• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

What now or Questions on Ingles

Nanc

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (Sept 2016)
SDC/ Finesterre/ Muxia (2016)
Or maybe this is really where to go from here
Post CF, Finesterre/ Muxia

I'm trying to decide what to do with my time left, including coming home early and eating the costs of changing planes reservations etc
I've looked at the Camino Ingles as it fits sweetly time wise. My current flight out from Santiago is the 16th
BUT in reading posts I'm getting the impression that:
1) a cell is necessary to get albergues open ( I've had no cell service this last 5 weeks, long story)
2) that albergues may not be accessible till 5 or 6 pm????
3) so if the albergue is so unsupported how do you get clothes dry?!
4) esp since I heard reports of many rain days from Pilgrims on Norte and Primativo

I've looked at starting in Porto but ...

I think I'm a bit tired. 37 km today. The break for a couple of days in Muxia will help, but I kinda want to be kind to my body (finally?)

So I have no desire for a hardship Camino or time pressure
But I'm not much of a shopper.
I've thought of heading to Northern Portugal maybe play tourist?
Nanc

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I don't know where your departure city is, but there are so many wonderful cities to explore in Spain, and the rail and bus systems were fantastic when I used them. If you don't feel up to another Camino at the moment, just enjoy a part of Spain you haven't visited, or go back for another look at a city you rushed though. If you're trying to stay close to SdC, then i'd agree Portugal, or take the train to O Coruna.
if you're flying out of Barcelona, then OMG go back there and explore. LOVE that city, could spend a month there happily

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Madrid, Toledo and Barcelona are great placeas to explore, I'd highly recommend taking a train there and enjoying your post-camino time!

Or maybe this is really where to go from here
Post CF, Finesterre/ Muxia

I'm trying to decide what to do with my time left, including coming home early and eating the costs of changing planes reservations etc
I've looked at the Camino Ingles as it fits sweetly time wise. My current flight out from Santiago is the 16th
BUT in reading posts I'm getting the impression that:
1) a cell is necessary to get albergues open ( I've had no cell service this last 5 weeks, long story)
2) that albergues may not be accessible till 5 or 6 pm????
3) so if the albergue is so unsupported how do you get clothes dry?!
4) esp since I heard reports of many rain days from Pilgrims on Norte and Primativo

I've looked at starting in Porto but ...

I think I'm a bit tired. 37 km today. The break for a couple of days in Muxia will help, but I kinda want to be kind to my body (finally?)

So I have no desire for a hardship Camino or time pressure
But I'm not much of a shopper.
I've thought of heading to Northern Portugal maybe play tourist?
Nanc
Hi, Nanc,

If you are really looking into Ingles there's no rain prediction (just some cloudy days but mostly sun at +-20C) for Ferrol & Santiago in next 10 days. I'd say go for it.

No real need for cell phone on Ingles:
- in Neda (actually that's in Xubia approx.2kms before Neda) there's a beautiful albergue with key stashed on a ledge to the right and up if you stand in front of the door. And hospitalero will come in the evening. Of course you can call him but I guess you can also go in the bar on the main street and ask people there to call him just that he knows you're there.
- in Pontedeume it's a bit tricky because hospitalera comes at first call and leaves 1 key. If that key is shared among other pilgrims that come a bit later it's OK but if you come in a no-pilgrim-present time you'll have to wait till 6PM. One report said that private room was available at Bar ??? for 15€. I'd go for that next time,
- in Mino albergue is opened. No key but you can lock yourself in from the inside. Be aware that albergue is on the edge of the village and you have to go back to buy provisions. Hospitalero will come in the evening,
- Betanzos: absolutely no worry here. This is really a 4 star albergue and hospitalero is there whole afternoon. In the center, everything very close by etc.,
- Presedo: key in post box on the wall by the entry gate, hospitalera will come at 7PM, very good eat and else in only restaurant in the village some 300mts down the main road, nice albergue although basic but with kitchen and nice surrounding,
- Hospital de Bruma: ever present hospitalero/a, kitchen, toilets and shower are so so, restaurant on the other side of the street, all shops, pharmacies etc. 2kms off the Camino (private lodging also) in Meson do Vento,
- Sigueiro: no albergue but enough of private accomm., hospitalero in Bruma will tell you all about it and also makes a reservation for you if needed. I've stayed in "???????" (really can't remember) on Avenida de Grabanxa (when you pass the municipal pool to your left and come to the plaza with Ayuntamiento to your left, just cross the plaza, go up the street and when only possible of turning left or right, turn right and on the left hand side that's it. No sign of whatever, you have to know a street number..., was it 17?). It was private place with rooms for 2-4, fully equiped kitchen, washing machine, large terrace (not much of a view though) and so on.
- Santiago: you already know by now :D

Last edited:
Thank you all. I'll decide on my energy level after these rest days

Kinkyone your details were very reassuring
Not going home early. With change in plane prices and penalties it would be $2000 to correct flights annd hotels, or leave within a day of original flight

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
You are spoilt for choice if you want to do some sight seeing! Fisterra, Baiona near Vigo, gorgeous Porto! absolutely worth it!

I had a cellphone with me on the Ingles but never used it. There were other pilgrims who used theirs to open the two places where a call was required. Enjoy!

I spend some fun days in Madrid and glorious days 8..in Valencia in the sun, ocean,rice fields, ...so many options

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
We caught the bus to Porto and spent a couple of days playing tourist. Easy to do, such a wonderful city. We then started walking up the coast. Beautiful. Go as far as you want then catch another bus back to Santiago for your flight.

I stopped over at Porto, Portugal prior heading to Lisbon. The town didn't disappoint me. Very a nice town to walk around and wander.

Hello there,

Although others have had their tuppence worth, hope you won't ignore mine, even though it may be a couple of days late!

I didn't find too much of a problem with accommodation, arriving at 4pm at the local albergue, and snagging a bed on the top bunk. Pontedueme was much the same. As I was walking in September, I took a room at Meson o Novo, booked on the day, and then a room at Hostal Sigueiro, also booked on the day. As you will be walking in October, I'm not sure if the albergues at Bruma and Sigueiro will be fully booked as I encountered, but hopefully the drop in people along the way will help you.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I'm not sure if the albergues at Bruma and Sigueiro will be fully booked as I encountered, but hopefully the drop in people along the way will help you.
Albergue in Sigueiro??? I walked Ingles in early July and there wasn't any albergue, either municipal, parrochial or private. Maybe by "albergue" you mean a private flat with 5 rooms with 2-5 beds in each? And with no sign on the street etc.

No albergue there, but we stayed in Sigueiro Hostel, by the river in the middle of town. Very modern, good food and a nice staff.

Albergue in Sigueiro??? I walked Ingles in early July and there wasn't any albergue, either municipal, parrochial or private. Maybe by "albergue" you mean a private flat with 5 rooms with 2-5 beds in each? And with no sign on the street etc.

I also stayed at the Hostal Sigueiro, but the two albergues as listed in the guide were both full when I tried to contact them. They were private, as opposed to parochial, and had a fairly small number of beds (under 20 each I think, without digging out the guide).

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back