• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Muxia to Porto...

Viking-on-the-trail

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (2017)
Frances(2016)
Hi,

I hope someone can help. I need to take the bus from Muxia to SDC and from there the bus to Porto. However there is no information regarding the times or where to get the bus from SDC to Porto. Does anyone know these?

As far as I could find out the bus from Muxia to SDC leaves at 06:45 and 14:30. So wanna figure out if I can catch a bus the same day to porto or if I have stay overnight in Santiago. Also don't want to be arriving to late in to Porto.

Thanks

Buon Camino

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Jill,

Thanks I completely forgot to check Alsa as rio2rome mentioned the other company. Now I can plan on. Thanks for your quick reply.

Cheers,

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi, the Alsa bus leaves Santiago at 10am, 12pm, 2pm and 5.30pm. It take 4 hours 15 mins, and costs 37 euros.
https://www.alsa.es/en/
Jill

I took it yesterday and is €40.00 if you buy it at the bus station. I was in Finisterre and took the express to SdC at 9.45 which got into SdC at about 11.15, just in time to catch the 12.00 to Porto. It drops you off out of town at the metro station Casa de Música. For €1,80 (z2) the metro takes you downtown and then you have a short walk to the Cathedral to get your first carimbo (stamp). I then walked to Matasinhos (12 km) along the river and coastline to get a jump-start, but that's because I am doing the Senda Litoral. Now in Póvoa do Vazim.

Good luck working it all out and bom Caminho!

I took it yesterday and is €40.00 if you buy it at the bus station. I was in Finisterre and took the express to SdC at 9.45 which got into SdC at about 11.15, just in time to catch the 12.00 to Porto. It drops you off out of town at the metro station Casa de Música. For €1,80 (z2) the metro takes you downtown and then you have a short walk to the Cathedral to get your first carimbo (stamp). I then walked to Matasinhos (12 km) along the river and coastline to get a jump-start, but that's because I am doing the Senda Litoral. Now in Póvoa do Vazim.

Good luck working it all out and bom Caminho!
Does this mean that the buses in Galicia are no longer on strike?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
For the moment the strike is indeed every Tuesday and Wednesday, I just asked! Buen Camino, SY

For the moment the strike is indeed every Tuesday and Wednesday, I just asked! Buen Camino, SY
Thanks for update Sybille. I had thought it would be Wednesdays only. Might need to taxi back from Muxia on Tuesday !
We'll see what happens
Annie

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back