• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking may 2017

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Sounds good hope to make start on this walk about 10 but open to other dates. I walked with a friend last year but alone this time. Has your mum walked Comino before?

Hi Queenslander
I am planning late April from Porto next year (28th ?) so maybe won't cross paths.
from gold Coast

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Queenslander
I am planning late April from Porto next year (28th ?) so maybe won't cross paths.
from gold Coast
Might be walking about then due to date change to meet up with a friend I met on Comino France last year. Can't book anyway till end of July so will keep things open till then. Now just gotta find all my walking gear. Again.

Hi anyone walking from Porto to Santiago May next year. Would love a walking buddy to mark a start on this walk. Did the Comino France last year and loved it. Travelling from Brisbane Australia.
Hi. !! We are walking on May 2017 too!! We did the primitivo 2015 so happy planning to walk the Portuguese next year where and when are you starting ??
Mayte

Hi anyone walking from Porto to Santiago May next year. Would love a walking buddy to mark a start on this walk. Did the Comino France last year and loved it. Travelling from Brisbane Australia.

Olá Janet,
in May you never walk alone. Maybe on your first day out of Porto you walk alone. But this never happened to me. May is a good month for walking and there are many pilgrims on the way, but not crowded at all.
I´m shure, you are going to meet nice pilgrims on your way.

Three years ago, the first day out of Porto, I met a pilgrim from Perth, a good friend of my cousin. Well, we walked the rest of the camino together.

Btw, if your first night will be in Angeiras, you´ll meet me there. I stay there for hospitaleiro.

Bom caminho, Rainer

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Buen Camino ! We are gonna start at the beginning of May ;-)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Dears, some of you finally decided to go Camino starting from April ? I am also going there :) Nice to hear if anyone will be there!

Dears, some of you finally decided to go Camino starting from April ? I am also going there :) Nice to hear if anyone will be there!
I am locked in for 24 may start at Porto meeting an English friend also so please if you would like companions as I would just to get started then keep in touch

I am locked in for 24 may start at Porto meeting an English friend also so please if you would like companions as I would just to get started then keep in touch
Hi Janet, great plan from Porto. I see there is about 230-240 KM, how many days are you planning to walk this distance?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Janet, great plan from Porto. I see there is about 230-240 KM, how many days are you planning to walk this distance?
I walked around 25km a day on Frances but I pushed myself some days and ended up walking 400km with tendinitis. Don't intend to do that this walk so I guess I will walk as much as I feel like each day. I have till 22 June to get it done but really want to get to finesterre on this walk.

I am planning on around the same period - so if you see a guy jogging around in t-shirt and shorts, that would probably be me :)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I am planning on around the same period - so if you see a guy jogging around in t-shirt and shorts, that would probably be me :)
Maybe he passes you in a flash as I read another post about him :D
From Lisbon to Santiago in 9 days. Even can't do that with my Ferrari :p

Weekend in Porto then starting out on Monday 24th April, so if anybody coincides and wants to meet up then great, always nice to share the excitement of the start.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back