• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Possible?? Camino Baztan to Vasco Interior?

Limah

Time of past OR future Camino
September 2015
Hi pilgrims,

Is there a connection between Camino Baztan & Vasco Interior? My hope is to do most of Baztan without linking to Camino Frances in Pamplona... Rather, if possible, I would route to Vasco through an alternative Camino or GR ??
From there, I'd finish last leg of Vasco and link up to Frances in Burgos.
Anything is possible right!?

With gratitude and blessing,
Limah

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Hi pilgrims,

Is there a connection between Camino Baztan & Vasco Interior? My hope is to do most of Baztan without linking to Camino Frances in Pamplona... Rather, if possible, I would route to Vasco through an alternative Camino or GR ??

Limah

Hi Limah,
Via de Bayonne.....Bayonne to Burgos

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
AML,
Thank you! Never heard of Via de Bayonne. I just looked it up and came across this map ...

http://www.editorialbuencamino.com/

It seems Via de Bayonne doesn't have many waymarks, especially after the split in Vitoria.
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/to-burgos-or-santo-domingo.29489/

Via de Bayonne is option for sure, but still on the look-out for a link to Baztan. Maybe there's a GR that runs Baztan to Vitoria?? Buen camino

Your welcome! From my experience in May this year of Via de Bayonne it is well marked apart from 1 section after Briviesca where there is a new motorway. After that its grand again. The hospitalero in Briviesca explains in detail how to find the way if you can understand Spanish! I couldn't understand a word but I still found the way ok!
Hope this helps.
Aidan

Hi pilgrims,

Limah
Yes it is possible, But there are not albergues, and the route is not marked, The link is in Salvatierra in the route from Pamplona to Vitoria, about 60-70 Km

https://www.google.es/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwix3cjOt9XQAhUC8RQKHXFABaMQFggmMAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Felreynodelospalabros.blogspot.com%2F&usg=AFQjCNG-Mts5-Ag8RGwpbjDnUQ8eNbviiQ&sig2=YdDgB_2wKoxZRbOFcUpPXg&bvm=bv.139782543,d.d24
See posts num 6-7-8
It is in Spanish.

The route related above avoids the road but you can use the old road from Pamplona to Vitoria,, now a local road there are about 60 Km and it is very flat.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Good that @navarro found this OP. I wanted to post a link to his thread I just read.

For the Via de Bayona markings I walked it this summer and had no problems finding the way even after the split in Estavillo. The only tricky spot was actually after Pancorbo and before Zuneda (well before Briviesca). There was this beautiful valley and the yellow arrow on the tree to your right. You should turn right and uphil and across the motorway. But the arrow is actually pointing straight down the valley when you come to the tree. And I walked on another 4,1km to Valdehierro de Bureba and 4,1km back to the tree. Not really nice in hot weather although the valley is really beautiful. After return to the tree I found another arrow painted on the side of the small concrete bridge but it was overgrown. From the tree to Zuneda is another4,2km and further 10,6km to Briviesca Plaza Mayor.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back