• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

4th Annual Romeria to the Cross of the El Salvador

peregrina2000

Staff member
This tradition began in 2013, and the reports I get are that it is always a great time for everyone. Walk from Poladura up to the Cross of the Salvador (probably the most beautiful couple of kms of this beautiful camino, or of any camino!). Then walk down to Viadongos (not on the Camino) for sidra and pinchos and a visit to the dairy museum. Then back to Poladura for a (huge) meal. I think someone on the forum almost maade it last year, but this year if you are going to be walking the Salvador and can arrive to coincide with this walk it would be a lot of fun!

Sunday, August 6 -- Gather in Poladura in the square at 11 am. Meal back in Poladura scheduled for 2:30 pm.

More info on the Salvador facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/caminodelsalvador/

One of these years I'll make it! Buen camino, Laurie

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Is there WiFi connectivity between Cabanillas, Buiza, Poladura and Benduenos?
Buen Camino pilgrims! I plan to walk the Del Salvador this summer, followed by the Primitivo, followed by the Portuguese (from Coimbra). What a summer I will have :) I am posting my current...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back