• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Doing the Arles Route but starting in Montpellier.. any idea where I can pick up a passport?

ShanSparkling

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Arles starting from Montpellier
hi there all fellow pilgrims,
I will walk the Camino Arles later this month and was hoping someone could help me in regards to picking up a passport in Montpellier. Should I pick this up in a church or? Tourism office? I can't find anything on the subject with regards to the Arles route. Hope to see some of you on the path. Bon Camino

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Bonjour, ShanS

There is a gite de pelerins by the St Roch church in Montpellier. I would ask there.
Bon chemin
LK

http://www.cathedrale-montpellier.f...nt&view=category&layout=blog&id=89&Itemid=691

Délivrance de la crédencial
Le sanctuaire Saint-Roch de Montpellier délivre donc la crédencial, au cours d’un échange simple, à celles et ceux qui vont se mettre en route prochainement sur le chemin.

Pour cela, il est demandé de prendre rendez-vous à l’avance au 04 67 52 74 87

Last edited:
Montpellier is a curious Camino place, as beautiful as a city as it is antithetical to the Spirit of the Way -- but the hostel there is by contrast most beautiful indeed, and in a way isolated from the general hubbub.

You should definitely plan to stay there overnight before starting the walk ! You won't regret it, their breakfast plan is simple and good, and it will be a few days before you find another place as elegant in its welcome.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi JabbaPapa,

How is Montpellier antithetical to the Spirit of the Way? My time in this city was truly spiritual....

As I said, it's a very beautiful city.

I'm really referring to the business and the sedentary University city nature of the goings-on there. I certainly felt when I arrived there in 2005 into a massive throng of student and other young party-goers and feasting crowds that I was taken out of the Camino and back into the thrust and parry of ordinary non-pilgrim existence. Which isn't a bad thing of course, and was a part of that Camino, I'm really only just saying that it's one of the most striking stops along the Arles Way. The contrast between the city life and the peace of the St Roch hostel is surprising.

...when I arrived in 2013 I made music in the alleyways of Montpellier and its quaint corners. The throng of students and tourists was, for me a blessing. I didn't play for the feasting crowds, I prefer those who are passing... I stayed two nights in the gite de pelerins. The first night was tranquil, the second was definitely not.

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Bonjour, ShanS

There is a gite de pelerins by the St Roch church in Montpellier. I would ask there.
Bon chemin
LK

http://www.cathedrale-montpellier.f...nt&view=category&layout=blog&id=89&Itemid=691

Délivrance de la crédencial
Le sanctuaire Saint-Roch de Montpellier délivre donc la crédencial, au cours d’un échange simple, à celles et ceux qui vont se mettre en route prochainement sur le chemin.

Pour cela, il est demandé de prendre rendez-vous à l’avance au 04 67 52 74 87

Oh! You are a super star! Thank you! I will do that :)
Montpellier is a curious Camino place, as beautiful as a city as it is antithetical to the Spirit of the Way -- but the hostel there is by contrast most beautiful indeed, and in a way isolated from the general hubbub.

You should definitely plan to stay there overnight before starting the walk ! You won't regret it, their breakfast plan is simple and good, and it will be a few days before you find another place as elegant in its welcome.

Oh! Great! Yes! I am staying one night to see a bit of the place before the long trek to Spain. Thank you for your suggestions:)

Super! Seems to be the going consensus and I will definitely make a turn in there. Thank you.

Super! Thank you. Amazing quick response. I will start in Montpellier so crowds are what I am used to before long stretches with few people and plenty of mindfulness :)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
...when I arrived in 2013 I made music in the alleyways of Montpellier and its quaint corners. The throng of students and tourists was, for me a blessing. I didn't play for the feasting crowds, I prefer those who are passing... I stayed two nights in the gite de pelerins. The first night was tranquil, the second was definitely not.

Ha! Ok! I feel the ear plugs may come in handy.. not for the side street music but for the maddening crowds .. busy time to go.. but one night before peace

Most read last week in this forum

This is a general question for my curiosity. It probably should be posted in “Equipment etc” but would probably get a lot of Spain replies. I’m not bringing my emergency beacon but I did read on...
Greetings pilgrims, We are walking next September from Lourdes to Somport and would like to hear stories and adv ice about the section from Urdos to Somport, with the big incline. Is this route...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back