• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sporks?

C

Camino Chris

Hi all,
For those of you who bring sporks, do you prefer them over a little serrated knife? I'm considering "investing" in one (pun intended), because last year airport security confiscated my clear plastic, totally harmless, serrated knife that I had "confiscated" myself (another pun), from a local fast food joint.

I love using a serrated knife to cut through the crust of that awesome Spanish bread...or is it really French bread? Lol.

Some sporks seem to have a very short serrated knife on one end of the spoon. Do they work well? Just curious, but then, "curiosity kills the cat", which it did to this cat on my Time Zones post! ;)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
If one end of the spork is the tines and the other is the serrated knife, how do you spear the food and then cut it? A regular spork is a good idea for trailside yogurt, etc., but the one with the knife is a bit like the invention of the electric fork -- interesting but fairly useless. ;)

I like using sporks - most of which are liberated from Aer Lingus flights and which snap half way through a Camino. (I'm so cheap...) however, I still cherish the spoon part for (as Falcon says) trackside yogurts. And I don't really mind losing the serrated knife part - there's an extremely heavy- snoring pilgrim out there who took the bunk above me and who probably owes his life to my broken spork ;).

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I like using sporks - most of which are liberated from Aer Lingus flights and which snap half way through a Camino. (I'm so cheap...) however, I still cherish the spoon part for (as Falcon says) trackside yogurts. And I don't really mind losing the serrated knife part - there's an extremely heavy- snoring pilgrim out there who took the bunk above me and who probably owes his life to my broken spork ;).
Fortunately I was allowed to carry my spork as carry-on all the way to Spain from here in the US, but I have to chuckle at the notion that any portion of a spork is a deadly enough weapon to restrict it or confiscate it. I mean, if some miscreant brandished one as a weapon on a flight I was on, I would relieve him of it after I stopped laughing. When I was a copper, I can't say that if I patted someone down and discovered a spork on them, I would confiscate it out of fear he would harm me with it, ha ha. "sir, please place the spork on the ground" :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Fortunately I was allowed to carry my spork as carry-on all the to Spain from here in the US, but I have to chuckle at the notion that any portion of a spork is a deadly enough weapon to restrict it or confiscate it. I mean, if some miscreant brandished one as a weapon on a flight I was on, I would relieve him of it after I stopped laughing. When I was a copper, I can't say that if I patted someone down and discovered a spork on them, I would confiscate it out of fear he would harm me with it, ha ha. "sir, please place the spork on the ground" :D
Very funny indeed!

BTW- I was in the Big Easy yesterday on a 12 hour bus tour. It was a cloudy, windy, cold day and I had a hard time enjoying all the sights. I was surprised that most of the bars and restaurants had their big doors wide open all day. I'm worried now that I'll be a big whiner (no, not wino ;)) on my Camino in April, cuz ya never know what you're gonna get!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I'm taking a spork. We will shop at the markets for lunch, snacks etc. If I don't use it on the first half, I'll get rid of it.

Very funny indeed!

BTW- I was in the Big Easy yesterday on a 12 hour bus tour. It was a cloudy, windy, cold day and I had a hard time enjoying all the sights. I was surprised that most of the bars and restaurants had their big doors wide open all day. I'm worried now that I'll be a big whiner (no, not wino ;)) on my Camino in April, cuz ya never know what you're gonna get!
Yeah, yesterday was cloudy and gloomy, but today it's nice. The bars never close here in da big nasty, ha ha.

Fortunately I was allowed to carry my spork as carry-on all the to Spain from here in the US, but I have to chuckle at the notion that any portion of a spork is a deadly enough weapon to restrict it or confiscate it. I mean, if some miscreant brandished one as a weapon on a flight I was on, I would relieve him of it after I stopped laughing. When I was a copper, I can't say that if I patted someone down and discovered a spork on them, I would confiscate it out of fear he would harm me with it, ha ha. "sir, please place the spork on the ground" :D

I just bought a spork at REI for my Camino. It did go through my mind at the time if I could carry it on. I'm giving it a try. ;) True, it won't open wine bottles, but it should still come in handy.

