• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ireland to Logrono best route

MickMac

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2013
Frances 2016
Frances 2017
Frances 2018
Frances 2018
Ponferrada-Santiago
July 2019
Can anyone suggest best route from Ireland to Logrono.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Travelling via Bilbao (Aer Lingus) would work too - there's a direct bus from Bilbao bus station to Logrono, and regular shuttle buses between Bilbao airport and the bus station.

We did this in reverse last year (i.e. Logrono to Bilbao) and it worked very well.

I travelled March last: Dublin / Madrid Airport / airport bus terminal T4 / Logrono

About a 2 hour wait in the Airport. Bus arrived in Logrono Centre a bit of a walk! from the Logrono Albergues on Camino.

Thanks Nuala and Donal any idea on times.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Take PLM Autocares or ALSA bus, or Renfe train from Madrid.

2nd best option is take Burundesa y la Union bus from Bilbao termibus.

You could travel via Biarritz ... but its less than optimal. Take PESA bus from airport to San Sebastian/Donostia and Estellesa bus from San Sebastian to Logrono.

Or Transports64 816 bus from Biarritz Airport to Hendaye (or Irun Renfe Station) then take Metro Donostialdea from Hendaia to Colon station in Irun. Cross the tracks to Irun Renfe Station. Take Renfe Cercanias from Irun to San Sebastian. The new bus station in San Sebastian is colocated with the Renfe station.

Last edited by a moderator:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The bus from Bilbao to Logrono takes barely 2 hours.

The airport shuttle bus goes directly to Bilbao bus station. You can buy your bus ticket to Logrono at the La Union kiosk. There's a reasonable bar there (serving remarkably pleasant vino tinto), also luggage storage.

When I did this a couple of months ago, I was in Logrono by 3pm.

http://www.autobuseslaunion.com/PDF/Bilbao-Logrono.pdf

The bus from Bilbao to Logrono takes barely 2 hours.

The airport shuttle bus goes directly to Bilbao bus station. You can buy your bus ticket to Logrono at the La Union kiosk. There's a reasonable bar there (serving remarkably pleasant vino tinto), also luggage storage.

When I did this a couple of months ago, I was in Logrono by 3pm.

http://www.autobuseslaunion.com/PDF/Bilbao-Logrono.pdf
Many thanks Bilbao it is.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The wayfarer way , it "Warms the cockles of my heart"

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Next Thursday " ALDI "

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Bhí sé sin ar fheabhas. Is dócha nach tusnóchfa eachtra mar sin aon áit ach i gCiarraí
Great. Such an adventure would have to start in Kerry

Video brought tears to my eyes Hansard was a suprise not bad for an oscar winner. Brilliant!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I refuse to use facebook how long did it take them clip was short.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Can someone please confirm that if you fly with Ryanair from SDC to Madrid, that you will arrive at the Madrid-Barajas International airport? Such a simple question, yet incredibly frustrating...
Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, I'm searching for any transportation ways to to get to sjpp from Biarritz. Would anyone let me know how to get to? I would like taking bus or train. Thank you.
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back