• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Tattoo shop in Santiago

angeliki louk

Time of past OR future Camino
July 2014 camino Frances.
June 2015 Camino north
Camino primitivo
Does anyone know a tattoo shop in Santiago that he trusts? I want to do a tattoo when I arrive there ( instead of doing it when I return home) but I would like to go to a place that someone will suggest...so it's safe, clean ect ect......otherwise I will do it at the shop that I usually go back home....but the idea of doing there excites me more :)
Ivar maybe you know better since you are there :))))

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I knew someone that got a tattoo on her foot in Santiago, then realized that she would not be able to swim or even wade in the water in Finisterre with her fresh tattoo.

Does anyone know a tattoo shop in Santiago that he trusts? I want to do a tattoo when I arrive there ( instead of doing it when I return home) but I would like to go to a place that someone will suggest...so it's safe, clean ect ect......otherwise I will do it at the shop that I usually go back home....but the idea of doing there excites me more :)
I am interested in recommendations for a shop, too.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
There are some parlours in the city. The tourist office will tell you locations but unlikely to recommend any one in particular.

I went to a tattoo shop near the old Pilgrim Office in 2013 to get a nice discreet tattoo on my arm to remember my Camino with my wife. I showed the girl the photo of what I wanted and the size I had in mind but she wanted to do a large one, I told her I would think about it but I never went back. That's the only experience I have for tattoos in Santiago.

I've got a couple of shops bookmarked on my laptop as recommended by other pilgrims in other forums. When I'm on my laptop I'll find them for you.

I was going to do mine in Santiago but decided to wait till I get home. It's going on my foot and I still have a week of walking to do after Santiago. So it seemed wiser for me to wait until I get home.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Thank you all so much!! Well and mine will be simple just the name of my son :) but it would mean a lot for me to do it there....but I need to be sure for the place that's it's safe and clean...

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Baaaaah, you all are making me want to get mine done in Spain after all. I mean...what an amazing souvenir!

Thank you for the tips. :) I have planed to do a tattoo after I´ve done my walk Santiago-Finesterre-Muxia-(Finesterre-)Santiago. I don´t want to miss the oportunity to take a swim in the ocean after that long walk from SJPdP. I just can´t make up my mind where to put it. Then I start to think about how a tattoo is going to look on different places of the body as the years goes by :confused: But naa, that ageing thing isn´t going to happen for me :p:D

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I have promised myself that when I complete my Camino, I want to have a simple scallop shell tattooed on my right shoulder blade.

Thank you for the tips. :) I have planed to do a tattoo after I´ve done my walk Santiago-Finesterre-Muxia-(Finesterre-)Santiago. I don´t want to miss the oportunity to take a swim in the ocean after that long walk from SJPdP. I just can´t make up my mind where to put it. Then I start to think about how a tattoo is going to look on different places of the body as the years goes by :confused: But naa, that ageing thing isn´t going to happen for me :p:D

A very valid concern! As we age it becomes apparent that Mr. Gravity is no longer our friend! It is with that idea in mind I chose my shoulder blade: not much is going to affect it there!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
When we got to Santiago, my friend got tattoos on both her lower legs - the cross of St. James. She had them done at the Sagrado Corazon, and we were impressed by the professionalism, the sanitary conditions, and the care taken. This shop is actually near Ivar's place.

One pilgrim had Blackline do a white tattoo of a scallop shell on her arm. I think there was a special term for "white tattoo" but it escapes me now...(??). But it was really cool!
I love white tattoos, but I hear they don't last long. My shop here at home refuses to do them because of it.

A very valid concern! As we age it becomes apparent that Mr. Gravity is no longer our friend! It is with that idea in mind I chose my shoulder blade: not much is going to affect it there!

This made me laugh. I had the same concern so I have one on my shoulder and one behind my ear where skin doesn't sag quite as much. :)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
You just read my mind, it´s the same place I have been thinking of, but the only negative, I cant see it. Option #2 is on the ancle..
I love white tattoos, but I hear they don't last long. My shop here at home refuses to do them because of it.
I had no idea that they didn´t last so long. Then I can rule a white tattoo out. So now my options are in a black/grey scale or in a brown tone. Behind the ear is nice, now I maybe have to do more than one. :)

You just read my mind, it´s the same place I have been thinking of, but the only negative, I cant see it. Option #2 is on the ancle..

I had no idea that they didn´t last so long. Then I can rule a white tattoo out. So now my options are in a black/grey scale or in a brown tone. Behind the ear is nice, now I maybe have to do more than one. :)

I'm all about color. You can add beautiful color to a black line tattoo. I have very bright green leaves on my orange blossom behind my ear, but the shading (an orange blossom is white) is gray scale.

