• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation in Arevalo

sulu

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
a few since 2010
I have read somewhere that the convent provides accommodation, I'm not sure where I read that or if it is true but I will try. If I can't stay there then it will have to be a hotel in town. I notice that many people stay at the Hostal Campo but it seems to be in an area of discos and cocktail bars, what is it like at night please?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi, Sulu,
I stayed in the Campo and don't remember any problem with noise. That could also be because we weren't there on a weekend. Ask for a habitacion interior and that should solve the problem (unless you can't deal with the lack of fresh air coming off the street -- for me the internal air shaft is ok as long as we're not in mid summer).

Maybe you're already told us, but when are you setting out and from where? So glad to see you back. Buen camino, Laurie

Hi Laurie,
Thanks for that. I don't aim to be there at a weekend either.
I start from Toledo next week, well March 1st, so just over a week. Just tying up loose ends!
Sue

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi Sulu,
In 2014 there was a very basic albergue at (metal door at the side ) the sports centre on Ave Emilio Romero, I got the key from the local police office in the town hall, as I remember the albergue had a couple of bunks, a loo and shower, no cooking facilities but there are lots of cafe bars nearby.
Regards
George

Last edited:
Hi Sulu,
In 2014 there was a very basic albergue at (metal door at the side ) the sports centre on Ave Emilio Romero, I got the key from the local police office in the town hall, as I remember the albergue had a couple of bunks, a loo and shower, no cooking facilities but there are lots of cafe bars nearby.
Regards
George
Can second that.
When you come to Arevalo the Camino leads you on the main road but you can also take a smaller road at the start of the park to the right. You'll pass the elementary school (or was that some kind of similar facility???) on your left and see sports facilities to your right. There's the mentioned "albergue" which is more like so-called Acogida Municipal. Anyway, just go straight to the city center and the Policia Local to pick up the key. They would drive you back (maybe 5-10 minutes walking otherwise) to albergue if a police car is available. At least I was told so by my Spanish companero for that night that came before me.
He's on attached photo no.1 and you can see what can be seen from the front doors of albergue. Photos no.2&3 are of the interior. I cleaned the loo and shower thouroughly but that was in 2015 ;) The last photo is the opposite side of the sports hall where the albergue actually is and that's the vista you'll see first when searching for albergue. The store is really close by. But as already said you have to pick up the keys at Policia Local. There is Guardia Civil station on the main drag close by and they can stamp your credential but have nothing to do with albergue.

If you need any more info Sue, just ask!

Attachments

• In front of albergue in Arevalo.jpg
    In front of albergue in Arevalo.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 20
  • Albergue in Arevalo 01.jpg
    Albergue in Arevalo 01.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Albergue in Arevalo 02.jpg
    Albergue in Arevalo 02.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Opposite side of albergue in Arevalo.jpg
    Opposite side of albergue in Arevalo.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 17
Thanks George, I saw mention of this 'albergue' on the Avila Friends site, but no mention any where else so I thought maybe it is closed.
I'm not a great fan of Polideportivos because often, or usually, you seem to have to wait till late in the evening to get access. I can't wait until late, my legs are old and need a long time resting to recover for the next day. :)
If you need any more info Sue, just ask!
So, yes please K1, can you remember if there was a time restriction on access? It does look like it's a dedicated room just for pilgrims so maybe there's no restriction here.
Thanks to all, this does sound promising.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
So, yes please K1, can you remember if there was a time restriction on access? It does look like it's a dedicated room just for pilgrims so maybe there's no restriction here.
Thanks to all, this does sound promising.
I'm sure there are no time restrictions. It's a place under the grandstands of a sport hall but with its own entrance so no need to wait for a janitor or anyone else once you get the keys. This is the sport hall:
https://www.google.si/maps/@41.0565...vmWcRSfyN7pQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1?hl=sl
You go through the doors in this iron fence and left around the building. Main entrance is to the left from this standpoint and the albergue doors are on the other side of the sport hall. I was a bit confused but there were a lot of people jogging or walking there and they immediately knew what I was searching for and showed me the way.
But as already said you have to pick up the keys at Policia Local which is easy to find. If I remember well it's situated in Ayto.building. You cross triangular Pl.del Arrabal, go through this Arco behind the statue of Isabel Catolica:
https://www.google.si/maps/place/05...5b!8m2!3d41.058981!4d-4.7187424!6m1!1e1?hl=sl
and you come to Pl.del Real. Ayuntamiento is directly in front of you across the Plaza.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thanks, I'll probably stay there then.
It's no Parador but it's free. In the evening there could be some kids drinking and smoking in the area but if you sit for a while outside they'll no doubt notice you and leave. Happened to me while I was reading outside and they were very considerate. Anyway there's Guardia Civil station less than 100 meters away and I'm sure they don't want to deal with them ;)

A few of us stayed here or somewhere very similar. However, there was an ALL NIGHT basketball tournament which no-one told us about and it was a sleepless soirée! At least I was on the road early.. I remember cleaning up and throwing junk away... in 2014 I believe.

A few of us stayed here or somewhere very similar. However, there was an ALL NIGHT basketball tournament which no-one told us about and it was a sleepless soirée! At least I was on the road early.. I remember cleaning up and throwing junk away... in 2014 I believe.

Thanks, I'll remember to ask the right questions :)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.