• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New Eroski guide for the Salvador

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I think that Ender's guide is really all you need. It's extremely detailed, and there are pictures to clarify some of the tricky parts. Ender is also responsible for the marking on the Salvador, so when he changes it (as he has been lately, to try to avoid the mud pit after the descent at Puerto Pajares and before the town of Pajares) the guide changes as well. Annually updated, so any comments would be welcome.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I agree with Laurie. Ender's guide is excellent and all anyone needs. Good news about avoiding the mud pit.

What a shame @IngridF, I shall be about five weeks ahead of you :-(

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I'm considering this Camino for our next trip. We thought about repeating the Primitivo but I'm open to another remote, not heavily populated route. If I did the Primitivo again I'd stop before Melide. Maybe even Ponte Ferreira.

I like the idea of doing it in the 8 stages that are proposed in Endar's guide. I just have no interest in doing it when the temperatures are hot. It was too hot this May (temps in the 70s and 80s) for me on most days so I'm looking at April or maybe September?

Most important question that I have. How much road working is involved? Maybe I should go look for other routes in Europe that involve more wilderness?

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
@alaskadiver you should do the Pennine Way.

@Mikel Olivares and I are doing the Salvador in August, btw.

I will have to Google that one. Never heard of it. Thanks for the recommendation. I hope to read your update of the Salvador. I can't imagine walking in Spain in August. The mere thought gives me heat stroke :eek:

Pennine way is famous for freezing fogs, wind, lots of ups and downs, and is for the hardy. Very beautiful. You need to book all accommodation in England ahead, or bring a tent though. There are booking agencies that will do it for you.

Here is a blog by a hilarious couple who love food, tea and beer. They were not disappointed.

Last edited:
Pennine way is famous for freezing fogs, wind, lots of ups and downs, and is for the hardy. Very beautiful. You need to book all accommodation in England ahead, or bring a tent though. There are booking agencies that will do it for you.

Here is a blog by a hilarious couple who love food, tea and beer. They were not disappointed.
Or if you would want to walk another route in England you could try the Coast to Coastwalk It's about 300 kilometers. It has the same characteristics as the Pennine Way, but is much shorter (instead of north-south it crosses England from East to West) Most people walk from west to East to have the wind in the back most of the time. I walked the other way around to save the nicest parts for the last days(the Lake district)
If you have the chance you could look at the wonderful guide by A. Wainwright, who developed this route. The book has beautifully drawings of landscapes and route descriptions/maps. The BBC made a series about this walk, perhaps it can be found on the internet

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I'm considering this Camino for our next trip. We thought about repeating the Primitivo but I'm open to another remote, not heavily populated route. If I did the Primitivo again I'd stop before Melide. Maybe even Ponte Ferreira.

I like the idea of doing it in the 8 stages that are proposed in Endar's guide. I just have no interest in doing it when the temperatures are hot. It was too hot this May (temps in the 70s and 80s) for me on most days so I'm looking at April or maybe September?

Most important question that I have. How much road working is involved? Maybe I should go look for other routes in Europe that involve more wilderness?

I have just got home from the Salvador. Yes, there is some road walking but I do not remember the percentage. I just remember that those roads had no mud and cow pats and not having to negotiate over the muddy waters.

It is hard. Uphill and downhill. I do not remember if one could send one's baggage ahead but in hind sight and my current injury, it is recommended.

Can't wait to walk this camino. Should be in Leon in 3 weeks time (start on Monday from St Jean. My only worry/conceren is getting lost but that said, it's all part of the fun!

Most read last week in this forum

Buen Camino pilgrims! I plan to walk the Del Salvador this summer, followed by the Primitivo, followed by the Portuguese (from Coimbra). What a summer I will have :) I am posting my current...
I will be walking the Norte starting at Bilbao later this month and am considering switching to the San Salvador after I get to Oviedo. I would be walking it in the reverse direction beginning...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.