Will TSA confiscate a spork that has a serrated edge on one side? I just picked one of these up because I love yogurt...it is going to be super annoying if the airport takes it before I even get there. :/

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Will TSA confiscate a spork that has a serrated edge on one side? I just picked one of these up because I love yogurt...it is going to be super annoying if the airport takes it before I even get there. :/

I didn't even think of it when I picked up mine! Good question.

Although, honestly, how much damage am I really going to do with a spork?

I didn't even think of it when I picked up mine! Good question.

Although, honestly, how much damage am I really going to do with a spork?

Agreed, but they confiscate dumb stuff all the time, so who knows? Maybe I'll bury it in the bottom of the pack when I fly.

Hi all,
For those of you who bring sporks, do you prefer them over a little serrated knife? I'm considering "investing" in one (pun intended), because last year airport security confiscated my clear plastic, totally harmless, serrated knife that I had "confiscated" myself (another pun), from a local fast food joint.

I love using a serrated knife to cut through the crust of that awesome Spanish bread...or is it really French bread? Lol.

Some sporks seem to have a very short serrated knife on one end of the spoon. Do they work well? Just curious, but then, "curiosity kills the cat", which it did to this cat on my Time Zones post! ;)
I brought a spork and a knife. I used a cardboard shipping tube to check my trekking poles, knife and wine bottle opener. I wouldn't have relied on a spork with a serrated edge. The knife was great for cutting bread, cheese, sausage and fruit.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
They didn't confiscate mine, and it was one of the inexpensive plastic ones. Put it with your toothbrush, toothpaste, etc. That's what I did.

To spork or not to spork? Yogurt sounds like a good start at the albergue in the morning, but how do you store it overnight in the heat? Communal fridge ... is it there in the morning? I checked The Way for an answer, but it looked like Jost let Tom eat his at night and did not put it in the fridge:confused:.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Ummmm, I was thinking in the morning because a piece of toast isn't gonna cut it for me. That said, thanks to another thread around here, I have learned today to not eat my yogurt while walking if I don't want to announce I'm an american! lolol :D

Ummmm, I was thinking in the morning because a piece of toast isn't gonna cut it for me. That said, thanks to another thread around here, I have learned today to not eat my yogurt while walking if I don't want to announce I'm an american! lolol :D
A lot of the albergues have fridges you can store your perishables in. When I could and when necessary, I would buy the afternoon before some yogurt, fruit and maybe even some bread and cheese to have in the morning before I started walking. I'm a big proponent of putting some real fuel in your body before you start exertion.
If you do that, make sure your perishables are in a bag or something before you put them in the shared fridge. Otherwise they may be mistaken for stuff left behind as donativo by previous pilgrims.
As far as eating and walking, I favored dark chocolate and peanuts, cashews, etc.
If you are concerned about the spork being confiscated and want something for yogurt, etc, just put 3-4 plastic spoons in your pack, or any small spoon you have at the house that you don't mind losing or throwing away.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
If it's just for yogurt you could just take a disposable plastic spoon. Super lightweight.
I usually walked an hour or so before I stopped to eat, but that's what I do at home too. Go for a walk or do some other exercise before breakfast.

I managed the entire Camino with a pair of nail clippers as my only cutting tool. I did have to borrow someone's Swiss army knife to use the scissors when I had to trim some new insoles I bought at a farmacia. I got enough wine with my Pilgrim's menu dinner, so didn't need a corkscrew. :)

On our first camino we used teaspoons and thrifted cake forks.
In an effort to reduce weight on our second walk we opted for these plastic sporks....upload_2017-2-17_15-10-8.jpeg
They
a) broke
b) were useless at cutting anything
c) but the serrations on the side of the fork were irritating when eating
For the past few caminos we have used these...
images

They have a good enough bowl to be suitable for slurping soup. The prongs are good enough to stab peas and pick up pasta. The handle is short, but long enough.

