• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Guided tours for walking Via Francegina

Kathy Holden

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Santiago (2015)
Hello,
Just wanting to know whether anyone has used Spanish Steps as a guide to walk the via francegina or know of the company.
Would like to do the walk but as I am doing it alone feel I need some group support.
Thanks

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hello,
Just wanting to know whether anyone has used Spanish Steps as a guide to walk the via francegina or know of the company.
Would like to do the walk but as I am doing it alone feel I need some group support.
Thanks
Hi Kathy- it is not easy to walk on one's own as you see so few pilgrims along the way, if any, and unlike the Camino, the distances between the towns and villages are quite long with often nothing inbetween. I am leading a group walking from Lucca to Rome in September next year for Amawalkers Camino (Sillydoll). We had 4 groups walking the VF this year (42 pilgrims altogether) and they all thought that it was an amazing experience. Have a look at the website : http://www.amawalkerscamino.com/la-via-francigena.html

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hello,

Thank you for the information, I will go onto your website and check your walks for next year,
Kathy

There are many options for doing self-guided walks. Francigena Ways, MacsAdventures are just two that offer an excellent back-up service for walkers (no, I don't get any commission for recommending them!)

Back