• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Dedication of mass in Santiago for my brother who died on the Camino in 2013

joanjf

Hello. I would really like to dedicate the mass at the Cathedral in Santiago on the 2nd of October to my Brother who died on the Camino on the 3 of October 2013. I will be in Santiago then and will also visit the place Triacastella where he left us for Heaven.
Can someone help me do this please .i appreciate any help.
Thank you so much.
Blessings

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
You could also approach the priest in Tricastela, who is a very approachable person ( unless there is a new one now) and ask him to also dedicate a mass to your brother. My condolences and I think it's fantastic that you will be visiting the Camino to remember your brother.

I can't help you with your request, but wanted to express my condolences on the loss of your brother. What you're doing is a great way to remember him.
Ultreia, Suzanne

I would really like to dedicate the mass at the Cathedral in Santiago on the 2nd of October to my Brother who died on the Camino on the 3 of October 2013.
What a nice thing to do. Perhaps you may also want to have your brother's name especially mentioned at the pilgrims' mass on the 3rd.

Perhaps these webpages may give you some help:

FAQ: Pilgrim Mass in Santiago de Compostela
http://caminoways.com/pilgrims-mass-santiago-de-compostela

Having a mass said in the Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela ...
http://www.fodors.com/community/eur...n-the-cathedral-of-santiago-de-compostela.cfm

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Joan .... your brother's camino family is now your family. I'm so pleased to see the positive comments you've received.
If I were in Spain now, I would love to join you in memory of your brother. All I can do is wish you God speed, and send you blessings from England ....

So sorry to hear of your loss. May many blessings be with you and all your family through this time.

What a beautiful tribute to your brother. The only way I can relate to the depth of your loss, is to imagine my daughter without my son in her life. My heart goes out to you. Blessings.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hola - I've emailed the OP who is very welcome to attend the Mass in English in the Cathedral held every morning at 10.30 (9am Sunday) During the mass on 3 October there is the opportunity to offer prayers by name for the person who has died.

Otherwise as has been said such masses can be arranged with any priest in any church and in the cathedral by speaking with the nuns in the Sacristy.

I hope that this helps

John

So sorry for such a loss Joan, I grieve for you. I don't know how much a dedicated mass costs but if you need funds and wish to set up a fund, through Paypal perhaps, or Ivar may be able to help, I would be very happy to donate to that ... and the mass lighting of candles if you wish.

My heart goes out to you.

So sorry for such a loss Joan, I grieve for you. I don't know how much a dedicated mass costs but if you need funds and wish to set up a fund, through Paypal perhaps, or Ivar may be able to help, I would be very happy to donate to that ... and the mass lighting of candles if you wish.

My heart goes out to you.

Lovely thought David but masses don't cost anything indeed that is expressly forbidden. Often a small donation such as 10euros might be offered.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thank you all so much for all your positive thoughts and wishes. I have had so much to do today that i have just logged on.
My son died too in the May of 2013 . My Brother Agnelo helped me through this very difficult time.
I will look at saying masses everywhere even in Triacastella. I will follow up the advise given in your mails today.
I want to put up a dedication of some sort in Triacastella. Does anyone have a wonderful idea.
I understand there is someone who has started planting trees in memory of pilgrims who have died on the Camino is that correct.
Please keep us in your thoughts.
You are all so very kind.
My Blessings and good wishes.

Dear Joan, I can offer no more than heartfelt well-wishes and condolences for your loss. But others have answered so beautifully, and I hope this helps. You are not alone.
As for the trees, perhaps contact both Faith and Nate at Pilgrim House in Santiago:
pilgrimhousesantiago.com
(they are here as @natefaith)
or Rebekah Scott in Morotinos (here as @Rebekah Scott).
They have been organizing a memorial near Astorga (of tree plantings) for fallen pilgrims.

Last edited:
Joan .... your brother's camino family is now your family. I'm so pleased to see the positive comments you've received.
If I were in Spain now, I would love to join you in memory of your brother. All I can do is wish you God speed, and send you blessings from England ....
As do I from Australia.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I am sitting just outside the cathedral as I read this. Deepest condolences, blessingso to you and your family, and I will say a prayer for you.

Thank you all so much for all your heartfelt thoughts. I could give each of you a great big hug.
Thank you again
Blessings

Dear Joan,
I wish I were able to attend the mass for Agnelo next weekend. He was a great pilgrim, generous with his time and talents toward his fellow peregrinos. I hope you will find peace and healing for your losses.
Blessings,
Carmen F.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

I requested a Mass to be offered with the botafumerio from the Cathederal for May 27th. Here is the update from the Cathederal: “We are contacting you to inform you that unfortunately the...
Does Ivan's place close for siesta or dinner? Trying to sort how to get my stored luggage and I know places close in Spain even when their doors say the hours they are open. Are we supposed to...
Anyone from the forum working in the Pilgrim’s Office May 1-14? We’ll be walking two Caminos and will say hi if you are!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back