Some people will tell you that you do not need a spork. It is true. But we love ours paired with an Opinel #8 (one knife for the whole family, one spork each)

To spork or not to spork? Yogurt sounds like a good start at the albergue in the morning, but how do you store it overnight in the heat? Communal fridge ... is it there in the morning? I checked The Way for an answer, but it looked like Jost let Tom eat his at night and did not put it in the fridge:confused:.
We carried yogurts all day in our backpack. I'm sure I ate some that had not been refrigerated overnight. Things will stay a lot longer than you might think.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Second breakfast is the way to go. You're right, that piece of toast didn't cut it. We'd stop at the nearest open "bar" for second breakfast. I usually went with the potato tortilla. Yogurt was more a lunch and supper treat for us.

Last edited:
I'm thinking yogurt for first breakfast and spanish tortilla for second breakfast. :) No idea what I'm going to do for lunch yet. And pilgrim meals for dinner.

I'm thinking yogurt for first breakfast and spanish tortilla for second breakfast. :) No idea what I'm going to do for lunch yet. And pilgrim meals for dinner.
Ensalada mixta makes a good lunch. It's a tossed salad with tuna and other things, depending on where you're at. I got one with peaches in in once. :)
And of course you usually get bread with it - you get bread with everything. :p

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
That sounds really good. I'm only avoiding gluten. Not worried about cross contamination...just too much gives me a 5 day headache that nothing will kill. Although I am secretly hoping it is American flour that is the problem (apparently ours has more gluten in it than normal wheat) and I'll be able to eat wheat in Europe. ;)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Second breakfast is the way to go. You're right, that piece of toast didn't cut it. We'd stop at the nearest open "bar" for second breakfast. I usually went with the potato tortilla. Yogurt was more a lunch and supper treat for us.

It's great to hear what other people do before setting out, so you know your options. But trust that your routine will develop once you're there, in the thick of it. Your camino habits may end up surprising you!

If I was offered breakfast at the place I was staying, or if there was an open bar in the early morning on the same block, I'd take breakfast there - tostados, zumo natural, & cola cao. If not, I'd have groceries bought the night before, like yogurt, nuts, fruit, chocolate, cheese, bread or cakes. These are my road snacks as well.

(I might skip desayuno though. Sometimes my body likes to start walking sans food. Listen to your body.)

But then, after a couple hours walking - the best meal of the day - desaydos! Usually, tortilla and a cafe cortado or Kas naranja.

Lunch took on one of three forms:

Some days were just liberal snacking days. On occasion, I have been know to flag down a countryside pan van making its rounds. (And yes, when I speak spanish, pan van rhymes!)

Some days were bocadillo/picnic days. On these, I would come across a grocery at the right time mid-day and buy picnic foods - often just to make a bocadillo or dress up a bocadillo I picked up at a bar. Things like tuna, cheese, fresh tomato, olives, roasted red peppers, onion, fruit, chips......

Other days, if I reached my destination by 2-3 pm (not often, I'm a slow walker) or if I was at most 5-ish km away, then I would stop for a menu del dia. These are generally far superior to pilgrims menus, because it is what the locals eat. And they're still remarkably cheap in many cases. Now I can generally walk 5-ish more km after a big meal, no problem. But straight-up wine with these meals was a walking problem (no, not drunk, just made me nauseous, especially in heat). So I got very attached to vino y casera. It's a sparkly, refreshing way to cut your wine that won't get charged extra either.

Dinner was light. A la carte, ensalada mixta if possible. Nighttime pilgrim menus were too often pretty heavy, unappetizing and repetitive.

I made regular use of my titanium spork and my Opinel No. 10 (picnic knife w/ corkscrew).
(I check my bag, so TSA not a problem with either, and yes, the serrated side of the fork is useless.)

Ditto...Same here goes for me, too.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
yoghurt is fermented so no problems leaving it out at night - should just increase the fermentation - Yum!!

