• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The Camino leaving Sevilla.

Stephen

Time of past OR future Camino
Twice walked from St Jean to Estella and once from Sarria to Santiago. Maybe someday I'll find the time to do the entire walk.
I've found the time. Just completed SJPP to Santiago. 25 Aug to 1st Oct, 2016.
And now the Portuguese from Lisbon.
I've managed to get lost in Lisboa, Pamplona, Logrono, and Burgos while on recent Caminos. I'm guessing that the Camino from Sevilla starts from somewhere near the Cathedral. Is the way out of the city well marked?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I've walked the segment twice from two starting points. The first time I walked it (when I was unfamiliar with Seville), I became hopelessly lost trying to find the small bridge that crosses the river before Camas. The second time I knew where I was going, but it still took a little improvisation and attention to keep to the trail. My suggestion (assuming you've installed Google Earth) - go to Godesalco (http://www.godesalco.com/plan/plata), put in your expected route, and download a Google Earth kml file. It will give you a good visual representation of the route through Seville.

Also, if you have a lay over day in Seville, walk over to the Amigos del Camino office in Triana (http://www.viaplata.org/). They have limited hours, so check first to see if they are open. Their office is actually along the VdlP route, so the visit will give you a good introduction to the streets and the trail.

Waymarking isn't as frequent as I would have liked. Fortunately I had Gerald Kelly's book which has very detailed directions from the Cathedral to the city limits. And yes you will find markings along the tram tracks that run along side the Cathedral.

If you follow the arrows from Triana, it takes you to the Cathedral, and right back at the Triana bridge o_O. If you have visited the cathedral the day before, and are leaving from Triana, just go left before crosssing the bridge. Or, if you are afraid of the dogs and what ever else has beenposted about Camas being not very desirable to walk through, take the bus from the bus depot to Santiponce and walk from there. I wanted a shorter day to help with jet lag and that's what I did. It allowed me to wonder what could be so wrong with Camasthat some feel uneasy about walking through it.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
It allowed me to wonder what could be so wrong with Camas that some feel uneasy about walking through it.
Camas gets picked on unnecessarily. Virtually every city and major town on the VdlP (even Guillena) has an industrialized district on the outskirts like Camas with warehouses and decaying farms. They're not much fun to walk through and they do seem to have a disproportionate number of aggressive dogs and sketchy residents compared with the rest of the Camino. For me it's just part of the adventure, the price I must pay to walk through wondrous places like Merida and Salamanca. That said, I do prefer to walk with others, if possible, when I go through these areas.

... Or, if you are afraid of the dogs and what ever else has beenposted about Camas being not very desirable to walk through,...

Actually I met free range semi-feral (mildly annoying, but not dangerous) on the river route that bypasses Camas. Next time I will take the route via Camas to see how it is. From the point where the two routes rejoined, it looked rather nice (and would have provided an additional Cafe con leche ;-) Buen Camino, SY

Love ot when those who "like" something are those who complained about it. :cool:

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I agree with those who have said this stage is not as well marked as some other cities, which I would say about most of the Via de la Plata. But it is still my favorite Camino. Get a guidebook, a detailed map, a GPS, or all three! For the first 2/3 of the VdlP you just head north and keep Portugal to your left! Buen Camino.

I found it relatively easy to do from the cathedral - mind you I'd checked on google earth and maps before arriving and had a bit of a look around on a couple of days in Seville. Spotting the arrows becomes easier when you're actually looking for them! It amazed me how often I'd overlooked them walking the same streets the day or so before I actually set out.
I took the river route bypassing Camas and really enjoyed it. It's a bit grubby and graffitied- in fact the arrows sometimes could look a bit like graffiti! I guess that this all parallels the reality of our journey -a spiritual/romantic quest in the midst of ordinary life. For me the transition out of the urban area and into a rural one was all part of the transition from tourist to pilgrim. Buen Camino!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
The most amazing churros are in Camas with the thickest hot chocolate and I would go that way again for that reason alone!

Most read last week in this forum

After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading thru Aciberos. There...
My daughter just has a few weeks off so we flew to Portugal to visit my brother in Braga, then he drove us up to Puebla de Sanabria to walk the Camino Sanabres. Tomorrow we start walking, but I...
Greetings from sunny Cea. Are there any hostels between Cea and A Laxe? Hostel in Castro Dozon is closed
After Olleros de Tera at one point you will come to a crossing where there are two arrows. One pointing to the road and one pointing straight on into the greenery. If you have the Via de la Plata...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...
For anyone around Sevilla, next Saturday marks the end of the annual week long fiesta. I have just had a conversation, as I do weekly (to help her with English), with a friend who is from there...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back