• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino DVD?

junie

Time of past OR future Camino
St. Frances (2018)
I am looking for a Camino virtual walk DVD. Does anyone know if this exists? I will be hiking the Frances in 2018 and thought it would be nice to have this, although so far I have not found anything. thanks for any information.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Get yourself a DVD of 'The Way". Esteves' vision is not entirely unlike the real thing and neither will anyone elses' be to your own. Buen camino for 2018.
Thanks much. I actually do have that DVD and love it. In my mind though, and it may not exist, I was hoping to have an actual virtual DVD of the walk, whether all 500 miles or partial. Would be nice to account for elevation change, etc. I suspect I am likely the only one wanting :/

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I am looking for a Camino virtual walk DVD. Does anyone know if this exists? I will be hiking the Frances in 2018 and thought it would be nice to have this, although so far I have not found anything. thanks for any information.

Do a Youtube search, if you are able to stream. Hundreds of videos, some of which do a pretty good virtual walk.

Well, I will look again. Admittedly, I was looking for a DVD vs. streaming, but you're right, there's no reason not to take a look at youtube. Thanks.

Hmm, interesting thought. Yourtub or whatever has about 226 zillion Gopro tracks of 'the camino'. There are 'stop frames' of the hack over the Pyrenees available on this very site. www.gronze.com or the blessed Brierley's (may the sun ever shine on his endeavours) book has elevations, as does the Saint Michael's Wise Pilgrim guides and apps.

My approach has always been that such information, while possibly useful, entertaining or even downright scary doesn't change the fact that if I am going to get to Santiago I am going to have to go up that hill.

I'm informed that subscribers to google earth (tm) can complete a virtual camino (and presumably claim a virtual compostella) but I have never tested this assertion.

This may seem a tease, but it isn't. Get your, sensibly light, pack ready. Make sure your shoes fit. Do some serious, proper, light-hearted, occasional training. Enjoy.

And if 2018 seems to far away... It isn't ;)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
2018 cannot come soon enough...I am about to crawl out of my skin waiting. And yes, I know I can (and will) prepare both indoors on the treadmill and outside, but I just thought it'd be cool to have this DVD that I conjured up. thanks to all for the input.

Wow, this is interesting, thank you so much! I really appreciate it!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
2018 cannot come soon enough...I am about to crawl out of my skin waiting. And yes, I know I can (and will) prepare both indoors on the treadmill and outside, but I just thought it'd be cool to have this DVD that I conjured up. thanks to all for the input.
If I went as fast as I could on my bicycle with a GoPro (and jogged the parts the bike can't handle), and then compressed the video to four times normal speed, there's NO WAY it could fit on even several DVDs.

"Preparation" won't hurt, but I think it is over-emphasized. I'm over sixty, and never bothered to "prepare." Yet I've biked 66 kilometers in a day, and 53 in a day, and walked 66 in a day, and had no ill effects. (Although yesterday, I had leg cramps after doing only 25 kilometers on the bike.)

Thanks much. I actually do have that DVD and love it. In my mind though, and it may not exist, I was hoping to have an actual virtual DVD of the walk, whether all 500 miles or partial. Would be nice to account for elevation change, etc. I suspect I am likely the only one wanting :/
You can choose to watch numerous utube videos of personalized Camino walks. Many are very well made and give an accurate portrayal of many portions on the trail. Unfortunately, I know of no DVD's of a virtual tour, but another video available you might like to see is "Six Ways to Santiago", although I personally like "The Way" better, even though a fictional account.

At one time I had a Google Earth fly0ver of the CF saved, but after a couple of computer crashes and an upgrade to Windows 10 it seems to have been lost. It was like flying from St Jean to Santiago in a helicopter a couple of hundred meters above the ground. On my rather slowish computer, it took about 45 minutes for the entire virtual trip. If anybody has that link, I'd sure appreciate it if you'd pass it along.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
At one time I had a Google Earth fly0ver of the CF saved, but after a couple of computer crashes and an upgrade to Windows 10 it seems to have been lost. It was like flying from St Jean to Santiago in a helicopter a couple of hundred meters above the ground. On my rather slowish computer, it took about 45 minutes for the entire virtual trip. If anybody has that link, I'd sure appreciate it if you'd pass it along.
I, too, loved that utube video. I saved it and just took a screenshot for you as I'm not tech savvy, but can insert a photo. Maybe others will enjoy it ,too. It's awesome! (It's taking me awhile on my mobile app to do, but I'll keep trying.):)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
That flyover had some nice scenes, but wasn't much use for an actual view of the sorts of walks one would be facing. But the URI is
Also, The Way is online at
but it's probably an illegal upload, not likely to be there very long.

Last edited:
That flyover had some nice seens, but wasn't much use for an actual view of the sorts of walks one would be facing. But the URI is
Also, The Way is online at
but it's probably an illegal upload, not likely to be there very long.
Thanks for posting that link. That's a good animation, but it's not the same as the flyover that I referred to in my earlier post. Like I said, it was a continuous moving view over the highlighted track, just like flying overhead in a helicopter. If I recall correctly, it was on a German hiking or biking website.

Thanks for posting that link. That's a good animation, but it's not the same as the flyover that I referred to in my earlier post.
Interesting. I found it by typing in the exact text that titled the other one. Glad I found it, though, since it had links on the right to a lot of other interesting things.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Interesting. I found it by typing in the exact text that titled the other one. Glad I found it, though, since it had links on the right to a lot of other interesting things.
Could you please post the link to the video the OP had asked a put and then you ended up finding it? I would love to view it, too!

Could you please post the link to the video the OP had asked a put and then you ended up finding it? I would love to view it, too!
You can click the link I already posted, but he said it isn't the same video. Or you could search for the same title and maybe find a different link than I found.

I walked the camino Frances in 2013 and took a lot of pictures.Take a look of my facebooksite to see and enjoyhttps://youtu.be/SwE3Rcw_LcM

Most read last week in this forum

I just completed the Camino Fracis. I got to the pilgrim office in time to get my compesela, and had a very positive experience there. I dedicated my camino to a close cousin who recently passed...
It's been 5 years since being in Santiago and my perceptions are stuck in a decade ago. But these days it's so much easier to find good vegetarian and vegan food here. Yesterday I had a wonderful...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.