• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Francis Bacon at the Gug

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
was just watching TVE news and they showed parts of the mew Feancis Bacon exhibit. Many say, when visiting Bilbao, that the building is better than its content.

https://francisbacon.guggenheim-bilbao.eus/fr/

When the Gug puts on a special exhibition they obviously have the resources to pull out all the stops. I was there for the David Hockney exhibition 3 years ago which was a total experience. I don't recall any of the other permanent exhibits though.

I went this October twice to the Guggenheim. It was the most stunning visit ever!

1. Someone pointed out a small balcony on the first floor which lets you look out above the Serra steel display

2. The Paris 1900 - 1940 exhibition was tremendous. Loads of paintings you do not even get to see at the NY Guggenheim.

3. The Francis Bacon exhibition was so comprehensive. I never appreciated his work until seeing this display

4. Treat yourselves. The restaurant had a set menu which was great and allowed a welcome break (when exiting the exhibition ask for a recently armband). Beats the coffee shop any day! Lovely architecture too!!

Most read last week in this forum

Last May I walked the first part of the Norte in the opposite direction, from Santander to Irun. Since I only had two weeks and couldn't reach Santiago anyway, I wanted to swim against the tide...
Tomorrow I fly to Bilbao to start my 5th stint on the Camino. I did the Frances in three parts (2016, 2017 and 2022). Last year I did the Portuguese from Porto. I did the first 200 km of the...
I use Alltrails a lot here in the US, in Iceland, on the Via Podiensis and a bit on the CF. Will it be useful on the Norte? For example, people here say the "warm up" from Biarritz to Irun (or...
I thought I had this all figured out, but I have ended up with 2 train tickets from San Sebastian (I don't even know if it's the airport or the town) to Irun, instead of ONE that goes all the way...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back