• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

36 days, 5 hours and 29 minutes...

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Oh my goodness, the time is getting so close now. As the title tells you I have 36 days, 5 hours and 29 minutes before I fly to Bilbao to start my first ever Camino :) I can't wait! I have never felt something so strong call my soul.

Is anyone else starting the Camino Del Norte soon?
hi Kimberly,
I am starting from Irun on the 20th of August. Excited, nervous, training,smiling, and just reading this forum when I can:)

That's great. We may bump into each other. What kind of training are you doing? I'm struggling to get out for walks so doing a lot of gym training particular focus on legs and back. And putting a little meat on my bones as I'm a vegan and I don't know how much I will be able to eat out there :)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
That's great. We may bump into each other. What kind of training are you doing? I'm struggling to get out for walks so doing a lot of gym training particular focus on legs and back. And putting a little meat on my bones as I'm a vegan and I don't know how much I will be able to eat out there :)
I am trying to walk some evryday, minimum 3 miles, I do two 5-6 miles a week and on weekend I am building my long walks up to 20 miles by the time I leave. I am at 12 miles on one day then 4to 5 the other day. Trying to get my body used to it.

I have read some threads about Vegan fare along the way and you should be good.
I do hope to bump into you. I am on my own as well and looking forward to the adventure!

I'm on my own too :) I think it's best to be done that way. Can I ask your reason for doing the walk? Please tell me to mind my own if it's too personal :) !!

I'm on my own too :) I think it's best to be done that way. Can I ask your reason for doing the walk? Please tell me to mind my own if it's too personal :) !!

I do not mind sharing at all. I am turning 50 years old in October and for each of my major birthdays I have done something, 40th - ran a marathon, 45th -3 half marathons. Life takes over and I have felt that at this time in my life I need a mind , body, spirit renewal.
I saw the movie "The Way" years ago and it spoke to me. I have met several people over the last few yearswhom have done part or all of it and have heard about how it has effected them and so it is ticking all the boxes for me.
The adventure of a life time, I am so excited to do nothing but walk, reflect and meet wonderful people along the way. I am going with an open mind and no expectations.
How about you?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Oh my God this is so exciting. You sound awesome, I do so hope to meet you along the way.

I have known about the walk since I read The Pilgrimage by Paulo Coelho and I have always felt drawn to the way but never thought I would do it. Then things have fallen into place this year, kind of by accident and it's happening. I've recently gone through a very big awakening recently and I'm looking forward to being alone, just walking, no phone calls. Just nature and me exactly as God intended :) I'm looking forward to living in the present moment and meeting such wonderful people and trusting in what each day has to offer.

Isn't it great how life provides us a way to what we need if we just let it?
The things that fell into place for me to do this are amazing, it has been part of my journey already!
I hope your training goes well and we get a chance to meet or share!!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Oh my goodness, the time is getting so close now. As the title tells you I have 36 days, 5 hours and 29 minutes before I fly to Bilbao to start my first ever Camino :) I can't wait! I have never felt something so strong call my soul.

Hi Kimberley, I'm in about 9 months. ;):)
Wish you a wonderful journey and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Dear del Norte folks, beautiful trip, did it last year. For training, the issue is elevation more than distance, so climb a lot of stairs or hills, especially with a pack on; focus on balance and upper body strength. Your joints and feet will be glad...

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Kimberely, I sooooooooooooooooo envy your excitement !!! Gosh, I can imagine how it feels. You're going to have a life-changing experience. Love every moment of it. May the Holy Spirit guide your steps. Buen Camino, :), Caesar

Oh my God this is so exciting. You sound awesome, I do so hope to meet you along the way.

I have known about the walk since I read The Pilgrimage by Paulo Coelho and I have always felt drawn to the way but never thought I would do it. Then things have fallen into place this year, kind of by accident and it's happening. I've recently gone through a very big awakening recently and I'm looking forward to being alone, just walking, no phone calls. Just nature and me exactly as God intended :) I'm looking forward to living in the present moment and meeting such wonderful people and trusting in what each day has to offer.
Kimberley, I've read the book too... and like you... found it by accident at my dentist's clinic!!! The book isn't even close to half of the real truth. You will see it. Be blessed. You will meet fantastic people and draw a lot of hope as you go along. Buen Camino, :) Caesar

I totally understand the excitement. I leave Sunday and will start walking from Irun on Aug 3rd. I walked the Camino Frances 3 years ago and it was an amazing experience. I am so excited for you! I hope your walk is filled with great experiences!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Hi Kimberley - I will be flying into Barcelona Sept 7 and plan to start from Bilbao on the 9th. Are you starting in Bilbao or Irun? Maybe we will run into each other. Kathi

Yes Kimberly, my friend and I are planning on starting September from Zarrutz. I only got to there last year as my friend could not walk any longer. Planning on being on at least 10 days. Buen camino. Let's keep in touch.

Hey Kimberley, I'm starting out on Irun on the 7th September also do the Norte / Primitivo, so will be a little behind you, but am sure to feel your spirit in the air! I can't exactly explain the reasons for doing it... although after 40 years of work, I'm feeling a little tired and have this idea that the Camino will re-invigorate me. No expectations, just soooooooooo very excited at the prospect of getting out there and just doing it!

What tipped the balance in selecting this route was reading Jean Christophe Rufin's 'The Santiago Pilgrimage'. He walked it for its relative peace and solitude and I loved his slant on it and his understanding, nothing grandiose, covering both the bad and the good of his trip.

The very best of luck with your Camino Kimberley.... Not long to go now!

Pete

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Kimberley - I will be flying into Barcelona Sept 7 and plan to start from Bilbao on the 9th. Are you starting in Bilbao or Irun? Maybe we will run into each other. Kathi
Starting in Bilboa...I so hope to see you on the path. Just over a week to go. Buen Camino :)

Hey Kimberley, I'm starting out on Irun on the 7th September also do the Norte / Primitivo, so will be a little behind you, but am sure to feel your spirit in the air! I can't exactly explain the reasons for doing it... although after 40 years of work, I'm feeling a little tired and have this idea that the Camino will re-invigorate me. No expectations, just soooooooooo very excited at the prospect of getting out there and just doing it!

What tipped the balance in selecting this route was reading Jean Christophe Rufin's 'The Santiago Pilgrimage'. He walked it for its relative peace and solitude and I loved his slant on it and his understanding, nothing grandiose, covering both the bad and the good of his trip.

The very best of luck with your Camino Kimberley.... Not long to go now!

Pete
Thank you for your post Pete, this brought tears to my eyes. It's so wonderful to be chatting to such like minded people.

Buen Camino and God Bless you :)

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back