotted the ad for it on a tree somewhere after Bruma.
Wish I was back there now!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Donal,

Great to hear you are enjoying this particular Camino, and that you are finding ways of getting it finished! 39k seems like one heck of a day on the trail though!

After walking from SJPdP to Burgos in May (will be completing the rest with a friend over the next 2 years) I just couldn't wait to get going again, so starting my Ingles on 7 September - a bit of a top-up :p. Hoping for a few fellow pilgrims but not so many I can't find anywhere to sleep!

Buen Camino Spammy!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I walked the Ingles the first week of July this year and had no problem with accommodation. Its a wonderful walk and thoroughly recommend it.

Oh my, a crowded CI! Mine in 2014 was not at all, in September. I had a wonderful time. I am glad to hear about the new restaurant in Bruma. We had our food delivered to the single albergue there. I'd love to know more about it. Here is my story, for those who are interested in my experience on the Ingles! http://www.pilgrimagetraveler.com/camino-ingles.html

Oh my, a crowded CI! Mine in 2014 was not at all, in September. I had a wonderful time. I am glad to hear about the new restaurant in Bruma. We had our food delivered to the single albergue there. I'd love to know more about it. Here is my story, for those who are interested in my experience on the Ingles! http://www.pilgrimagetraveler.com/camino-ingles.html

hi. times must be changing.walked C I late 2114 walked solo to santiago met no one then on to finisterre met four pilgrims all the way.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
It was busy when I walked early September last year. When I walked it in 2012 there were only a handful at Bruma and just two girls each day before that.

Hi Donal,

Great to hear you are enjoying this particular Camino, and that you are finding ways of getting it finished! 39k seems like one heck of a day on the trail though!

I am thinking of staying the camino Inglese on Setoenbet 30. I am looking for a guidebook or an app to use

Any suggestions?

Donal
esr on Sept 30

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Donal

Donal:

Trying my reply to you again. I am seriously considering walking the Camino Inglese in 2 weeks. Did you have a guidebook or an app on your phone?

I walked the Frances in August 2015

I might not be @donalomahony but if you have a look at my post just above yours you will notice the link to a free guidebook to the Camino Ingles that is available for download here on the forum. It is 'just off the press', so it should be pretty up to date. Buen Camino, SY

One small correction, it is listed as 'donativo' - not 'free' - for download which will run on a phone, or available as a paper copy for thse who still prefer paper. Great guide and well worth having

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
One small correction, it is listed as 'donativo' - not 'free' - for download which will run on a phone, or available as a paper copy for thse who still prefer paper. Great guide and well worth having

Thanks for the correction @Tia Valeria Your are right! Buen Camino, SY

Hi all, the CI is really well marked. I used the Guidebook as above (on my phone), but it's not really necessary. There is a good restaurant in Bruma. No shops.

I ordered the paper copy of the guide, and had it with me for perusal when I was walking, but it was more useful for knowing distances to accommodation / fuentes / shops / bars rather than for guidance, although there is one stretch of around 4km on the way in to Sigueiro where you follow the straight road, which goes over several roads crossing the main route where there are no signs, but once I'd checked the guide and it said to follow the road straight ahead, then it was easy enough to follow. Also got slightly lost getting out of Ferrol, but the bonus was that I did get an unusual sello at a little sanctuario off the camino itself, where I asked the gentleman who was cleaning for directions!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
My wife and I are planning the Ingles starting the day after Easter Sunday 2018, I know it's a long way off but I'm still excited.

Just noticed you're very near to departure. Buen Camino to you both!

Sorry silly me, just noticed your post says Easter 2018! Still it's getting closer everyday!

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.