Some stranger things than a spork .... the 'three-way' could most likely be used as a throwing star and I particularly like the mad biro one

View attachment 31926

View attachment 31927
Totally hysterical photos! Hard to believe they are "for real".
And a "3-way"? I thought that was..ahem, I think you know what I'm thinking. :rolleyes:

I make my own yogurt. It sits at about 120 degrees F for twelve hours. I think it can handle another day or two at pack temperature after being pasteurized and packaged!

How do you know if yogurt has gone bad? Does it begin to taste good???
I love how the original question has taken so many twists and turns! I'm learning alot about yogurt today and didn't even ask! Lol.

I do think my original question was answered anong all the interesting dialogue. It seems NO ONE likes a serrated knife on the side of their spork. Got it! :)

Back in the day I carried a USGI 4-blade pocket knife and my trusty old "racin' spoon;" a stainless steel tablespoon I got at Goodwill, then shortened the handle and bent the end into a loop so that it could be threaded onto a chain or string.

I had planned to make a new racin' spoon for the CF, but all the talk about sporks caused me to investigate. So now I'll be taking a stainless spork and the 5.5-ounce multi-tool I carry everyday

Last edited:
Imagine packing that three-way! If it doesn't break quickly, you'll want to snap it apart yourself coz it would be so unwieldy....and then, lol and behold, you are left with a knife, fork and spoon! Admittedly you would not be able to play frisbee if you dismantled it.

What is this???

vino y casera.

I took 4 years of french in high school and college, not spanish. And I won't tell you how long it has been since I graduated. :p

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
What is this???

vino y casera.

I took 4 years of french in high school and college, not spanish. And I won't tell you how long it has been since I graduated. :p

Casera is a sparkly soda, kinda Sprite-ish. Mixing it with vino tinto makes a refreshing wine spritzer. Casera is a brand name, but ordering vino y casera gets you a bottle of wine and a bottle of some brand like Casera. Then I mix it in whatever ratio I'm in the mood for.

Also goes by tinto de verano. But when I ordered it that way, it came pre-mixed.

It's a nice early afternoon, still gonna keep walking, sort of lunchtime beverage.

(Glenn, the y means "and", pronounced "ee", as in wine and Casera soda)

Also goes by tinto de verano. But when I ordered it that way, it came pre-mixed.
The only time I had it premixed was at Cien Montaditos. One bar in Galicia, between Santiago and Finisterre absolutely refused to make it for us. Said that it's not a Galician drink! No Tinto de Verano for you!:p

Casera is a sparkly soda, kinda Sprite-ish. Mixing it with vino tinto makes a refreshing wine spritzer. Casera is a brand name, but ordering vino y casera gets you a bottle of wine and a bottle of some brand like Casera. Then I mix it in whatever ratio I'm in the mood for.

It's a nice early afternoon, still gonna keep walking, sort of lunchtime beverage.

Ahhh, I like wine with ginger ale in the summer. Lovely. I may have to take advantage of that option!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Fenix, you are a wealth of knowledge...all kinds!

Si. Comprende. That wasn't the issue.

My translation read "Wine and homemade" (another meaning of casera) which caused me to wonder homemade what? Ergo, it appeared to me that a word may have been missing.

Now that I know it also refers to a bottled beverage....

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I just bought a spork at REI for my Camino. It did go through my mind at the time if I could carry it on. I'm giving it a try. ;) True, it won't open wine bottles, but it should still come in handy.

On my Camino I used this kind with the serrated edge on one side from REI. It works great and didn't break. It's a thicker plastic than some of the others.

My French walking buddy, Jean, likes grapefruit juice in rose wine. Mixing anything with wine is a bit of an acquired taste, though it would not be sacrilege like Coke in single malt whiskey...

Agreed.
For the love of all that is holy, save your Coca-Cola for the Kalimotxo (Coke + red wine) and leave the good whiskeys alone!

