• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino de Madrid - from June

Martina89

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Madrid
Hello everybody!

I'm Martina and I would like to do the Camino of Madrid; I would like to depart about at 20th June.
Would anyone of you come with me?
I would like to arrive in Santiago around 24th July!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
It's going to be HOT!
I walked in early May last year and it was very hot with long stretches without water so you will need to carry a lot of water.
Just a heads up.

Yes, I agree with Anniesantiago, walk with 2 liters of water, snacks, and as I have posted elsewhere, an umbrella saved me from the heat as a sunshade!
Also, it is a doable walk alone too. Quite the experience for me, and I recommend it.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
As the others say, it will be hot. We've walked the madrid twice, in May, 2009 and 2014. It is now my second favourite camino, with wonderful albergues , mostly not crowded, often just us, and the signage so good a guide book is barely needed. But sorry we won't be able to join you this year.
Buen camino.

Thank you so much to everybody!
I would like to know if it's possible, for a girl like me, do the Camino alone and if someone of you had problems because I read that the Camino, till Sahagun, it's very lonely.
I'm not sure to do it by bike or by feet. Is it possible by bike too?
What do you advise to me?
Are there many albergues?

Do you think it's pobbile to do a part of Camino de Madrid and then do the last part of Camino de la Plata? I've already done the Camino Frances and I would like to do another way, not from Sahagun.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Do you think it's pobbile to do a part of Camino de Madrid and then do the last part of Camino de la Plata? I've already done the Camino Frances and I would like to do another way, not from Sahagun.
Hi Martina, When I walked the Camino de Madrid, the only other two walkers I met turned west at Simancas and joined up with the Sanabres around Zamora. They had figured out two days on back roads. Once you get to Toro you are on the Levante, and from there it's a day's walk to Zamora, which is where the Sanabres starts.

If you want to stay all the way on the Madrid till Sahagun, you can then walk (or bus/train) from Sahagun to either Leon (Salvador/Primitivo) or Ponferrada (Invierno). Both of these options are very nice, and I hope to be repeating the Invierno this year.

I have walked the Madrid and other untravelled caminos alone, sometimes meeting up with others, but sometimes just being totally alone. I've never worried about it or felt threatened, yet I understand how recent news reports would cause some anxiety. I leave tomorrow and will have about 9 days alone before meeting up with someone, on another one of these untraveled caminos -- the Cami St. Jaume from Llanca to Montserrat. I haven't felt nervous or worried. I think the best thing is to try to keep in mind that the Caminos are not a hermetically sealed bubble where crime is banned, but at the same time it has got to be one of the very safest places in the world. Let us know what you decide to do, and buen camino!

p.s. The Camino de Madrid has an excellent albergue system, really terrific.

Thank you so much to everybody!
I would like to know if it's possible, for a girl like me, do the Camino alone and if someone of you had problems because I read that the Camino, till Sahagun, it's very lonely.
I'm not sure to do it by bike or by feet. Is it possible by bike too?
What do you advise to me?
Are there many albergues?
Hola, Martina!

I thought that you have read some of the previous posts/journals on Camino de Madrid but now I think it's kind of obvious you didn't :)
You can find it all here: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/forums/camino-de-madrid.45/
Of course I would recommend Laurie's posts (@peregrina2000 - you can read her blog on CdM - link in her signature) and mine :D (@KinkyOne ) from last year. Also @Phillypilgrim walked the route in 2014. There are already posts from this year from @Undermanager and plans to connect CdM with Levante/VdlP/Sanabres from @MichaelNW .
If you'll get through these there will be very little left for additional questions but ask anyway ;)

Ultreia!

I prepared a lot for this Camino. Read through all the posts (as Kinyone suggests) and make your notes on the CSJ guide and expect to walk and be alone for 15 days. You may meet others, in which case you are lucky! I did meet a bicycle Pilgrim once. He was fluent in English so I REALLY enjoyed my time talking to him one evening. Other than that, I crossed paths with a Spanish couple for three nights in the albergues. They were great, but spoke no English. That was it.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hello everybody!

I'm Martina and I would like to do the Camino of Madrid; I would like to depart about at 20th June.
Would anyone of you come with me?
I would like to arrive in Santiago around 24th July!
Greetings Martina, I also plan to walk the Camino Madrid. I will be in Madrid for a couple of days then start, I will be leaving June 2nd. I believe it will a great experience. Hopefully you will find an individual to accompany you .Ciao

Reading through these posts it seems that there is a guidebook for the Camino Madrid. But, I can't find it. Can someone post the title and data for it? Thanks so much. I've walked a CF and Primitivo and biked the CF. I am thinking of biking the Camino Madrid and would welcome any thoughts or comments.

Reading through these posts it seems that there is a guidebook for the Camino Madrid. But, I can't find it. Can someone post the title and data for it? Thanks so much. I've walked a CF and Primitivo and biked the CF. I am thinking of biking the Camino Madrid and would welcome any thoughts or comments.
Hello,

I recently purchased the Camino de Madrid guide book from here... https://www.csj.org.uk/shop/camino-pilgrim-guides-camino-de-madrid-20192020

I'm planning on walking the route for 2 weeks in June this year 2022.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thanks so much!

Loren

Thank you for this link! Amazon has a book too but this one is more recent. I just decided to take this route too as I'll be arriving in Madrid in mid May. Sounds like a lovely walk and I'm just fine with it being less traveled. Buen Camino!

As the others say, it will be hot. We've walked the madrid twice, in May, 2009 and 2014. It is now my second favourite camino, with wonderful albergues , mostly not crowded, often just us, and the signage so good a guide book is barely needed. But sorry we won't be able to join you this year.
Buen camino.
I’m curious, which Camino is your favorite?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everybody, Which is the best way by foot : Uclès to Madrid or Madrid to Uclès (in july !)? And where find informations about accomodation ? Thank you

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back