• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Christmas hols walking

Deepforest

Time of past OR future Camino
2015 Camino Frances 2016 Camino Portuguese 2017 del Norte and Primitivo 2017 Via Francegina 2018.
my friend and I have walked the camino France's and the Portuguese. But when we get the 25th dec out of the way we wonder if there's anywhere we can walk for a week before we go back to work. We are thinking anywhere with a little sun and warmth.

We are looking at flying into Seville or Malaga and getting a bus to some place in Andalusia . The idea is to hike between villages or around some walks in the sierras. Would anywhere be open there?

Any other ideas for walking in nice weather for a week 26th dec to early January ?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Last edited:
Any other ideas for walking in nice weather for a week 26th dec to early January ?

Hi
I can recommend the Rota Vicentina in the Algarve, southern Portugal:

http://en.rotavicentina.com/

Can’t guarantee you what the weather will be like Dec/Jan, but I had a lovely week of sunshine in Feb, before the rain moved in.
Jill

A selection of Camino Jewellery
is it possible to hike around Alpujara? We are not hotel people and I prefer the adventure of albergues or hostels. Feels like an adventure that way.

Would any of the caminos be suitable for walking dec 26th to jan 4th?

This really is not particularly helpful, but New Zealand typically has reasonable weather after rain on Christmas Day. Nice walking too.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
This really is not particularly helpful, but New Zealand typically has reasonable weather after rain on Christmas Day. Nice walking too.

Well thanks for replying , but I'm afraid a flight from the UK to NZ for 6 days might not be worth it.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Those are the exact dates we did the first stretch of the Camino de Levante last year. Three days of t-shirt weather and orange groves, then a nice, gentle slope with gradually colder weather. If you contact me directly I'm sure I can dig out last year's itinerary, including contact info for the places we slept. (Or search for it here, I think I posted quite alot about it.)

Most read last week in this forum

For those who will walk something different , https://www.jejuolle.org/trail_en#/...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back