Fortunately I was allowed to carry my spork as carry-on all the way to Spain from here in the US, but I have to chuckle at the notion that any portion of a spork is a deadly enough weapon to restrict it or confiscate it. I mean, if some miscreant brandished one as a weapon on a flight I was on, I would relieve him of it after I stopped laughing. When I was a copper, I can't say that if I patted someone down and discovered a spork on them, I would confiscate it out of fear he would harm me with it, ha ha. "sir, please place the spork on the ground" :D

Well we've had duelling banjos, why not duelling with sporks? ;)

Well we've had duelling banjos, why not duelling with sporks? ;)
Be an interesting, yet minimal injury duel, no doubt, ha ha. Maybe a titanium one, but the rubbery plastic one I had, while useful, broke at its weak point on the spoon end whilst I was using it to spread some peanut butter.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I like sporks (the Light My Fire ones) and have them in the car, office desk, campervan (RV) but they do break easily. You can get titanium ones but would worry about getting it confiscated at the airport - never had a problem with taking plastic ones through.
Last time opted for these
upload_2017-2-18_16-56-7.png
bought in Decathlon for about €2.50 the lot and reasonably durable backed up with an Opinel knock off bought in Pamplona and handed in on the way home.
Don't worry about corkscrews - buy wine with a screw cap.
As for yoghourt - they probably managed without a fridge thousands of years ago when it was first discovered. Remember it it is supposed to have bacteria in it!

Be an interesting, yet minimal injury duel, no doubt, ha ha. Maybe a titanium one, but the rubbery plastic one I had, while useful, broke at its weak point on the spoon end whilst I was using it to spread some peanut butter.
Hi Mark, and NEVER use the knife edge to cut Spanish country bread!

Si. Comprende. That wasn't the issue.

My translation read "Wine and homemade" (another meaning of casera) which caused me to wonder homemade what? Ergo, it appeared to me that a word may have been missing.

Now that I know it also refers to a bottled beverage....

Postscript:

For those who don't already know, Español de las Américas (Spanish of the Americas) is by no means identical to that spoken in Spain. Similar, yes, but the pronunciation and idioms are frequently quite different.

€46,-
Postscript:

For those who don't already know, Español de las Américas (Spanish of the Americas) is by no means identical to that spoken in Spain. Similar, yes, but the pronunciation and idioms are frequently quite different.

My ex is Colombian and we walked the Norte together a couple of years ago - his first camino. Colombians tend to be of the opinion that their dialect is the most beautiful, and the Spanish "lisp" drove him nuts. :D

He also had to order his zumo as jugo..... and don't get me started on the Spanish use of vale to mean "ok". Confused him for days.

I was using Rosetta Stone (Spain). I am now taking beginning Spanish ... description says Spain, but they are teaching Latin American Spanish aka Spanish of the Americas (no vosotros(as), no lispy "theh"). I decided to table the Rosetta Stone while taking the class to keep from getting confused. I doubt I will be proficient, and it will be broken Spanish. I am sure it will suffice to get me through, and I will assimilate while I am there. I will focus on essentials like Una caña por favor.

€83,-
Hi Mark, and NEVER use the knife edge to cut Spanish country bread!
I love Spanish bread and tearing it in pieces to go along with soup or a meal is great. But when I'm making a bocadilla sandwich for a picnic lunch I prefer cutting the bread open to more easily insert the meat and cheese. I bring a lightweight plastic plate to cut the bread on. That's mainly why I like having a knife.

€46,-
I've carried a spork on about 2,200 miles of pilgrimages so far and have yet to use it. Actually, I tried to cut some hard cheese with it on my first Camino; it didn't work at all. Not sure why I keep packing it; most things I don't use don't go on the next trip. It just seems like it ought to come in handy.

My Opinal 10 (with corkscrew), however, gets used all the time. Not much good for yogurt, though.

I do think my original question was answered anong all the interesting dialogue. It seems NO ONE likes a serrated knife on the side of their spork. Got it! :)

Have a look at the under noted product. I have carried one for years. Very sturdy, knife has a bottle opener and an edge that I have used to cut crusty bread with no problem and fine enough to slice a tomato A good feel, sizewise in the hand. Folds down into a small container

https://www.mec.ca/en/product/5041-041/GoBites-Trio

On occasion, I have been know to flag down a countryside pan van making its rounds. (And yes, when I speak spanish, pan van rhymes!)
"Riiiight." Lefty will have a fit if he knew he was riding the pan van* to take the golden An to Dan in Fran.
Whatta plan!

