• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Cafe and house albergue for sale. Want to Change your Life and live on the Camino?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Franko&Andrea

Time of past OR future Camino
2009, 2010, living in the Camino for 5 years.
This could be your chance! keep reading:

Hi everyone,
We have just found this great community and we think is the perfect way to spread the word.

My husband and I met on the Camino and walked it several times and absolutely love it, so we decided to live here. We have been living and working on the Camino for 5 years and we might have met some of you. It's been a great experience but for personal reasons we decided to move, and we are selling the property.

It's a fantastic opportunity. The property is located in BERCIANOS DEL REAL CAMINO, 10 km after Sahagún (province of León). In the middle of the route. First house as you enter the village. We have a cute COFFEE SHOP with garden and grass on the entrance. Some of you have told us that looks like an oasis. Please see the pictures attached.

Also in the property there is big house perfect to make an ALBERGUE. It's a GREAT LOCATION and you will be working everyday with pilgrims from all over the world.

The plot is 312 square meters, and includes: the coffee shop (with the toilets and storeroom) plus the house attached, together are 328 square meters. Also a big garden of 102 square meters. We will include all the appliances and equipment, all ready to start working. Also all the paperwork and the architect plans we have done. Our asking price is 125.000 euros.

We will love to sell it to someone that understands what Camino is, what being a pilgrim is like, someone that respects the pilgrims and gets the "journey" we go through.

Thank you for reading and if you know someone interested in this, please let them know.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, or arrange a visit.

Andrea & Franko
EMAIL: andreakadum@gmail.com; PHONE: (0034) 664873216.

PS.- I used to work in a lawyer's office and if you want I can explain you a little bit about the process of buying a property in Spain as a foreigner. Not difficult at all. As you can see, we speak English so we will be able to communicate easily.
IMG_20160805_114357502.jpg IMG_20160805_114244082.jpg bar fotos 010.jpg IMG_20160823_122744147_HDR.jpg IMG_20160820_114316473_HDR.jpg

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Looks like a great little place. Good luck to you.

Do they do tea in Spain then?

Oh Valerie, the concept of Tea in Spain is so exotic there is a chain of Tea Bars almost as exciting as was the ubiquitous and unmentionable (rhymes with trucks) when it got to the UK. Take some good teabags with you and strive to find milk that isn't UHT. You will be in a "...distant country; they do things differently there."

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I will be visiting you (again) in some 2-3 weeks from now. Will talk to you about this.

For 1st time pilgrims: This is a great stopping place for breakfast, 10 kms after Sahagun. Very good and honest, kind people, and their toast sandwich is great. Not to forget the icecold beer.:)

Last edited:

Hi everyone,
We have just found this great community and we think is the perfect way to spread the word.

My husband and I met on the Camino and walked it several times and absolutely love it, so we decided to live here. We have been living and working on the Camino for 5 years and we might have met some of you. It's been a great experience but for personal reasons we decided to move, and we are selling the property.

It's a fantastic opportunity. The property is located in BERCIANOS DEL REAL CAMINO, 10 km after Sahagún (province of León). In the middle of the route. First house as you enter the village. We have a cute COFFEE SHOP with garden and grass on the entrance. Some of you have told us that looks like an oasis. Please see the pictures attached.

Also in the property there is big house perfect to make an ALBERGUE. It's a GREAT LOCATION and you will be working everyday with pilgrims from all over the world.

The plot is 312 square meters, and includes: the coffee shop (with the toilets and storeroom) plus the house attached, together are 328 square meters. Also a big garden of 102 square meters. We will include all the appliances and equipment, all ready to start working. Also all the paperwork and the architect plans we have done. Our asking price is 125.000 euros.

We will love to sell it to someone that understands what Camino is, what being a pilgrim is like, someone that respects the pilgrims and gets the "journey" we go through.

Thank you for reading and if you know someone interested in this, please let them know.

Andrea & Franko

PS.- I used to work in a lawyer's office and if you want I can explain you a little bit about the process of buying a property in Spain as a foreigner. Not difficult at all. As you can see, we speak English so we will be able to communicate easily.
View attachment 28657 View attachment 28658 View attachment 28659 View attachment 28660 View attachment 28661
OH, Andrea & Franko..............:D:D:D

We have met in 2014 and again this year when I was passing through Bercianos. Boštjan from Slovenia here :)
So sad you've decided to take that move but on the other hand I know the "problem" (Franko told me that) and therefore happy for you and wish you speedy sell.

Are you going to Alicante? Want to visit you someday when I'll be passing through there on Sanabres;)

All the best to you and Franko! Vidimo se!

