• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Any tips for Zaragoza to Logrono Stage?

Sydneycoastalwalker

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2013)
Via de la Plata (2015)
Hi, I'm planning to walk from Zaragoza to Longrono June 2017. I'm wondering in anyone has walked that section recently and have any thoughts, comments tips, about accommodation and the path in general. Many thanks.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi, I'm planning to walk from Zaragoza to Longrono June 2017. I'm wondering in anyone has walked that section recently and have any thoughts, comments tips, about accommodation and the path in general. Many thanks.

It's lonely, bring a good book

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
There are excellent albergues at Torres de Bellerén and Gallur. Zaragoza is a great city. The path is generally fairly flat, not far from the river. If you like mudéjar architecture, you're in for a treat. I liked the two days between Tortosa and Gandesa more than the later sections, but I turned left onto the Camino Castellano-Aragonés at Gallur, so don't know about the section from there to Longroño.

There are excellent albergues at Torres de Bellerén and Gallur. Zaragoza is a great city. The path is generally fairly flat, not far from the river. If you like mudéjar architecture, you're in for a treat. I liked the two days between Tortosa and Gandesa more than the later sections, but I turned left onto the Camino Castellano-Aragonés at Gallur, so don't know about the section from there to Longroño.
Thanks Alan, i read some of your older posts. Was it you who only saw a few other people? Im going to be introducing some friends to the Camino and i cant decide between the very busy Logrono to Burgos or Zaragoza to Logrono. They only have about 10 days.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Like Alan, I walked from Zaragoza to Gallur and then "turned left" and walked the Castellano-Aragonés. I didn't see any other pilgrims, and this was in June. If pilgrim company is what you want, I don't think this is for you. How about the Aragonés? You could start in France a few days back to add on days to make it to ten, or start in Somport and see how far you can get. There will be pilgrims but not a ton, and it is very pretty and has good Albergues. What month are you going to walk? Buen camino, Laurie.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Check out my diary for Pilgrimage V, which covers that route taken in May last year.
A beautiful camino!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.