I'm all about color. You can add beautiful color to a black line tattoo. I have very bright green leaves on my orange blossom behind my ear, but the shading (an orange blossom is white) is gray scale.
Picture? :) I´m not really in to do a coloured one, but all about shading. Maybe just a toutch of colour like a highlight would be nice.
Will get a "buen camino" on my left (writing) arm.
Any special style?
I have scetched and rescetched all morning, trying to incorperate different ideas, and combine two different pictures (cross of S:t James and the symbol for hope, faith, love) into one.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Maybe something like this.. Does it work? :confused:

Attachments

• Tattoo 11.jpg
    Tattoo 11.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 60
  • Tattoo 12.jpg
    Tattoo 12.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 56
Maybe something like this.. Does it work? :confused:

I like it! I dumped all the pics on my phone to get ready to take ones in Spain so I don't have my tattoo pics available right now. Some ppl love color. Some love shading. Both are nice. Whatever you love is what you should get!

AND due to ones skin the "white" quickly turns yellow. Like people who has nicotine fingers from years of smoking. considered one and my local tattoo shop won't do it either. But glad she told me before I got one.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
AND due to ones skin the "white" quickly turns yellow. Like people who has nicotine fingers from years of smoking. considered one and my local tattoo shop won't do it either. But glad she told me before I got one.
Yellow like nicotine fingers :eek: Wouldn´t like that! Glad I decided not to do it in white.

I got my tattoo at "Sagrada" in Santiago. I am extremely happy with the work done. He was also very cleanly and sanitary.

I confess that I know nothing about tattooing.... But! I will have one day free in SdeC at the conclusion of my next walk. If, just if, I wanted to get a simple Cruz de Santiago tattoo done, could that be done in one day? And what might the fee be?

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
We (my walking partner and I) actually got our "scallop shell" tattoos in Leon, Spain, so they would be completely healed by the time we reached Santiago. We found a place called "Tattoo Mo-Gul" and they did a great job, at a great price. If you decide to get one sooner, that certainly would be one recommendation.

I confess that I know nothing about tattooing.... But! I will have one day free in SdeC at the conclusion of my next walk. If, just if, I wanted to get a simple Cruz de Santiago tattoo done, could that be done in one day? And what might the fee be?
I had mine done in 45 minutes and it cost me $60 USD. So well worth it since I "earned" my tattoo by completing my 3rd. Camino.

We (my walking partner and I) actually got our "scallop shell" tattoos in Leon, Spain, so they would be completely healed by the time we reached Santiago. We found a place called "Tattoo Mo-Gul" and they did a great job, at a great price. If you decide to get one sooner, that certainly would be one recommendation.

Where are your shells tattooed? I have heard not to put anything on my feet if I still have walking to do....

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

I knew people who were very happy with their tattoos and I went to the same tattoo parlour. They were very patient, friendly and did a great job. It was called Black Line but I don't know the address.

Attachments

• IMG_1712.jpg
    IMG_1712.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 17
Where are your shells tattooed? I have heard not to put anything on my feet if I still have walking to do....

I have a 2 small tattoos. One on each foot. Had it done at the same time as they recommend that you don't wear any closed shoes for about 14 days. I lived in flip-flops.

One is on my back heel and she warned me it would fate quickly. She was right. As you wear shoes and the friction of socks it fate quickly the lower they are. Mine is quite low.

The other is further up on the side of my foot and the colour is better there Still loves them both.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I have a 2 small tattoos. One on each foot. Had it done at the same time as they recommend that you don't wear any closed shoes for about 14 days. I lived in flip-flops.

One is on my back heel and she warned me it would fate quickly. She was right. As you wear shoes and the friction of socks it fate quickly the lower they are. Mine is quite low.

The other is further up on the side of my foot and the colour is better there Still loves them both.

Yeah I originally had planned for the side of my foot but I've been reading that lots of shops won't even do them there because of the friction/rubbing off. Flip flops would make it easy to heal, for sure. I've got mids though because of leaving in mid March.

Had a great she'll tattoo in Santiago two years ago, can't remember the shop but just ask around there will be someone who will direct you. They were very professional and totally trustworthy.
I'm back cycling the Norte in September and intend to add to my little she'll !!

yep i got one last year at a shop which was just down the road from the last stamp albergue. i have quite a few tattoos, from many different places, and this shop was VERY clean and professional. highly recommend :)

Sorry for the late reply! We got the tattoos on the inside of our wrists (right hand, but doesn't really matter).

Most read last week in this forum

Does Ivan's place close for siesta or dinner? Trying to sort how to get my stored luggage and I know places close in Spain even when their doors say the hours they are open. Are we supposed to...
Hey I’m looking at starting my Camino from Burgos in about 2-3 days. I’m wanting to use casa ivar storage. Has anyone used this service before? It sounds very good the webpage is just a little...
I requested a Mass to be offered with the botafumerio from the Cathederal for May 27th. Here is the update from the Cathederal: “We are contacting you to inform you that unfortunately the...
Anyone from the forum working in the Pilgrim’s Office May 1-14? We’ll be walking two Caminos and will say hi if you are!
My husband and I would like to spend a night in Muxia after walking to Santiago but don’t have time to walk there. Rome to Rio says there’s busses twice daily, but if you go to the Monbus website...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.