• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bercianos can I bypass to another town suggestions please ?

MickMac

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2013
Frances 2016
Frances 2017
Frances 2018
Frances 2018
Ponferrada-Santiago
July 2019
Just wondering if anyone can recommend alternative town or albergue, to stop in or near Bercianos? other than than Hostal Rivero . Walking In July 2018 . Stage Terraldillos de los Templarios to Bercianos del Real Camino.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The next town is El Burgo Ranero. I stopped here in Albergue Domineco Laffi. Lovely donativo. I stayed in Bercianos in 2013 but El Burgo is another 7km. You could take the Roman Way option and walk to Calzadilla de los Hermanillos after Sahagun but I haven't visited that town before.

The next town is El Burgo Ranero. I stopped here in Albergue Domineco Laffi. Lovely donativo. I stayed in Bercianos in 2013 but El Burgo is another 7km. You could take the Roman Way option and walk to Calzadilla de los Hermanillos after Sahagun but I haven't visited that town before.

Thanks for reply do you know distance on the roman way to Calzdilla and is it easy to get ba ck on route from Calzidilla.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
You could take the Roman Way option and walk to Calzadilla de los Hermanillos after Sahagun
is it easy to get back on route from Calzidilla.
This is a really nice alternative, that sure beats the senda next to the road.
Calzadilla de los Hermanillos has both an albergue and a lovely CR (Casa el Cura - it's family-run and very special). Getting back on the 'main drag' is very simple. The Via Trajana takes you straight into Reliegos.

Very nice private Albergue/restaurant' Via Trajana' on the right as you walk into Hermanillos.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Just wondering if anyone can recommend alternative town or albergue, to stop in or near Bercianos? other than than Hostal Rivero . Walking In July 2018 . Stage Terraldillos de los Templarios to Bercianos del Real Camino.
If you want to stay in Bercianos, I would highly recommend the VERY nice Albergue Parroquial. There is a communal meal and a lovely meditative session afterwards, and is donativo. I stayed there about 6 weeks ago to visit the volunteer hospitaleros who I had met two years ago while walking the Camino. It was another incredible experience for me on the Camino! It's on the far side of Bercianos, near a good bar for refreshments and light meals.
Buen Camino!
Terry

If you want to stay in Bercianos, I would highly recommend the VERY nice Albergue Parroquial. There is a communal meal and a lovely meditative session afterwards, and is donativo. I stayed there about 6 weeks ago to visit the volunteer hospitaleros who I had met two years ago while walking the Camino. It was another incredible experience for me on the Camino! It's on the far side of Bercianos, near a good bar for refreshments and light meals.
Buen Camino!
Terry

When I was there in March it was closed so I stayed in the private but very hospitable Santa Clara albergue.
They have four private rooms. The dorm is ok too but rather cramped.
https://www.gronze.com/castilla-y-leon/leon/bercianos-real-camino/albergue-santa-clara

Also above the bar/ restaurant there are now private rooms.
Called El Sueve.
https://www.gronze.com/castilla-y-leon/leon/bercianos-real-camino/alojamiento-sueve

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Buen Camino!
Terry

Agree! I stopped by the parroquial in Bercianos in 2013 and loved it. Although my out of tune rendition of With or Without You by U2 left very much to be desired. :)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Agree! I stopped by the parroquial in Bercianos in 2013 and loved it. Although my out of tune rendition of With or Without You by U2 left very much to be desired. :)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back