BTW folks, that's just a great place. Very good energy those two people have put in their project. They could earn their living throughout the year with "just" the bar but they have a child... I won't say more. Andrea, if that's too much I would be glad to erase that info!!!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I will be visiting you (again) in some 2-3 weeks from now. Will talk to you about this.

For 1st time pilgrims: This is a great stopping place for breakfast, 10 kms after Sahagun. Very good and honest, kind people, and their toast sandwich is great. Not to forget the icecold beer.:)
No, Alex, by all means do not forget the beer;)
I stopped there twice (Franko is from Croatia and we both know some people from years ago) and neither of my stops was shorter than 3hrs..... :eek:
Nice though ;)

Owner financed? No credit check? No down payment? Low monthly payments?

If not, please hold it for me until I win the lottery.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I'm afraid that we might drink away the profits.

The property is located in BERCIANOS DEL REAL CAMINO, 10 km after Sahagún (province of León). In the middle of the route. First house as you enter the village. We have a cute COFFEE SHOP with garden and grass on the entrance. Some of you have told us that looks like an oasis. Please see the pictures attached.
Here it is on a map. You can use street view to explore.
https://mappingsupport.com/p/gmap4.php?ll=42.388138,-5.141369&z=17&t=h

Good luck.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Wasn't there a post a few months ago from a girl who met her partner on the Camino and wanted to open a bar or an albergue? I remember thinking about the lovely Bercianos couple when I read that post.

I hope that whoever buys this place doesn't make too many changes.

Hi everyone,

Andrea & Franko

View attachment 28657 View attachment 28658 View attachment 28659 View attachment 28660 View attachment 28661
Andrea, I enjoyed your hospitality on a rainy morning in early June 2015. Your cafe was a defining moment on my camino because it was there I realized I had a camino family. You probably don't remember this small conversation we had ... You were lamenting that Brierley did not list the Bercianos route as the primary camino. I pointed out that in the newest edition, which I had, he did list Bercianos as the primary one. You were so happy to learn about that change.
I wish you both the best. Your place is a delightful haven on the camino, and I hope you find new owners who will continue to foster a welcoming atmopshere.

I too enjoyed their hospitality - actually twice, the first time Andrea was pregnant. Perfect spot to stop, also if you get into Bercianos early and are planning on staying at the Albergue Parroquial.

Will be on the Francés again (Navarra) as of September to look around but the asking price in unfortunately not in my price range.

Good luck to you three!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I too enjoyed their hospitality - actually twice, the first time Andrea was pregnant. Perfect spot to stop, also if you get into Bercianos early and are planning on staying at the Albergue Parroquial.

Will be on the Francés again (Navarra) as of September to look around but the asking price in unfortunately not in my price range.

Good luck to you three!
What a lovely place and good luck to you.
Even if we could afford it, the problem would be that at the first sight of a pilgrims rucksack I'd be off and running to Santiago. Could not help myself I'm afraid!!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Hi everyone,

Andrea & Franko

I remember your albergue so well. It was part of a long hot day of almost 40kms of walking for me and you both were so kind giving my ice for my knee. It was clear you cared for your place on the canino and it's so lovely.
I've been home from my first Camino for two months now and every day I imagine the next one. I think you've added to my daily dreams of going there and staying and running the beautiful place you started.

When I stopped for a cold drink at your cafe, you very kindly let me use your computer so that I could send an email home - in the days before everyone carried an iPhone. I remember your kindness: you didn't have to do this!

I would love to talk to you seriously about the sale. The chances are, though, you will probably have sold it by the time I'm on the Camino again next May-June. I will follow this post, just in case.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
oh heck ..... so when I go walking I play fantasy Albergue (does anyone else do that)... Fantasy albergue is where you construct what in your view is the ultimate Albergue in terms of comfort and welcome. Anyhow I was thinking through where if I was to do it I would go and I remember my day to Bercianos. I stayed at the Albergue Santa Clara. Anyhow I was in my thoughts and thought to myself "well where needs a really really good Albergue" and Bercianos was where I thought and particularly in Winter and I remember the village being so poor yet the welcome was so kind. I remember arriving there and my feet hurting so badly and feeling like I was never going to get to Leon. If I was two years from retirement I'd jump at it but I think I want to have a couple of goes as a Hospitalero before I took on an Albergue... So hope you get a buyer soon ..... Ultreia !

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Do you have a link to this information that is not on the Forum? I would like to share this information with someone not on the forum? Thanks.

Hi everyone,

Andrea & Franko

This was an oh so welcome stop on a blistering Jume day 2 years ago. Good luck with the sale. Wish I could buy it

Last edited by a moderator:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
... If I was two years from retirement I'd jump at it but I think I want to have a couple of goes as a Hospitalero before I took on an Albergue..... Ultreia !