*instead of the Tan Van.

I doubt I will be proficient, and it will be broken Spanish. I am sure it will suffice to get me through, and I will assimilate while I am there. I will focus on essentials like Una caña por favor.

In my experience during a month-long self-guided tour of southern Spain, they loved it when I tried, and they worked hard to help. It seemed to help if I began with something like, "Perdóname. Mi español no es bueno." (Coupled with a shrug and self-deprecating half-smile.)

Not sure if the same is true along the CF, of course.

€83,-
That looks pretty cool, and I'm sure that the knife could cut bread too.
I found it on [/U] if anyone's interested in it.

Interesting design. Not likely to get thru Airport Security in one's carry0n luggage, but interesting. (Leave it to Ka-Bar to create a table knife that looks dangerous.)

For a spork I used a Humangear GoBites DUO connected end to end. I combined that with a Opinel N0. 10 with corkscrew which I picked up in St. Jean for a knife. I used both items throughout my camino, as I carried a plastic container to use with any leftover food to eat on the way. The DUO can be used as a fork and a spoon separately, or combined into a spork. The Opinel can be used as a knife or as a wine cork puller.

I stopped primarily using Light My Fire plastic sporks, due to continously breaking them in my bag, and switched to the titanium version, although it was too short for dehydrated meal bags. The DUO when connected end to end is a good size for eating dehydrated food. However, I carried it nested withing my backpack when walking.
hgduo3._SR300,300_.jpg
hgduo2._SR300,300_.jpg

€46,-
Our 'Light your fire' plastic sporks are still going strong after 8 years and several caminos. Were the old ones stronger maybe?
The knife edge on the fork has its uses but we did also carry a Victorinox swiss card for its mini knife and scissors.

REI has a spork for about $2. One of the cheapest things in the store. I didn't carry one in 2015 but wish I had. Did take one in 2016 and used it a lot for canned goods I'd buy in local tiendas. I'm a BIG spork guy.

My friend and I brought 1 spork as our ONLY eating utensil. No cups, plates, bowls, pans, or knives. We ended up buying a scissors in a farmacia to use as a knife. Granted we are both very low maintenance and not ashamed to get messy eating a mango with our bare hands in a public square.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
REI has a spork for about $2. One of the cheapest things in the store. I didn't carry one in 2015 but wish I had. Did take one in 2016 and used it a lot for canned goods I'd buy in local tiendas. I'm a BIG spork guy.
Hey Steve, Glad to hear your REI spork held up for your whole Camino last fall, unlike a few of the comments I have received on this thread from other spork users. Everyone sure loves REI. I'll have to order online as there is not one in my area. P.S. I really enjoy your note of the day as stated in my email a few weeks back. ;)

Most read last week in this forum

70+ year old, 5 ft. tall, 110 lb. female hiking the full Northern Route (del Norte). My goal is to carry no more than 12 pounds/5.44 kg. Ideally, I'd like to carry less. I'm planning to use a...
Has anyone tried wearing sun sleeves? Seems they might be good for protection from the sun while also perhaps forgoing the need for a long-sleeve shirt? My concern is whether or not the fit is...
Sorry if this seems trivial, but I leave in 26 days for my first Camino (Frances). I’m finalizing my backpack items figuring what makes the honored Final Cut. Question: I was gonna bring a...
I usually wear Motion Control, but thought I might try something new this year. What are YOUR favorites, and why?
Does anyone have any experience with getting a custom rain cover for an Osprey pack? After 4 different caminos I am now grappling with using my rain suit which I prefer vs a poncho because my...
I walked the Camino Portuguese in September 2023 and loved the experience. I'm looking forward to my next Camino sometime in 2025. Although I didn't need a blanket on the Portuguese, I'm...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back