• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Facebook pictures of Mozarabe from Almeria

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Facebook user Mahdi di Camino is walking from Almeria. Today he left La Peza. He posted a lot of beautiful pictures in the last days. Captions are in French and a few in Dutch.

https://www.facebook.com/mahdi.ducamino

Thanks for posting this link, Carel5. Lots and lots of pictures. Lots of information given by the author, but unfortunately (for me) it's in French. Looks like the castle in Almeria is definitely a place to climb around and get great views!

@mla1, this facebook page is all in French, right up your alley!

If my awful French is right, these guys got picked up at the airport by a member of the Amigos. And then had dinner with a big bunch of them. Talk about VIP treatment! And the marking looks excellent, sigh of relief. I have to admit that some of the landscape is a bit barren, which I'm hoping will be different in April. I saw mention of almond trees, and if they are anything like the ones in Portugal, there will be flowers galore in April!

Here is what I have picked up so far, maybe French speaking members can add to that. I think Mahdi talks about the accommodations quite a bait.

These two had their first day to Rioja and second day to Alboloduy. That has the advantage of having a first short day to Rioja (15) and a longer second day to Alboloduy (26-ish) rather than the standard first day to Santa Fe de Mondújar (27) and second day to Alboloduy (15). There seems to be no way to have a reasonable stage from Santa Fe to beyond Alboloduy given the spacing of Albergues, but I suppose some will walk Santa Fe to Abla, 42 km.

Third stage -- Alboloduy to Ocaña, which I haven't seen on the Camino stages anywhere. Rest day in the Sierras, maybe? Google maps shows that it's about 18 km from Alboduy. But I can find no accommodation.

In Alquife -- Alan has said there are three albergues here. These guys stayed in Casa Lacho with their host Miguel.

This are really the best pictures I have seen so far from the Almeria -Granada part. The landscape looks barren but this will change after Granada, where you will get plenty of olive trees, and again after Cordoba, where the Camino is greened up by beautiful dehesa countryside.

99 percent of the commentary and captions are in French but I discovered some Dutch as well, so I suppose the lady is Dutch or Belgian or both are Belgian.

Since April 2015 some albergues were opened. One of them is in Rioja on the first stage. It seems there is one now in Ocaña, so you can shorten the long third stage.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back