• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Details of Local Groups in Australia

Kanga

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata, Portuguese, Primitivo
Please, all and any local Australian groups out there - feel free to use this area of the forum to publicise your local activities. We are a real community and it helps to get to know each other "in the flesh". Who else, other than other Camino tragics, wants to listen to your endless stories?

To help, here are links to all the websites for Australian Camino groups of which I am aware. If there are others (non-commercial) out there, send me a PM and I will add them to the list, so keep checking back.

Australian Friends of the Camino
Pilgrims in Sydney
Pilgrims in Sydney Facebook Page
Brisbane Camino Pilgrims Meetup
Australian Pilgrims on the Camino Facebook Page
Blue Mountains Supporters of the Camino
Blue Mountains Camino Supporters Facebook Page
Canberra Friends of the Camino Facebook Page
Sunshine Coast Camino Group Facebook Page
Central Coast Camino Group Facebook Page
Hobart Camino Conversations Meetup Page

And for our New Zealand cousins, please use this area of the forum, but let me know if there are any websites for your local groups.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi @movinmaggie but that would go in the North America section, I think, not the Australian and New Zealand section! Do you want me to post it for you there?

Thanks Doug, I've changed the link, hope it works.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The organisers and supporters created a truly great event at the AusCamino Festival. Even the horribly wintery weather in summer didn't reduce people's enthusiasm. It was an excellent opportunity for newbies right through to very well experienced pilgrims to learn more and spend time together. Congratulations to all concerned!

Hi @movinmaggie but that would go in the North America section, I think, not the Australian and New Zealand section! Do you want me to post it for you there?

Thanks Doug, I've changed the link, hope it works.
Many thanks for changing mine to North America Kanga. Maggie

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Yes, Julie-Ann gets the gold star for wonderful work - everyone loves her hospitalero courses, they sound really fun. And I hope they translate into lots of Australian hospitalero/a volunteers!

Last edited:
Over the weekend I attended the first AusCamino Festival in Blackheath. It was a very full weekend, preceded by two days of hospitalero training and walks, with some great speakers, different workshops and events, and a wonderful way for all the different Camino communities in Australia to come together. There were people from all over - Darwin, Queensland, South Australia, Victoria and NSW. Even someone from Perth and one from Canada. There was a great representation from the Australian Friends of the Camino, from the Pilgrims in Sydney, and the Blue Mountains group who were instrumental in getting it up and running. Hopefully it will become an annual event in Blackheath - provided the organisers have the fortitude to do it all again! A great thank you to Margaret and Rowan Boutrell of Glenella, to Tony Jacques and the Blue Mountains group, and to all the wonderful volunteers.

Please, all and any local groups out there - feel free to use this area of the forum to publicise your local activities. We are a real community and it helps to get to know each other "in the flesh". Who else, other than other Camino tragics, wants to listen to your endless stories?

To help, here are links to all the websites for Australian Camino groups of which I am aware. If there are others (non-commercial) out there, send me a PM and I will add them to the list, so keep checking back.

Australian Friends of the Camino
Pilgrims in Sydney
Pilgrims in Sydney Facebook Page
Brisbane Camino Pilgrims Meetup
Australian Pilgrims on the Camino Facebook Page
Blue Mountains Supporters of the Camino
Blue Mountains Camino Supporters Facebook Page
Canberra Friends of the Camino Facebook Page

And for our New Zealand cousins, please use this area of the forum, but let me know if there are any websites for your local groups.

Kanga, please add Sunshine Coast camino group facebook page.
Llew

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I think that has added both Sunshine Coast. @gerardcarey I think the Brisbane Group is already there. Let me know by PM if any of the links are wrong or broken.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.