• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Gijon to Sarria

nanette

Time of past OR future Camino
(2016)
My friend and I will be starting our Camino from Sarria. We will be coming from Gijon to Sarria, and the bus schedule that leaves around 6pm stops in Lugo. How do we proceed to Sarria from Lugo. Is there any other way to go to Sarria from Gijon? Is it safe to take a Taxi from Lugo to Sarria at almost midnight? How much would it cost.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi nanette! Welcome to the forum!

Can't you depart earlier?

The bus schedule you quote (the one leaving around 18:00) isn't direct and require a change of buses along the route.

If you had to take that option because you couldn't depart earlier, you could consider to stay overnight in Lugo and continue next day to Sarria by bus (with www.monbus.es).

To take a taxi from Lugo to Sarria at midnight is perfectly safe but it's more than 30 kms what means it'll be more than 30 Euros. Another point to have in mind would be the arrival time in Sarria (specially for accommodation purposes).

Thank you for your advise. My friend is trying to work out her schedule in Gijon and hopefully be able to leave earlier that 18:00. Have you heard of "share a ride"?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Have you heard of "share a ride"?

If that's the name of an enterprise, I don't know it. OTOH, if you are asking about enterprises offering the option of sharing a ride, there are some of them. I don't have personal experience with that sort of enterprises. There was recently a thread about Blablacar (you may look for it using the search feature) that may be of your interest to get different opnions about it.

Another option you could consider, if any of you has a drivers' license valid in Spain, is to rent a car and drive to Lugo. Departing at 18:00, you should have enough time to return the car in Lugo to the company you used to rent it and take the last bus from Lugo to Sarria (most likely you won't find a rent-a-car company allowing you to return the car in Sarria itself but I'm not an expert so shop around to see if you find one in which case you would avoid the final bus ride).

Thanks again. No, we don't have Spanish driver's license, so if we arrive in Lugo late, we might just stay overnight and leave early for Sarria, which would also be an option. Maybe take the earliest bus to have time to pick up passport and do the necessary paper work before we start our walk. I will also check the Blablacar. Thanks again.

Most read last week in this forum

Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...
Hi All, I have booked a walking week away from home arriving in Porto on 9th May at 19.10 (all being well). My initial intention was travel to Vigo by train and walk to Santiago, returning to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back