• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Is there a Kiwi/Australasian Friends of the Camino Group?

rosieect

Time of past OR future Camino
Lisbon --> SdC, Finisterre and Muxia, 2020 (plus variante espiritual)
I'm setting off shortly and attaching patches to my rucksack so it's recognisable, but it seems that every other country has their own "Friends of the Camino" patch except us! Is there one I've missed in my search, or a general one for both Australia and New Zealand?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Sorry rosieect, but to my knowledge there is no amigos group in NZ. We have the Australian Friends of the Camino here in Australia, and when we began in 2011 we gave some thought to making it an Australasian group but decided to make it Australian only. We have periodically had members from NZ, but this is somewhat problematic due to a number of factors - the high cost of postage across the ditch, time involved in postage reaching its destination, and the currency difference.

The Australian Friends of the Camino Inc. can be found at www.afotc.org We supply credencials free to our members, along with a quarterly newsletter (published 3 months later on the web site) and a guide to Santiago. Hope this information is of assistance to Australians looking for us.

Buen Camino, Janet

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I'm setting off shortly and attaching patches to my rucksack so it's recognisable, but it seems that every other country has their own "Friends of the Camino" patch except us! Is there one I've missed in my search, or a general one for both Australia and New Zealand?
Hi....yes....There is the Australian Friends of the Camino based in South Australia - they have their own patch.....There is also Australian Pilgrims on the Camino de Santiago de Compostella Facebook Group....we also have our own Very distinctive patch.....Please visit this group as I don't seem to be able to upload a photo to this forum at the moment...kind Regards...Susan Morris (admin and Co-ordinator of the facebook group. :)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Rosieect....please contact me via email: susanawee@gmail.com and I will give you details of our Australian Patch...kind regards..

Hi @rosieect
If you're looking for patches- have you acquired the 'camino forum' patch available from this forum store?

Yep, just waiting for it to arrive! I have the Camigas one as well but I thought a local one might be a bit of a conversation piece!

Sorry rosieect, but to my knowledge there is no amigos group in NZ. We have the Australian Friends of the Camino here in Australia, and when we began in 2011 we gave some thought to making it an Australasian group but decided to make it Australian only. We have periodically had members from NZ, but this is somewhat problematic due to a number of factors - the high cost of postage across the ditch, time involved in postage reaching its destination, and the currency difference.

The Australian Friends of the Camino Inc. can be found at www.afotc.org We supply credencials free to our members, along with a quarterly newsletter (published 3 months later on the web site) and a guide to Santiago. Hope this information is of assistance to Australians looking for us.

Buen Camino, Janet

Thanks Janet! I'll definitely have a look over there :)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi....yes....There is the Australian Friends of the Camino based in South Australia - they have their own patch.....There is also Australian Pilgrims on the Camino de Santiago de Compostella Facebook Group....we also have our own Very distinctive patch.....Please visit this group as I don't seem to be able to upload a photo to this forum at the moment...kind Regards...Susan Morris (admin and Co-ordinator of the facebook group. :)

Thanks Susan! I'll check it out!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back