• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anyone close to Cea

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTtoCamino

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Francis SJPdP to Finnestere April(2014)
I received this email today if anyone is close to Cea that can help please contact me asap

Keith,
I arrive in Santiago on the 22nd and for the next five days I will be staying much of the time in Xunta albergues, which are pretty much all that there is. Last night a man whose presence has threatened me before showed up late at the albergue in Cea. The hospitalera would not look into the threat, which is recorded at another albergue, but gave the man a free bed and food. There aré now 80 kilometers to Santiago that I anticipate meeting this man at every albergue. If we are alone at the albergue, I may walk out. I am looking for a paid room, when possible, as this man says he has no money. Please pray for me. I need spiritual support.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I would suggest that your friend not depend on a hospitalera taking care of this and report (her?) concern to the police and ask for their advice on how to proceed - especially if she is feeling threatened. At this time of year, there are probably not as many other pilgrims on the road or in the albergues for the support of safety in numbers.

I would suggest that your friend not depend on a hospitalera taking care of this and report (her?) concern to the police and ask for their advice on how to proceed - especially if she is feeling threatened. At this time of year, there are probably not as many other pilgrims on the road or in the albergues for the support of safety in numbers.
Yep already suggested that. Do to the time difference I doubt I will get a response for another 5-6 hours. She made it clear she wants prayer, yet I also want to verify she is safe. So I am taking this further than her request.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Yep already suggested that. Do to the time difference I doubt I will get a response for another 5-6 hours. She made it clear she wants prayer, yet I also want to verify she is safe. So I am taking this further than her request.

Prayers.

May all go well for her and may she find the security and safety she needs.

Please update if/when you are able.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Keith....pray for you friend by all means but i think she/he needs more than spiritual support .
If the situation was perceived as being a physical threat to her/his well being then the only way to negate this threat is to remove oneself from the situation by distance .
As pelerine has suggested , stay behind a day ,( although i suppose knowing this person will be somewhere in front is still uncomfortable ) or...catch a bus to maybe Lalin and continue walking from there .
Lalin is less than 1 hour away by bus , and there are 4 buses that leave Cea today 18/11/2017 according to this web site ..........http://www.monbus.es/es#seleccion .

Hope this is of some help
Regards.......John

How about taking a day's rest and staying behind as well as going to the police and prayers?
A similar thing happened to me a couple of years back during a winter camino, when it was occasionally just me and this one other creepy guy in the albergue. Perhaps I was being paranoid, but I started to feel as though he was following me, especially as one day I decided to skip a stage, and lo and behold he turned up that night, having walked over 40km. He seemed psychologically unstable, and I think he might have been homeless. I hardly slept a wink and my senses were on high alert, it was awful. The OP's friend talks about the guy as a "threatening presence" rather than actually physically threatening her (unless I am misreading this), so not sure the hospitaleros or police could really do anything. I ended up taking a rest day in hopes that he would move on, and it seemed to work. However it was very difficult shaking that primal uneasy feeling that had taken up residence in every cell of my body.

Thank you for your support, she has been contacted by 2 very nice ladies on this forum SYates & Faith. Both live in Santiago. Please continue to pray not only for my friend but all the pilgrims. I will take this thread down later today.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Reports of money missing from a few wallets at Rocanvelles this afternoon. Money was taken, but the wallets/purses were not. Police have been called. Stay safe!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back