• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

I just did it...

Tulle

Time of past OR future Camino
1999 Burgos-SDC, 2003 Leon-SDC, 2007-2012 Le Puy-SDC, 2014 Burgos-Covarrubias, Camino Ingles 3 times
Today I have booked air plane tickets to Madrid, train ticket to Santiago and a room at HS Martin Pinario. Then I will take the bus to Ferrol and start walking Camino Ingles for the third time. But this time I will walk alone, for the first time. I am excited and scared!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Today I have booked air plane tickets to Madrid, train ticket to Santiago and a room at HS Martin Pinario. Then I will take the bus to Ferrol and start walking Camino Ingles for the third time. But this time I will walk alone, for the first time. I am excited and scared!
In May I walked the Camino Ingles. It was my third camino, but my first time alone, too. It was kind of a test to see if I could, and I did! You will too. It was a good realization that I could walk alone, but not be lonely. I felt safe, and since you have already walked the Ingles before (I had not), you will feel the comfort and security of familiarity. Be aware that the route seems to be in the process of some major route changes and might not be exactly the same as you walked in the past. Buen camino!

Thank you! Yes, I feel more comfortable by choosing a Camino I know. I don't know if I would have dared to take new one...To me it's also a way to find out if I can manage alone. I have walked many times before but always with friends.
I am aware of the upcoming changes and will try to find out more about it before I start in September.

Hi Tulle, we are trying very hard to find the exact details of the route changes so that by the time you walk there should be a new version of the CSJ guide and an online map to refer to, if required. It is proving difficult to find a definitive source as to what exactly has changed. The Ingles part of the forum will be kept up to date as changes are confirmed.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Tulle, we are trying very hard to find the exact details of the route changes so that by the time you walk there should be a new version of the CSJ guide and an online map to refer to, if required. It is proving difficult to find a definitive source as to what exactly has changed. The Ingles part of the forum will be kept up to date as changes are confirmed.
Yes, I will rely upon information from the forum:) I will start walking on September 7, so I hope things will be clearer then.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Buen Camino Tulle! I will be a couple weeks behind you.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Just remember that you'll never walk alone.
As you probably allready know the camino is full of good and helpfull people and pilgrims along the way.
Buen Camino

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Heyt Tulle Good on you. I just completed the Ingles last week. I walked solo and so totally understand the pre trip nerves But having walked over 6 days I loved every minute of the journey from Ferrol to Santiago. Buen camino and if can be of help just let me know. I did write quite a detailed account last week so that might help as well ?Excited for you!

Heyt Tulle Good on you. I just completed the Ingles last week. I walked solo and so totally understand the pre trip nerves But having walked over 6 days I loved every minute of the journey from Ferrol to Santiago. Buen camino and if can be of help just let me know. I did write quite a detailed account last week so that might help as well ?Excited for you!
Thank you! I have read your account and it was very helpful. But I know I can't walk 29 km so I have to split that distance up. I am not quite sure about 24 km either...So I have to start the more detailed planning, September is soon here:))

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Now I have finished the planning for my Camino Ingles, starting in exactly one month. In fact on my 75th birthday... Tickets are bought, reservations made, but the hardest part is left: to fight my fear and anxiety...

Tulle
How wonderful then that you are heading to the best place to combat this. My camino ingles was my challenge but one that brought such clarity and such a sense of accomplishment. Add to that the time out simply to enjoy the moment,to not to have to think beyond placing one foot in front of the other.x Buen Camino

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
What a way to celebrate a milestone birthday! Enjoy every step ... Feel the fear and do it anyway, as they say! Buen Camino!!

Could you please point me in the right direction to read this? We arrive in Ferrol on the 28th of September... .

Most read last week in this forum

Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...
We lost a set of black Leki trekking poles today between Ferrol and Neda just past the Monastario de San Martino. We sat down for a rest near the top of the hill amidst the houses. The poles were...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back