This would be a wise move but keep in mind that a 2 week stint as a volunteer - or for that matter several times - will not prepare you for a life as a full-time hospitalero. But you will know fast enough if you hate it!

I have volunteered 5 times and although I loved it, I feel that I need a long term hospitalero gig to be sure and possibly rent before I even think about buying.

Buen Camino and Ultreia!

I think what she means is a website url with details/photos what is on sale/how it looks/contact details etc. Buen Camino, SY

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Do they do tea in Spain then? Cracking! I've been wondering how I would survive without my morning cuppa!!
Yep. They have all sorts of teas and infusions and some places have their own blends and loose teas. You'll have to ask for milk. I learned to take mine black.

Do you have a link to this information that is not on the Forum? I would like to share this information with someone not on the forum? Thanks.
Sorry Louise, we don't have anything like that. If you know someone interested please tell them to contact us on the email: andreakadum@gmail.com for more details, pictures, etc.
thank you and sorry for any inconvenience

This looks fantastic!

Just an idea, which may or may not work for you - if you have any difficulty selling this, you could, as somebody suggested, raffle it. Recently I saw couple raffle a resort on a tropical island in Micronesia. It looked amazing, and they wanted to raffle it in order to give a chance to ordinary people to change their life... I believe that they ran a raffle with the condition that if they reached the predetermined selling price for the resort, the winner got the resort, if they did not reach the selling price, the winner got to keep all the money that they had raised by selling tickets... I believe that it was very successful. I'm sure that you would have people who are prepared to spend 50 euros or a similar amount, for a chance to realise the dream of living and working on the camino...

Just an idea, but not such a crazy one. Here is the web page for the island resort raffle: https://wintheislandestates.com/enter/

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I certainly would participate in such an albergue raffle! SY

Sounds like bargain! Good luck with the sale.

I saw that the small albergue in Cirauqui is for sale for 480 000 euros. (Maybe good for someone who likes to live next to the church bells - striking every 15 minutes al night long ;-) )

Hi everyone,

Andrea & Franko

I too remember this little place, my worst blister ever and I can still see the same chair where I sat. Loved the cool drink I had and the help on what to do next because I've never had blister like that before. Soldered on to Virgin De La Camino and spent two days visiting the Clinica there. If you're still there I'll see you in mid Oct. I would love to chat about the price.....

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Is it anywhere near El Burgo Ranero? If yes, I stopped there for a couple of hours and had to force myself to leave and continue my journey. Best wishes for your future plans.

Hey Andrea!

My name is Antonia and I walked the camino 2014 and fell in love with it as well. Since a while my big dream is to have an albergue on the Camino. And when I was reading your text I thought I would definitely get it when I just would be a bit older with a bit more money ;)

When I looked at the photos it just touched me very much. I was at your place! And drunk a peach juice :) it was my 20th birthday and I was pretty homesick this day. Before I passed the sign of Bercianos and made a photo, because I made the half of my way (I started from Pamplona) .

Funny fact number two: I met my boyfriend on the Camino as well :) in León.

I really wish right now I would be three, four years further in my life. It would fit so good! But I plan to walk the Camino more times, to study and to save money before I create my little dream on the Camino one day :)

Best regards from Indonesia, where I am traveling right now! And good luck with selling this wonderful place. It was pretty emotional for me :)

Lot of camino love!
Antonia

Is it anywhere near El Burgo Ranero? If yes, I stopped there for a couple of hours and had to force myself to leave and continue my journey. Best wishes for your future plans.
Yes it is. In fact it's the last village before El Burgo Ranero, approx.7,5km.

€46,-
Yep. They have all sorts of teas and infusions and some places have their own blends and loose teas. You'll have to ask for milk. I learned to take mine black.
All this talk of tea reminds me of 16 days I spent on safari--I sleepily poured a cup by the morning campfire and nearly choked: what?! What kind of weak bitter coffee is this?!? 8 days of tea-torture in Tanzania (with the Australians translating so the British and I could understand each other at dinner)...I was quite happy when I crossed the border to join up with my next group in Kenya (never has coffee tasted so good).

Dear all,
We really appreciated your lovely comments for us and our place and your interest for our property on the Camino. But we are happy to inform you that we already found a buyer.
We have signed a deposit contract and they are very excited with the purchase.
So thank you again and buen camino to all,
regards,
Andrea and Franko

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Dear all,
We really appreciated your lovely comments for us and our place and your interest for our property on the Camino. But we are happy to inform you that we already found a buyer.
regards,
Andrea and Franko

And now we are kept wondering if the new owner is a fellow camino forum friend or not ;-) In any case, Buen Albergue! SY

Dear all,
regards,
Andrea and Franko

Very good news and I wish you well. Buen camino to you too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back